WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Placeable Statics type of mod that is geared towards your picking your favorite home, including mod homes, then move the home or placing a copy of it any where in the game that catches your fancy.

For example I like Breezehome Fully Upgradeable but I get tired of living in Whiterun. With a mod like this I could go to some where quieter like Falkreath and have my Breezehome mod home available to live in on the spot I chose to set it.

Probably not possible but it would be neat to put your favorite home on your favorite plot of land.

a complete climate overhaul that allows the weather to change with the seasons based on the in game calendar. a climate overhaul that doesnt make all of skyrim have the same weather. one that has a summer area and a cooler area but not drab dull snowy s***. (cant stand the cold - can you tell?)

Edited by Ekzz

• 11 months later...

A total conversion of the magic system that mirrors the magic style of the Saga of Recluce book series where you have a separation of magic according to race and ability - White Mage (Chaos magic, more offensive using Destruction - mainly fire and lightning), Black Mage - (Order magic, more defensive and countering using Alteration/Illusion/Restoration).

These would be consistent of the NPCs in the world then certain larger factions would have more of one type of mage (White or Black) and less of the other type of mages. For example, Imperials could favor the Chaos mages, but stil have some Black mages in their employ. Stormcloaks, Dawnguard, etc could favor having more Order mages, less White mages. Mage clothing and robes would exist but match the White and Black scheme of the Mage character's type in addition to wearing the emblem of their faction (thinking like aMidian style). A player would know, more or less, what type of mage or mages he or she is facing off against.

Then the player character and certain Bosses in the world would be able to select to be a 'Gray mage'. Gray mages could learn and use some of both sides of magic, White and Black. But the Gray's destruction spells would be more like unique Earth and Water spells (Including Ice) but no Fire or Lightning, and also be able to use some, but not all, Alteration and Restoration spells but nothing in Illusion. Of course, other mage bosses could just be very powerful Chaos or Order mages, and the player character could also elect to just follow Chaos or Order (but not mix the two).

The kicker is that Conjuration would mostly not exist. Only a few Bosses in the entire game world would be able to use conjuration - and for these bosses, this would be limited to just reviving the dead to fight for them. There wouldn't be any summoning nor would there be bound weapons. Of course, Dragons would still be Dragons - but there'd be far less of them but for those that are in the world, they be ten times harder to kick (thinking deadly dragons on the highest setting). The dragonborn would get the unrelenting shout and whirlwind shout, and the third one needed to defeat Alduin but no longer would you need to collect dragon souls to the point of trading them in for perks using other perk mods, etc (example Ish's souls to perks).

The overall population of NPC mages would be low, making them rare and gifted. The mod should be compatible with deleveling overhauls like Requiem.

I just love the Saga of Recluce books and thought the idea *could* work in the Skyrim world if done correctly. I know the game already kind of limits each NPC's spell capabilities to certain spells, but anyways....

• 2 weeks later...

What I would like to see is a mod based in Blackreach. Maybe something DLC sized.

Blackreach is one of my favorite locations in Skyrim, but it has been underutilized by modding community in my opinion. What I am thinking is the Reclamation of Blackreach, where the Dragonborn assembles a fighting force to conquer the dwemer ruin. Forge alliances, seek out resources, exc. Once it is done then comes the rebuilding and settlement process. Uncover ancient secrets of the Dwemer, this can include other mods such as the Dwemer Power Armor and the Dwemer train.

Mind you the various technologies that might be recovered there wouldn't come at once. You would need to invest into their research and what not.

But over time you gain the attention of others. Maybe the Thalmer, who might see Blackreach as a good staging point for their future conquest of Skyrim. Mind you, Blackreach has multiple enterances that are spread out across the old Dwemer Empire. So when diplomacy fails, they choose to starve you out. Blocking all exits.

So you have to venture further into the Dwemer ruin, perhaps to seek a lost portal that have been mentioned here and there during earlier excavations. Could be something similar to those portals in the Dawnguard quest. Once you are out, you once again need to find allies to break the siege. This could include neighboring Jarls, the various guilds if you control them, and perhaps either the Dawnguard or Vampires(depending on who you sided with).

A rather expansive mod, but it is an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while.

Edited by UnluckyElite01