This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

About asking for permission, I know I have to get permission for using assets like models or textures from their authors. But what about some simple changes of existing records in the game?

For example, if I want to make a FO4 weapon rebalance mod and think "hmm, maybe I should also buff minigun's damage to 12" after seeing Cupressi's Minigun Damage Increase mod, basically I only change the same record in ESM in the same way as he did, do I have to ask him for the permission?

You don't have to ask him for permission as far as I'm concerned. It's just a simple change. No-one can claim copyright on that.

Btw, this is the wrong place to ask such questions. I suggest starting a thread of your own next time.

If you aren't making changes that can be construed as belonging to another ( in this case, hard luck cuz you can make changes directly to the game with only mention of the game makers)...and the changes are yours and the game makers' for a base...there is no bias.

I'd be happy to become a supporter. (I run an ad blocker and realize what that does to revenues.) But I'm not going to give you any more personal information than you already have, which I think is reasonable given your record at security. How about giving me a payment option that doesn't require me to give you my address, cc information, & etc.?

Edited by Braxtil

Typo / error in Fallout 4 Technical Support forum description:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/3495-fallout-4-technical-support/

Fallout 4 Technical Support
Having technical problems with Fallout 3? Post it here and we might be able to help you!

This has probably been noticed / mentioned by plenty of people but a quick search of forums didn't lead me to any such posts. Thanks Dark0ne and all the people whose time and efforts go into making this The Site for modding.

Why not? I want to ban a mod thief.

Ah, sorry, you mean someone didn't give you proper credit. A good reason to want to ban someone. I don't know the answer to your question though, have you tried contacting the guy?

An even better solution would be to report the theft, providing some proof, and have him removed from the website instead.

having read the previous posts i am a bit wary of posting here but hey ho.

i have downloaded several files in the past mainly for fallout3 but also new vegas and skyrim.

in general they have been good and i have endorsed them but when i come accross a download that just seems to suck all the fun out of playing i am left with no recourse other than not endorsing them.

i know i am asking a lot but a bit of feedback might be a good thing, could we have a comments section for files submitted instead of just endorsements?

i feel this would help a lot of people who have downloaded a file just to find themselves locked into a banal gaming experience when these games should be a joy.

iggythom

:psyduck: There is a comments section for each and every mod uploaded on the Nexus. And it has always been there. If you go way back on some of the Morrowind mods you may find comments from 2002. :tongue:

Scroll down just a bit, on the page you downloaded the mod from - look for the "Posts" icon and click on that.

Feedback is always welcome, but please keep it constructive. Remember that "Your mod sux" is not feedback but just being a jerk. :rolleyes:

Endorsements are not required for every mod you download. My own rule of thumb ( pun intended) is they are for those you would recommend to other players. :thumbsup: