This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Horrible to use currently.

Maybe it is fine when casually browsing on your i-phone (the 'curse' of all windows 8/10 GUI design), but everything feels 'off' under normal use on a desktop/laptop. The detail is gone (being able to easily fine tune searches etc), the pictures obscure the information etc. Just nasty GUI redesign.

Thank god I don't have any mods to upload, i can't imagine how that must now be!

5/10 for the new site look (it can change and get better perhaps? Windows 10 'undid' a bunch of the terrible Windows 8 GUI).

Edited by SweetDaggerfall

Hi,

some feedback after using the new layout for like 1-2months:

1. I'd love to have a tracking center for my comments, which are written in the post section of mod pages. As of now, it is too easy to loose track of your own comments, when the author can't reply instantly (1-2 days).
  2. The possibility to easily scroll through pictures inside a mod page is awesome. Can this be done for the whole Media section of the website? I'd like to scroll in fullscreen through user submitted pictures and videos as easily as mod pictures.

Yeah, that's it for now. Have a nice day.

cheers, kyo

EDIT: spelling mistakes

Edited by kyoharu1

Horrible to use currently.

Maybe it is fine when casually browsing on your i-phone (the 'curse' of all windows 8/10 GUI design), but everything feels 'off' under normal use on a desktop/laptop. The detail is gone (being able to easily fine tune searches etc), the pictures obscure the information etc. Just nasty GUI redesign.

Thank god I don't have any mods to upload, i can't imagine how that must now be!

5/10 for the new site look (it can change and get better perhaps? Windows 10 'undid' a bunch of the terrible Windows 8 GUI).

Definitely not harder than before to upload mods, unlike what you seem to think..

No idea if this has been brought up earlier, but when searching for mods through the main Nexus page(the orange one with all games) it's not clear which game the mod is for, since all are orange with only the category visible. An example is one that I searched for and both were named "X of Skyrim". No way to tell if it was for Skyrim SE or Skyrim without clicking on the mods. So the suggestion I have for that is to put the game in there too. So instead of f ex ">> Companions" you'd get "Skyrim>> Companions" :smile:

To clarify; I mean the little orange category text beneath the mod title :yes:

Edited by Niborino9409

^Don't know if this bug has been mentioned before but whenever I first post a reply on the nexus forums it shows up as an empty post. I usually have to edit my post, rewrite it and save changes for it to stick. In this case I left it there and am adding this new reply below (which i will doubtlessly have to edit for it to stick) to serve as an example.

Edit: this second post in a row actually stuck the first time.

Win10 64

Chrome with adblock plus, popup blocker.

Edited by Partoutatix

^Don't know if this bug has been mentioned before but whenever I first post a reply on the nexus forums it shows up as an empty post. I usually have to edit my post, rewrite it and save changes for it to stick. In this case I left it there and am adding this new reply below (which i will doubtlessly have to edit for it to stick) to serve as an example.

Edit: this second post in a row actually stuck the first time.

Win10 64

Chrome with adblock plus, popup blocker.

Hey Partoutatix, thanks for the info. When did this seem to start occurring for you?

OK, some honest critique here, with pros and cons.

Pro
I LOVE the fact that when I do a search for mods, that I can choose between LIST and TILE mode. LOVE THAT OPTION, as I find Lists far easier to navigate, and far quicker to peruse.
I also like the new individual mod pages, as they have a nice new look and are appealing to the eye, they just take a little getting used to to find some features because the layout, while similar, is different enough to make you have to look a little longer at first.
However, all in all, the new individual mod page layout is very nice.

Con
I guess my only bugbear, is the default main page is overwhelming, when I come to the site and get the main page, what I see initially is a pile of empty squashed rectangles with Red X's in them while the page tries to load all of the pictures in each individual box, and eventually the main page builds itself after a few moments, but it's in no way a fast thing, after that, there's just too much "clutter" for me to pick out a game, and it took me a while to find the options to sort the tiles by anything other than Downloads.
For some reason I just couldn't "see" the drop down for it at first, again, could be that the page is too "busy".
At any rate, the main page slows me down tremendously as far as looking for a game, because looking at a very wide page with tiles while wearing bifocals, causes the edges of the page to be blurry, which makes me have to turn my head like I'm watching the Women's match at Wimbleton, which is why I prefer lists and being able to look at a list and see all of the text right in the center, and the site loads slower with all of the tiles on the main page for me, on a 60mbps in America.
Yea, "First World Problems"

Anyway, I just wanted to give better feedback after using the site for a bit, all in all, the layout is nice, and just the main site page is wonky for me and my bifocals.

Addendum OOH! I almost forgot! I absolutely LOVE the "YOUR FAVOURITES" box, so I can quickly jump from Game to Game on the site.