This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

@M48A5

I've been checking on mods from various games and that page index bar doesn't seem to appear at the bottom for any of them (Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 3, Fallout 4).

However, being in the site focus group, I can say that the new site redesign does address the issue. How the page will look will have to wait for an official announcement. :smile:

Excellent!

Well, croc said "in 'Images' where on some mods", which made me immediately think of only the images tab on the file pages. And on these I found "no" game at all where there's a bar at the bottom as well, only at the top.

When you browse or search for images or mods, yes, then there's two bars every time, but not on the one occasion croc was posting about, so I saw your confusion and tried to rectify it. Sorry for just confusing you even more instead.

The point to this whole thread is that if a page 'could' morph into several pages, then there should be some kind of way to go to the next page (at the least) at the bottom of that page. Apparently this issue has already been resolved in the next rebuild, so I look forward to seeing how it happens.

Hmm...

I was thinking about how much am I willing to pay for a good game.

Answer is ~300€ based on Bloodstained

I would NOT pay 300€ for skyrim if it wasn't for the mods... So solution would be Bethesda gets their whatever I paid for skyrim and rest goes for modders.

But how do I divide rest of the money?

Solution similar to GPM but adapted to skyrim so that if I donate IE 100€ it would be divided amongst mods that I endorsed.

Or if I could set up monthly donation of IE 10€ and that would get divided among authors.

And for good measure I could also drop an endorsement for nexusmods.com so they also would get a split.

• 2 weeks later...

This was noticed on the Skyrim site, but probably applies to most, if not all.

Sometimes I go to a mod just to check if there is a newer version. Knowing that I cannot always believe the grey-texted version number listed at the end of the description on the files page, I have to request a download (manually, in my case) to see if the file name is different to what I have. Well and fine, IFF we both have 'all you can eat' bandwidth, as the download starts even before I get the 'save or cancel' popup. So, a suggestion for the next version: Save us both some money and have a way to check the actual file name prior to requesting a download. Perhaps a 'hover' over the 'download' button? It now shows something meaningless to the user anyway, maybe make it useful.

Just a thought,

Croc.

This was noticed on the Skyrim site, but probably applies to most, if not all.

Sometimes I go to a mod just to check if there is a newer version. Knowing that I cannot always believe the grey-texted version number listed at the end of the description on the files page, I have to request a download (manually, in my case) to see if the file name is different to what I have. Well and fine, IFF we both have 'all you can eat' bandwidth, as the download starts even before I get the 'save or cancel' popup. So, a suggestion for the next version: Save us both some money and have a way to check the actual file name prior to requesting a download. Perhaps a 'hover' over the 'download' button? It now shows something meaningless to the user anyway, maybe make it useful.

Just a thought,

Croc.

You make a fair point, though honestly the timestamp next to the version number is probably the most fool-proof way of ensuring that a file has been updated (as filenames can be redundant). Still, displaying the actual filename for each listing in the files tab in some fashion would indeed be handy. I'll see what we can do. Thank you for the suggestion!

SirSalami:

Thanks for replying, and for adding this to the list of 'mightdos' for the new rebuild.

Just a slight reinforcement... I have version 3.4 of the billboard files (optional files) and they are dated 15/06/2015...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51069/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D51069&pUp=1

There is no way that I can tell that I really have the latest files...

Maybe update this to the 'shoulddo' list?

Another 'new site' suggestion. (I am currently creating a new modded skyrim - So I am looking at the Skyrim site A LOT)

On the main page for a site, ie Skyrim, there is a search tab at the top. Type in some things, enter, and bingo. Your search results appear. There is also an advanced search, with several lines of search types and a 'submit' button at the bottom. 'Enter' is NOT a substitute for the 'Submit button. It should be. Given that you can only use ONE of the search lines, it should be kind of like a multiple choice version of the main page's search. Pick your line, type your query and 'enter'. I know, nit picking. But the amount of times I've done just that, then muttered 'bugger' when nothing happened...

While we are on the topic of searches... If you intend to re-create your search methodology, please ust the old AltaVista style of search, NOT Google's deprecated version. There is no way to use NOT under Google. The old AltaVista search tool had all operands available - ie, NOT, AND and OR as well as time/date and quoted phrases as 'exact match' AND you could use all functions in any query. I am sure that I have forgotten some functions as well, but suffice it to say that it was the most advanced text query I've seen to date.

Back to modding some more...

Will the Nexus consider hosting mods for Rome: Total War and Total Wars: Empire - Warhammer? The Creative Assembly actively support modding, releasing their own house tools and mods. I can't imagine a safer place for these mods than the Nexus, nor a better network for gamers to track and modders to update their work.

Will the Nexus consider hosting mods for Rome: Total War and Total Wars: Empire - Warhammer? The Creative Assembly actively support modding, releasing their own house tools and mods. I can't imagine a safer place for these mods than the Nexus, nor a better network for gamers to track and modders to update their work.

There is a place to request new games be added but i believe at least one mod. Is required to have it approved. Also we need the modders to be willing to upload here as well other wise the section will go mostly unused.