This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I'm having this issue where if I try to open NMM, it doesn't open. There's no pop-up or anything, it just doesn't open. I tried updating it, but I got a message saying the service was down, so I had to do it manually. I went through the whole install wizard process, but NMM still won't open up. I should also add that whenever I click the download using NMM button on a mod page, NMM also won't open then. How do I get it to open up so I can view, activate/deactivate, and install/uninstall mods?

I'm having this issue where if I try to open NMM, it doesn't open. There's no pop-up or anything, it just doesn't open. I tried updating it, but I got a message saying the service was down, so I had to do it manually. I went through the whole install wizard process, but NMM still won't open up. I should also add that whenever I click the download using NMM button on a mod page, NMM also won't open then. How do I get it to open up so I can view, activate/deactivate, and install/uninstall mods?

Notice the title of this thread - SITE feedback. For NMM issues you have to post in the corresponding part of the forums.

How do i close the account, i dont see any button, or setting in my settings to close the account,

or are you saying just logout and make a new one?

Post a request in the 'Account closure requests' topic (this is the official topic for such requests for traceability reasons).

Then we will close your account, which will release your registration e-mail address so you can use it again to re-register.

(Of course, you can use a different e-mail if you wish).

Hello KunoMochi,
Can you rename my user name to Gunter_Severloh, or is there another way to do that?

You have to close your account and make a new one

How do i close the account, i dont see any button, or setting in my settings to close the account,

or are you saying just logout and make a new one?

You submit a request to have your account Closed here: Account Closure Requests.

Then after the request is processed you can create a new account using the same email address.

Some time ago the whole site was rebuilt. I don't know it any backups were kept, or how easy they would be to access, but if it is not a total PITA... I posted an image that I have since lost to to brain failure. (I had a 'minor' meltdown when told of my cancer.) So if possible, could I get this image recovered and somehow sent to me?

http://static1.nexus...-1380321051.jpg

Whether yea or nay, I thank you anyway. (I specialize in doggerel and low-wit stuff....)

Croc

Some time ago the whole site was rebuilt. I don't know it any backups were kept, or how easy they would be to access, but if it is not a total PITA... I posted an image that I have since lost to to brain failure. (I had a 'minor' meltdown when told of my cancer.) So if possible, could I get this image recovered and somehow sent to me?

http://static1.nexus...-1380321051.jpg

Whether yea or nay, I thank you anyway. (I specialize in doggerel and low-wit stuff....)

Croc

I've sent you a PM with the image (hopefully it is the one you were looking for).

Not sure if it's actually a bug or what, but since a few days, nexusmods refreshes the pages I'm on constantly, lagging out my browser. When I have several tabs with mods open (as you do when looking for new stuff), it makes my browser reaaaalllly slow. Also, while the page is refreshing, I can only sometimes get a click to go through, which is annoying. It then stays for a couple of seconds, then reloads again.

Using Firefox on Win10 with a fairly powerful pc, also this is the only site I have this issue with. Ususally my browser can handle things like 20-30 open tabs, but something more than three nmm modpages and everything gets laggy. I also googled for this, but found nothing recent for Firefox. Any suggestions?

Edit: The problem does not exist with Safari on iOS, but that's hardly a solution. does no one know anything about this or has the same issue?

Edited by verity147

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but due do the troll problem a few users and I believe this site has a weak side, and that is that you can't prevent trolls from spamming one's content

Even though the report button makes wonders regarding troll posts, I experienced spamming troll posts in the past. And one can report them a million times and they will keep coming back a million times.

After this I also dont know if this has even been suggested before but perhaps a more effective "block user" feature would be in order, effectively preventing trolls to comment on one's content.

I tried it that time I mentioned, and apparently it only blocks me from seeing another user's content, doesnt stop the other user from harassing me, or anyone else for the matter.

I leave this only as a suggestion since a few of us believe it is annoying to not be able to protect oneself from such kind of harassment online. Not to mention that it is highly discouraging both to experienced modders and potential new modders as this kind of harassment and trolling situations have already proven to make the community poorer as some people just leaves and decides to never mod again.

For the most of it, there is a report button, I get it. But some people are just sick, and deleting their posts will only stop them temporarily.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but due do the troll problem a few users and I believe this site has a weak side, and that is that you can't prevent trolls from spamming one's content

Even though the report button makes wonders regarding troll posts, I experienced spamming troll posts in the past. And one can report them a million times and they will keep coming back a million times.

After this I also dont know if this has even been suggested before but perhaps a more effective "block user" feature would be in order, effectively preventing trolls to comment on one's content.

I tried it that time I mentioned, and apparently it only blocks me from seeing another user's content, doesnt stop the other user from harassing me, or anyone else for the matter.

I leave this only as a suggestion since a few of us believe it is annoying to not be able to protect oneself from such kind of harassment online. Not to mention that it is highly discouraging both to experienced modders and potential new modders as this kind of harassment and trolling situations have already proven to make the community poorer as some people just leaves and decides to never mod again.

For the most of it, there is a report button, I get it. But some people are just sick, and deleting their posts will only stop them temporarily.

Blocking someone from sending pms will definitely block them forever.