⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Is anyone else having isues logging into Vortex? I just downloaded today, and tried to sign in before work this morning, and I got the message "Login service is current unavilable. Please try again later." Did I do something wrong, or the app just not working?

Hello there to Nexus Mod manager website devs. This is my first time posting a question for help with the nexus mod manager website (if I'm in the right section of the forum). So recently, I did run into a slower loading on the nexus mod website (let's said that I wanted to download classic combat armor mod, then I would select that mod before downloading this mod, but by selecting this mod to read description does load slower than normal speed). I check my internet for any issues, but there is no issue on my internet. So I'm not sure if the nexus mod website is running into the issue of slower loading to the next page of the website or I could be wrong at my end there.

Please let me know if there is any question or comment about this message and I will do my best to answer as best as I can be.

Thank you

Hey, I appreciate the work being done, but gotta say I hope the new download page is temporary. When you're popping in and out of different downloads, redownloading, testing your own files, etc. etc. it can be annoying to have to wait for yet another page to load. Old one was faster.

I second this. I understand the download speed is slower for non-premium, I don't need to be reminded every time I download something like I was downloading from some crappy fileshare website.

Third this. Back before they do this, the site actually automatically seperate premium and free user download speed. I tried as premium and free user. It actually seperate the 2 types of bandwidth for users. The site dev just makes the less UI friendly with that extra steps for everyon to click. Since most users have been using Nexus since back when, it's been a smooth journey. Now you just make us do another click for no reason at all.

(Edit: I went ahead and edited my post a bit because I thought some of the things I said were a bit overboard. I just sorta got too fired up. However, bottom line is, I don't like the new extra download page thing and I want someone who has an important role in the maintenance or whatever of the Nexus sites to notice these complaints. To acknowledge them, so something can be done - whatever that may be. Also, I'm no expert on advertising, so what I say about it is probably more personal opinion than fact.)

I fourth this. I think it's time something was actually done about it. And I'm sure there are plenty of other users who wish to see something done about it, too.

Like DevelopmenthGB, I do really appreciate all the work that's been done in updating the Nexus sites and the continued maintenance that goes into them. However, this separate download page constantly appearing in order to download one single file can be downright frustrating. I understand the importance of the Nexus sites gaining money through things like the premium membership in order to maintain and improve the quality that they have. But do we really need to be constantly reminded about the premium membership in this way? There are already ads for it all about the website. For example, when you go into the files section there is a little message at the top - "Downloads for non-premium members are capped at 2MB/s. UPGRADE NOW". Every user still gets a reminder about the benefits of premium membership, and in ways that don't add more buffers to the main purpose of the Nexus sites: downloading files.

I know the reason why this extra download page has been added, and it's to advertise the premium membership. That in itself is understandable (as I mentioned before) and completely reasonable. However, the way it's being done is, on a personal level, actually deterring me from considering getting a premium membership because it's getting in the way of what I use the website for. I've even stopped downloading mods completely because it just becomes too tedious a task with all the different pages you have to go through now - especially when going through and updating all the mods every time the base game does. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are many others who are in the same or a similar situation as myself. Now, I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't actually want a premium membership at all; I'm fine without one. However, there could very well be users turned away from getting a premium membership because of the intrusive way in which it is advertised. I feel that this way of advertising it, may be having adverse effects to what was intended, and even stopping people, such as myself, from using the Nexus sites for their main purpose.

Subtlety is key when it comes to advertising things like this. Push it onto your customers too much and they'll run away. Let them come to you. I'm going to use door-to-door salesmen as an analogy here, despite the fact they're not so commonplace anymore. Door-to-door salesmen don't have the best reputation and don't often sell their products because their marketing tactic is intrusive. And no one wants their door blocked by a desperate businessman with a vacuum cleaner. Now, despite sending the door-to-door salesman away with his vacuum cleaner, you may actually have needed it. Once you realise that you do, you won't wait around for the salesman to come back to your door. No, you'll go to a home supplies store and buy one yourself. And right now, this extra download page is the door-to-door salesman. I know premium membership and vacuum cleaners aren't the same thing but the concept of the analogy still stands: let the customers come to you.

You could say I'm overreacting to a harmless little issue, and I probably am but this extra page thing is really getting on my nerves. I absolutely enjoy modding my games using Nexus. And I'm sure many, many others do as well. That's why the Nexus sites are so popular. That's why they've been able to evolve so much. And that's why I'm here writing this wall of text over a single page on the internet. Nexus and everyone involved in creating, maintaining and improving it, you have provided so many people with the means to improve their gaming experiences - and I thank you for that. So please, just get rid of the extra page. Find other ways to advertise the premium membership.

And it better not be a 6 second, unskippable ad.

(Apologies for the wall of text, I spaced it out and all, and I hope that helps make it more readable. Hopefully the length will give it some attention from the people who can do something about this).

Edited by BloodArc

Forgive my google translator english, on the page listing the files of all games hosted on nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/mods/), how do I ignore mods of some specific game and list the rest , for example, I want to see all mods on the site except the Skyrim mods, thanks.

The isn't possible at the moment. You can filter to show only mods from one game, but can't hide mods from specific games.

Hey dear nexusmods Support,

I've opened a ticket on the 21st of November (~ 1 week ago) regarding some tachnical API questions/bugreports and the official nexusmods integration in our application "JDownloader 2".

When can I expect an answer?[...]

Hi again,

sadly we haven't received any answer yet.

Our ticket is here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=view&id=145738

If anyone wants to respond you are free to do so.

I will not push this topic anymore I just hope that the E-Mail notifications will work once someone posts an answer in this ticket.

Thanks for your time!

Best regards,

pspzockerscene - Official JDownloader Support