⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hey dear nexusmods Support,

I've opened a ticket on the 21st of November (~ 1 week ago) regarding some tachnical API questions/bugreports and the official nexusmods integration in our application "JDownloader 2".

When can I expect an answer?[...]

Hi again,

sadly we haven't received any answer yet.

Our ticket is here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=view&id=145738

If anyone wants to respond you are free to do so.

I will not push this topic anymore I just hope that the E-Mail notifications will work once someone posts an answer in this ticket.

Thanks for your time!

Best regards,

pspzockerscene - Official JDownloader Support

Hey there,

It's probably best if you direct your enquiry to [email protected] so we can ensure it reaches the right members of the team :)

Okay I will do that tomorrow!

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction :smile:

Best regards,

pspzockerscene - Official JDownloader Support

EDIT

I just send that mail via my private gmail. I've included a proof that it is indeed me - and of course also this post.

Edited by JDownloaderAPI

That change that forces you to pick slow or fast download of every file downloaded is very frustrating, and that is putting it mildly.

I understand you might want to push more people to buy premium, but this not the way, please change it back to how it was for so many years. How could you even imagine it might work, by frustrating people until they give up? Not a fun way to persuade loyal users.

Thank you.

Edited by dreamer2008

That change that forces you to pick slow or fast download of every file downloaded is very frustrating, and that is putting it mildly.

I understand you might want to push more people to buy premium, but this not the way, please change it back to how it was for so many years. How could you even imagine it might work, by frustrating people until they give up? Not a fun way to persuade loyal users.

Thank you.

The slow and fast download - plus the timer - can be really annoying . . . but I don't think they're going to change it. It adds to the incentive to buy Premium like they want their members to, so making little obstacles that add up and eventually become really annoying might be part of the plan.

While that does suck, I just wanted to let you be aware of the news and that it probably won't be reverted back to how it used to. As one of the staff/supporters said: "well, it's there, and they have to make money somehow". I think that says enough.

The slow and fast download - plus the timer - can be really annoying . . . but I don't think they're going to change it. It adds to the incentive to buy Premium like they want their members to, so making little obstacles that add up and eventually become really annoying might be part of the plan.

While that does suck, I just wanted to let you be aware of the news and that it probably won't be reverted back to how it used to. As one of the staff/supporters said: "well, it's there, and they have to make money somehow". I think that says enough.

It's really too bad, I reinstalled Skyrim about two days ago, and I usually run A LOT of mods along with programs like DynDOLOD, and after about the 40th secondary page with a 5 second wait I just gave up. It is FAR too tedious to go through and download mods in bulk now, and in my opinion(as somebody who works and has very little free time) it has completely killed my enthusiasm to mod the game.

Whereas before I might have considered premium to support the site, I just really don't see any reason to now, as these changes have just turned me off modding the game in general. There isn't any reason.

I guess you could argue that back in the day with Morrowind and Oblivion you had to jump through the same hoops before the nexus was a thing, but that wouldn't be true because with Morrowind the modding scene wasn't too huge outside of a few BIG mods, and Oblivion was, and still is notoriously unstable for modding, especially on modern hardware. You only ever downloaded a few mods for those games to add on the base gameplay, and even then you'd get crashes like crazy(deadly reflex is a great example of this).

Oh well.

I guess my packrat tendencies have come to be a good thing ... every mod that that I have installed also resides on my 1TB Data drive in a subfolder of my OblivionFiles folder (along with those that may be included in any characters I might create in the future's load order).

Download once ... use forever.

I guess my packrat tendencies have come to be a good thing ... every mod that that I have installed also resides on my 1TB Data drive in a subfolder of my OblivionFiles folder (along with those that may be included in any characters I might create in the future's load order).

Download once ... use forever.

I could never understand why someone would go to the trouble to download a mod, install it in the game and make changes to the mod and not keep a copy of the original mod.

You can find posters everywhere here lamenting about a mod being hidden or removed by the author and the poster needs a copy.

I have my copies on a DVD-ROM.

Edited by M48A5

Just chiming in as well on the new slow/fast download speed choice is BS. This tactic makes nexus feel like one of those 3rd party shady download sites. It shouldn't even redirect to another page. There is no reason that it can't just be another popup layer like it was before. Its a cumbersome annoyance that only makes the user experience worse. There is now no way in hell I will ever upgrade to premium.

Edited by Thaurane

So, I have a question regarding image upload rules on the Nexus. Hopefully this is the right section.

So, I uploaded a picture of a female character in skimpy armor, tho no nipples or vagina was showing, since she was wearing a bikini armor. I marked the picture as adult only, but it got removed and I got a warning message. Meanwhile I see tons of skimpy armor mods on this site with pictures of bikini armor or barely anything on, and strangely these pictures don't get removed...

Here an example: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31573 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/images/61651

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31826 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31898

So, how exactly is this any different from my picture, which was marked as adult only? Why was my pic removed, while tons of other almost naked and naked pics on mod descriptions or posted by users are ok?

Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to understand the rules here.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Oozaru85