This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hello, i'd just to say what haven this site is for people who are big into Oblivion and also like a certain level of manners and sense when discussing it. I haven't experienced it everywhere and that's what i'm hoping to ask - is it ok to talk smack about other Oblivion forums or discuss our negative experiences with them on here?

Thank you!

Burb.

Hello, i'd just to say what haven this site is for people who are big into Oblivion and also like a certain level of manners and sense when discussing it.
Thanks. We like our members to use their manners and common sense as well.

I haven't experienced it everywhere and that's what i'm hoping to ask - is it ok to talk smack about other Oblivion forums or discuss our negative experiences with them on here?
No.

LHammonds

Hello, i'd just to say what haven this site is for people who are big into Oblivion and also like a certain level of manners and sense when discussing it.
Thanks. We like our members to use their manners and common sense as well.

I haven't experienced it everywhere and that's what i'm hoping to ask - is it ok to talk smack about other Oblivion forums or discuss our negative experiences with them on here?
No.

LHammonds

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while. Love the Nexus sites, first off. Been a mod-player for a while, since Morrowind's early modding days. Not a modder myself, but I enjoy immensely watching a single game evolve, with participation in that evolution by modders and folks like myself. Morrowind is still evolving. Angband, an Archetype of what we see here, using the same evolution techniques, that is, by players and by coders/modders, is still evolving...arguably since 1984. Think about how long that is. 25 years. Imagine what Fallout 3 or Oblivion will look like after evolving for a quarter century. It takes players and modders both...

And a good forum. Thanks, to all who make Nexus, you're essential to it all.

One thing I would like to see, and it's quite minor.

A link to TESNexus from Fallout3Nexus. You got one from there to here, but not vice-versa.

Regarding the previous exchange between burb and LH. It is quite refreshing to see maturity displayed in an online forum. Heavy moderation and membership is key. Just try to read the comments from a random sample of 10 y**t*be videos. See if you can read them all without developing an eye tic.

Moderation is part of it but a small part. Having a usable/functional site with so many features and a large community of friendly people is what drew me into the community (where none has done so before).

The TES group of people are by far the friendliest bunch of online folks I've had the good fortune of running into. Not only that, there are quite a few talented people willing to share their knowledge with pesky newbs like myself who was once interested in modding but hadn't a clue what to do or where to go.

Quite honestly, if this was a hostile environment before I arrived, I would not have stayed long...and most certainly would not have tried to stick around to push a ball uphill against an ungrateful community. It was quite the opposite experience. The community was so helpful and talented as a whole (including those who did not mod) that I felt the need to do something to give back to a community I felt a great deal of debt. The rest is history.

LHammonds

• 2 months later...

Hi and thanks for the incredible site.

I will like to see date with the files itself. I check for updates and I go to section uploaded today, but when I check the description or the file, nothing was changed. Same file was there one day, two days ago and is very confusing what to download and what I already have, because is no indicator if the file is the newest, and if is it I like to see a mark or date or a note, anything. Some updates I do follow from last week and they appear on updated today list daily. Then I'm downloading the file over and over again. And eating your bandwidth. Just my two cents.

Thanks again, Jan