Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

I emailed a couple ideas that i thought would be very popular and make people want to become a "backer" but I will post them here to see reactions.

A mod manager app

View and add to a download que ( with backer status you could automaticly download mods to your default pc)

A dowload que - i dont know about anyone else but when im away from home the only way to save mods i want to download is to add them to tracking.

Automatic activation after download

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43224730. #43229715, #43231195, #43231225, #43234520, #43237900, #43238095, #43248580, #43248780, #43256345, #43256845, #43258870, #43261500, #43262515, #43262825, #43264055, #43264355, #43265250 are all replies on the same post.

fgambler wrote: What will be the name of the new app? NMO (Nexus Mod Organizer)? :D
Tannin42 wrote: Suggestions are welcome... :D
GuardianAngel42 wrote: NNMM: New Nexus Mod Manager.
renthal311 wrote: hahaha Fgambler, I'm with tears in his eyes :D :D
pStyl3 wrote: NexMO = Nexus Mod Organizer
HadToRegister wrote: I like what someone previously suggested but without the 'x'

NeMO = Nexus Mod Organizer
Thallassa wrote: I think NeMO is the best one I've heard, but I'm still partial to "NOMM" (not quite sure how that acronym works out but it's cute).
fgambler wrote: NeMO kinda sounds nice but not so serious, it's a name either attached to a fish or a nintendo 8-bit game :P
HadToRegister wrote: I was thinking of a famous Submarine Captain from a book by Jules Verne ;)
FreeWare wrote: How about NMM v2.0? Or 1.0 could work too. The name doesn't really need to change, it's already as good as it can be.
spartanops101 wrote: NMUMMMO - Nexus Mod's Ultimate Mod Manager and Mod Organiser
}{ellKnight wrote: Voting for NeMO.

Optionally include images of sushi.
Warsadle wrote: NMO = Nexus Mod Organiser is a straight foreword combination of the names, okay.

NNMM = New Nexus Mod Manager, too many repeated letters in the acronym to be used as a short hand name.

NexMO = Nexus Mod Organiser, good name and it rolls of the tong easy.

NeMO = Nexus Mod Organiser, also a good name, and the acronym is good.

NOMM = Up to readers interpretation of how the acronym works, mine would be
Nexus Organising Mod Manager, funny name though!

What I would use?

Mod Library Organiser (MLO (pronunciation: EM-Low))
hex77x wrote: Gaming Extras Tool Designed As Totally Awesome Stuff Stuffer.
KeltecRFB wrote: I like NOMM, NexMO, NMO, or NEXT (no acronym, simply means the NEXT Nexus Mod Manager).
northtreker wrote: Nemo could also reference Ulysses (Odysseus) calling himself Nemo - nobody (Outis) to fool the cyclops and show that the Gods had looked away from him in the Illiad.

It sounds like this new organizer has gone on a long journey to come home.
pedantic wrote: MOLE - Mod organiser legendary edition.

Edit: Avogadro Number, anyone? Not to mention burrowing :D
chrislm wrote: NUMM: Nexus Ultimate Mod Manager

pedantic

Edit: Avogadro Number, anyone? Not to mention burrowing

Not to be confused with Avocado's Number which shows the number of atoms in a guacamole

In response to post #43224730. #43229715, #43231195, #43231225, #43234520, #43237900, #43238095, #43248580, #43248780, #43256345, #43256845, #43258870, #43261500, #43262515, #43262825, #43264055, #43264355, #43265250, #43265975 are all replies on the same post.

fgambler wrote: What will be the name of the new app? NMO (Nexus Mod Organizer)? :D
HadToRegister wrote: I like what someone previously suggested but without the 'x'

Thallassa wrote: I think NeMO is the best one I've heard, but I'm still partial to "NOMM" (not quite sure how that acronym works out but it's cute).
fgambler wrote: NeMO kinda sounds nice but not so serious, it's a name either attached to a fish or a nintendo 8-bit game :P
HadToRegister wrote: I was thinking of a famous Submarine Captain from a book by Jules Verne ;)
FreeWare wrote: How about NMM v2.0? Or 1.0 could work too. The name doesn't really need to change, it's already as good as it can be.
spartanops101 wrote: NMUMMMO - Nexus Mod's Ultimate Mod Manager and Mod Organiser

Warsadle wrote: NMO = Nexus Mod Organiser is a straight foreword combination of the names, okay.

NNMM = New Nexus Mod Manager, too many repeated letters in the acronym to be used as a short hand name.

What I would use?

KeltecRFB wrote: I like NOMM, NexMO, NMO, or NEXT (no acronym, simply means the NEXT Nexus Mod Manager).
northtreker wrote: Nemo could also reference Ulysses (Odysseus) calling himself Nemo - nobody (Outis) to fool the cyclops and show that the Gods had looked away from him in the Illiad.

HadToRegister wrote:

pedantic

Not to be confused with Avocado's Number which shows the number of atoms in a guacamole

@HadToRegister

Lol - yeah. I was simply referring to the " chemistry " of the thing, plus a HUGE number! All encompassing. :D Edited by pedantic

Suggestion

A SEARCHABLE PLUGIN list, like the Searchable MOD list in NMM, but also for the plugins, because sometimes you're looking to see if a certain mod is activated or deactivated in your plugin list, and you over look it a dozen times before you finally 'see' it.

The search function being like the way it was implemented in NMM, you put in "P" and all the plugins with "P" in the title are highlighted, the add "L", now mods only with "PL" are highlighted, then "A", now the search is getting more and more refined and now only mods like "PLACE EVERYWHERE" etc ae highlighted etc..

Sorry for the boring explanation but I don't know what that search method is termed as

Also, the Mod Manager keeping ONE NAME for the Mo9d Package AND the MOD itself.

To avoid things like this, the mod package being downloaded as "Main - 0288261.7z", while the mod.ESP/ESM is named "Seven OP Guns.esp"

Edited by HadToRegister

If this doesn't end up having MO's virtual file system(Not a butchered, broken version, the exact vfs that MO has) then this will go unused by me no matter how many bells and whistles you strap to it.

Might be fine for a good chunk of people, and that's ok, but it won't be for me. I'd honestly rather stick to an alpha version of Mod Organizer than use a mod manager without that VFS again, it was just too good of a feature to go back to not using.

Yes I'm aware my opinion isn't worth the dirt on most people's boots but I'm sharing it either way, just to get it out there into the void.

I wish you all the best regardless, hope it turns out well.

Edited by OnyxSix

In response to post #43224730. #43229715, #43231195, #43231225, #43234520, #43237900, #43238095, #43248580, #43248780, #43256345, #43256845, #43258870, #43261500, #43262515, #43262825, #43264055, #43264355, #43265250, #43265975, #43266150 are all replies on the same post.

What I would use?

HadToRegister wrote:

pedantic

pedantic wrote: @HadToRegister

Lol - yeah. I was simply referring to the " chemistry " of the thing, plus a HUGE number! All encompassing. :D

I'm Digging NeMO and NEXMO Edited by KensaiTonada

This article was well written and I got the impression the Nexus team has matured very much since it formed and I started using it over a decade ago.

I'm excited where things are going thus far and look forward to the future of the Nexus. Keep it up everyone! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

In response to post #43224730. #43229715, #43231195, #43231225, #43234520, #43237900, #43238095, #43248580, #43248780, #43256345, #43256845, #43258870, #43261500, #43262515, #43262825, #43264055, #43264355, #43265250, #43265975, #43266150, #43268550 are all replies on the same post.

What I would use?

HadToRegister wrote:

pedantic

pedantic wrote: @HadToRegister

Lol - yeah. I was simply referring to the " chemistry " of the thing, plus a HUGE number! All encompassing. :D
KensaiTonada wrote: I'm Digging NeMO and NEXMO

Nexus Mod Organizer seems fitting, and it can be read like "en-moe" when abbreviated to NMO, which I think is pretty snazzy