Upcoming features and interviews

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43555830.

SparrowPrince wrote: Hi BlindJudge,

I would honestly recommend interviews with lesser-known mod authors and software developers. There are lots of mods on the Nexus that don't get much attention, but they have had lots and lots of effort gone into them. It's easy to just pick out mod authors from the top 100 and have them iterate how good they are, but I'd like you to search around and give attention to the other end of the spectrum.

Alenet (for example) is not as well known around Skyrim as he was with Oblivion these days. I'd like to see some 'blasts from the past' as well now I mention it.

If anyone here has any suggestions, it would be interesting to look them up and have a look at their work!

trur there are somany great mods that are hidden because they got overshadowed. I think I may create a "hidden gems" thread to try to get people to see these mods.

In response to post #43554125.

starfis wrote: Chesko, Arthmoor, Kryptopyr, missjennabee, EnaiSiaion, Gopher, SkyUI team, SKSE team, Gamwich, Cabal, kristakahashi, chucksteel, Dogtooth, Trainwiz, mannygt, Brumbek, zzjay, Millenia and many more. Generally authors of the past and future files of the month sound like a good idea to me. Maybe Nexus could also reach the willing original developers?

you could add fore, tonycubed2, tx12001, Sharlikran, 83Willow,meh321, mm137 on and on... :)
Edited by badkrma

In response to post #43547550. #43553880 is also a reply to the same post.

fredlaus wrote: Hi, Judge. Thanks for the invitation.
This seems like you are less productive on regarding what you do, your perspectives, visions and you know I guess.
I am talking about the entire staff.
You have become some blubb that doesn't dare do anything without asking if it is OK with everyone?
I really look forward to some bravery in the nearest future.
This is boring.
BlindJudge wrote: It's more the fact that we are very community orientated, this site is here for our users and we want to do right by them. Unlike larger sites that are run by their overseeing corporations, we are a tiny independent team who are here to build a site that you all enjoy to come to.

We already have a number of features and interviews lined up, but with a community this big, we really want to produce content that is going to have the largest interest and asking for peoples opinion really isn't less productive - but actually the opposite.

My english is not good enough to debate with you. All my time in advertising I have had discussions with customers excusing their defensive strategies. Why, they wouldn't cause problems or stir up their markets too much. Maybe they even had to answer questions on the News - on the television even.
But I wish you all the best with whatever you do. If you are not heroes, why are we even here?

Heroes and champions, eh? There is plenty of that in the actual games and mods that stir the imagination and creativity encouraging others to be their own hero... or villain. Advertising is usually geared toward presentation with an action-oriented response. In the case of the Nexus, my view is they provide the tools and community to foster gaming in all its forms and the desired "buy-in" is community involvement of some sort that results in unique content and art (discourse at the least). I am not understanding how this is any type of defensive strategy. Does Nexus have a bad image to combat? I do not believe it does. How do you envision Nexus becoming the hero and champion and of what? I view this community as artistic and creative on the whole with technical bents to be sure, but I unaware of anything I really want to represent other than the art and enjoyment. Maybe its naive or shortsighted of me, but its the art and enjoyment that are driving me to build some of my ideas into reality, here.

On the simple side, this news release, forum, and the last few have been about the future and site redesign. Maybe there will be some hot "news" articles that mimic nightly news somewhat... if that is what some of the demographic wants, then no reason why a redesigned and more active news section can't have some of the conflict oriented news or, even, tabloid styled maybe. Does debate style discourse fit the overall subject, here - Gaming?

I am glad you are here, Fred. Always nice to hear from people in the industry that still enjoy having facets of media/entertainment as hobbies, too. Please give me some specifics to think about and why are you here and what keeps you coming back? You damn sure have the Socratic Method down! I am hearing you say something like, "I want something cutting edge... this is boring." I do not disagree that I want cutting edge, as well, in the form of gaming with the site's media vehicle providing many avenues to wander down in exploration. I could definitely get into a Virtual Reality (VR) series on where the technology is at and where it might be going. Do we have any VR mods here, yet? Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Minecraft are all capable of VR... that's cutting edge to me.

In response to post #43555830. #43557210 is also a reply to the same post.

I would honestly recommend interviews with lesser-known mod authors and software developers. There are lots of mods on the Nexus that don't get much attention, but they have had lots and lots of effort gone into them. It's easy to just pick out mod authors from the top 100 and have them iterate how good they are, but I'd like you to search around and give attention to the other end of the spectrum.

Alenet (for example) is not as well known around Skyrim as he was with Oblivion these days. I'd like to see some 'blasts from the past' as well now I mention it.

If anyone here has any suggestions, it would be interesting to look them up and have a look at their work!
ZZZ02 wrote: trur there are somany great mods that are hidden because they got overshadowed. I think I may create a "hidden gems" thread to try to get people to see these mods.

I just took a quick look through my fallout 4 mod list and came up with these 3 authors, all who've made mods I wouldn't play without, such as CDante , kinggath and Karmacoin

In response to post #43555830. #43557210, #43557440 are all replies on the same post.

ZZZ02 wrote: trur there are somany great mods that are hidden because they got overshadowed. I think I may create a "hidden gems" thread to try to get people to see these mods.
Rebel47 wrote: I just took a quick look through my fallout 4 mod list and came up with these 3 authors, all who've made mods I wouldn't play without, such as CDante , kinggath and Karmacoin

I second this post think of the small guys

In response to post #43555350.

BlueGunk wrote: I agree with the legends already mentioned here! Might I also suggest Emma, and the story of her Vilja mod who has been a trusty companion for many of us mod users over the years.

I'd also like to hear from some of the voice artists, like Anna Castiglioni, and Maggie (who voiced Rigmor). They put a lot into our lives and it would be good to see them highlighted, too.

[i'd also like to hear from some of the voice artists, like Anna Castiglioni, and Maggie (who voiced Rigmor).]

This, this and this again. There are a lot of voice actors out there that have contributed so much and have really been the difference in making a mod that excels rather then it just being a good mod.

Please no more interviews with the 'more well known' modders, the same names over and over gets really, really boring. This community is actually made up of more then 10 modders believe it or not. Can you not expand and focus on other lesser known modders, who actually produce just as good works but never get a chance at the limelight. There are a ton of them out there slogging away producing works of art and never getting recognized.

Just in case anyone thinks I am touting myself, no I am not looking for an interview here. Edited by Guest

In response to post #43555350. #43557595 is also a reply to the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: I agree with the legends already mentioned here! Might I also suggest Emma, and the story of her Vilja mod who has been a trusty companion for many of us mod users over the years.

I'd also like to hear from some of the voice artists, like Anna Castiglioni, and Maggie (who voiced Rigmor). They put a lot into our lives and it would be good to see them highlighted, too.

Shezrie wrote: [i'd also like to hear from some of the voice artists, like Anna Castiglioni, and Maggie (who voiced Rigmor).]

This, this and this again. There are a lot of voice actors out there that have contributed so much and have really been the difference in making a mod that excels rather then it just being a good mod.

Please no more interviews with the 'more well known' modders, the same names over and over gets really, really boring. This community is actually made up of more then 10 modders believe it or not. Can you not expand and focus on other lesser known modders, who actually produce just as good works but never get a chance at the limelight. There are a ton of them out there slogging away producing works of art and never getting recognized.

Just in case anyone thinks I am touting myself, no I am not looking for an interview here.

Yes! I'd love to hear from all of them as well! I'd especially love to hear about Emma and how Vilja came to be.