⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SKSE

Lodbrok

Just got this from the Silverlock repository: "Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016"

That seems very familiar. Probably because I wrote it. :D

There is more up-to-date information in this thread. Including an expected update on where we are early next week.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this from the Silverlock repository: "Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016"

That seems very familiar. Probably because I wrote it. :D

There is more up-to-date information in this thread. Including an expected update on where we are early next week.

LOL :) so familiar

Yet there will be at least that one person complaining they are taking too long. Guaranteed.

There always is, its like that everywhere, every game, every product, every thing.

Simple Truth in life: You can't please everyone.

The absolute truth of that is positively irrefutable, lol. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Kinda like doing conversions and updates... you can do it good, fast, and cheap (read easy), but you can't have all three... pick two!

And my response to those people are always "well join the team and help".

Also, coding takes a long freaking time, even when you know exactly what you're doing. There's a lot of "thinking on the go" and you run into situations that need solutions and that can slow the process more.

Edited by Lisselli

Great to see you guys are working on it. God bless the hippos and all water creatures. PS: I hope one day there is gonna be a movie about SKSE. It always has been sort of an interest of mine to see how this works and the only thing my mind comes up with is that it must be somehow similar to Cheat Engine. Would that be about correct?

Edited by Jonas801

Yes. You can use SkyUI 2.2 and you can edit the .swf-files (bartermenu.swf, containermenu.swf, inventorymenu.swf, magicmenu.swf) with a flash decompiler (e.g. JPEXS free) to get rid of the SKSE missing warning. Also you can remove the search boxes. Search for "SkyUI quick and dirty way to remove skse warning" on google pointing to a post on reddit. I can confirm it works and no problems so far.

SkyUI 2.2 is a big help with esthetics - but MCM is the big component whose lack is blocking a lot of mods.

No help for that until SKSE64 is done and the current SkyUI updated.

MCM started life an an independent mod for Fallout NV done by Pelinor.

I sort of wish it had stayed that way rather than incorporated in SkiUI.

SkyUI 2.2 is a big help with esthetics - but MCM is the big component whose lack is blocking a lot of mods.

No help for that until SKSE64 is done and the current SkyUI updated.

MCM started life an an independent mod for Fallout NV done by Pelinor.

I sort of wish it had stayed that way rather than incorporated in SkiUI.

I am missing SKSE and MCM, too. :(