SKSE

Lodbrok

I had a brief look at a github repository from someone who recompiled (?) SKSE to 64 bit, there is a hell of a lot of code in there. I guess a lot of it is related to papyrus which supposedly hasn't changed much but yeah seeing that made me shudder. They did get it to show the version number in game by commenting out every function.

Apparently, that guy was asked to remove the files. I saw a post about that on Reddit.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a brief look at a github repository from someone who recompiled (?) SKSE to 64 bit, there is a hell of a lot of code in there. I guess a lot of it is related to papyrus which supposedly hasn't changed much but yeah seeing that made me shudder. They did get it to show the version number in game by commenting out every function.

Apparently, that guy was asked to remove the files. I saw a post about that on Reddit.

Well behippo explained already - unless one proves they want to actually help and take part in the script extender process for years to come, one should just step aside. There's no point in having a bunch of unofficial fork.

Well behippo explained already - unless one proves they want to actually help and take part in the script extender process for years to come, one should just step aside. There's no point in having a bunch of unofficial fork.

Yes, he did. Agreed on that.

Good evening yall

First, I big thank you to the SKSE team for all their hard work to produce SKSE and for working to get the Special Edtion SE up and runing (would that be SKSESE? lol).

Second. I m glad they are taking their time to do it right.

Also glad they keep real life first.

Was that the person going by the name Chung-something on Github? The files there haven't been touched by the seems since October.

Was that the person going by the name Chung-something on Github? The files there haven't been touched by the seems since October.

wait what? so someone uploaded a fake 64bit version of SKSE? (or not so much working version) then was asked to remove it?

It wasn't "fake". They were actually working on a psuedo SKSE64. Just enough functionality for some functions to work. They didn't know though until one of the team members told them.. they they were violating something involving SKSE, so he took it down.

Personally I wondered why he didn't just join the team and help.

It wasn't "fake". They were actually working on a psuedo SKSE64. Just enough functionality for some functions to work. They didn't know though until one of the team members told them.. they they were violating something involving SKSE, so he took it down.

Personally I wondered why he didn't just join the team and help.

It had more than just a bit of functionality. But, I agree that he should have just joined the team.

Okay - here is an update for you all. I posted this info on the old BGS forums yesterday as well. As of last night we have the general Papyrus script extending working. I have a test spell that collects info off of a Weapon form (damage, stagger, weight, value from Weapon.psc, Name from Form.psc, Keyword info from Keyword.psc) and displays it. The TESObjectWEAP class is fully decoded, and with the exception of the SoundDescriptor class, all of the component forms that are used by weapons are also decoded. I expect most of the Weapon.psc functions to just work at this point, but I haven't verified them.

The weapon itself is found by looking it up internally by ID, and the dynamic casting code to get it to the correct form is also being used. These are important, foundational pieces of SKSE64. Additionally, many classes leverage the form components used by Weapons, so they will be decoded faster. This early work is like an accelerator for later work.

That being said, there is a ton of work left. We have many, many classes left to decode and verify. As each one is done I'll bring over the corresponding papyrus functions. We haven't looked at Inventory code yet (always tricky.) We haven't looked at Magic and Active Effects (big). We haven't looked at Input code (changed for x64). We haven't looked at Events. We haven't looked at Scaleform yet for SkyUI/MCM.

The long Thanksgiving weekend is approaching in the US, and I will be spending a lot of time deep in the porting process. I'll have some form of semi-official statement on where things stand (with perhaps a demo video) early next week (Monday or Tuesday I expect.)

Edited by behippo