SKSE

Lodbrok

Alright - here is a smaller update than I was planning. A good deal more progress has been made. Since my last update I have done a first pass decoding of Spells, Magic Effects, References (TESObjectREFR, Actor, PlayerCharacter), ExtraData and the Inventory. I have successfully tested functions walking over the player's spells and printing out information about them. I have tested getting and setting various values on the Weapon class. I have decoded new information about Light objects (found while investigating magic effects.)

Some of the corresponding papyrus functions do not work right out of the box and will need investigating. Some examples: Spell.GetMagickaCost() doesn't seem to be returning the expected value; Actor.SheatheWeapon() doesn't seem to be working. The first is likely a decoding error or scripting error on my part (or the costs really are that low). The second error calls directly into a virtual function on the Actor class which may mean the virtual table layout changed which will take more investigation. None of the Inventory code has been tested yet.

So I didn't make enough progress to have a good enough set of interesting functions to do a demo video. I will work on that and hopefully will be at a point sometime next week. Brendan has been making progress on our plugin code and we may be able to show off a plugin in the video if the timing works out.

No matter where things stand I'll do another update early next week.

Awesome! Love it! Can't wait :laugh:

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright - here is a smaller update than I was planning. A good deal more progress has been made.

Thank you for all your hard work, behippo. I hope you had a good Turkey Day.

behippo !!! so many thanks for you and what you team of modders are donig for us simple users :yes: :yes:

A short question,,, been reading around about SKYUI ported or not..., is that something that can be included in SSKE or is it just to much work ???, I know you probably are streched to the max but that question just keeps popping up in my mid.

Is that something that can be implemented in SSKE ???,..sorry if I have missed any previous answers about that but it is a lot of posts made in his topic

Keep up your good work with giving us simple users an awsome and missed fetaure

Edited by thfswe

SkyUI will be ported when the SKSE team is done getting all the decoding down and functions working properly. The fear that SkyUI 5 isn't coming over was squashed. Just sit tight and be patient.

Thank you for the answer Liselli !!!

It is nice to know that our future adventures in SSE is secured by wonderful and dedicated people.

Team effort or not you got my bows and hails for your efforts !!!!

I was flipping through the pages And saw nothing on this so Ill ask the question

Is there going to be a port for console users, because I would love to see some of the mods I used on my broken pc to be available on console(Mostly because I cant get a pc at the moment.. life sucks) any news on that or am I just asking stupid questions.

so no skyUI for consoles :C

Not with full SKSE64 support, no. But in theory a reduced set (like the 2.2 patches folks are using) without SKSE could be done. Getting on the console may require loading onto Beth.net which the original developers would have to do. So it is unlikely to happen.