SKSE

Lodbrok

Soo.. SKSE64 = Creation Club. $$$

Uhm, at the risk of getting a lot of hate directed at me... I'd actually favor that so that I can get some compensation sent the Silverlock team's way.

(Quickly puts on flame-retardant suit....)

Except that's not going to happen. They can't even accept donations.

Edited by Ethreon

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's kinda obvious that the SKSE team held off for the Creation Club and I am happy for them...They deserve to be funded for paid content in Skyrim. I will drop $100's of dollars for their work. I just want SKSE for SSE!

They way how I understand it, they are not allowed to take money because of their normal jobs (legal problems). So it will be not very likely that they will join the Creation Club. That's also why you can't donate to them.

So it's kinda obvious that the SKSE team held off for the Creation Club and I am happy for them...They deserve to be funded for paid content in Skyrim. I will drop $100's of dollars for their work. I just want SKSE for SSE!

I am afraid, I have to wake you up out of this dream. Bethesda don't want SKSE. They did their best to make it unavailable.

SKSE makes things possible which they tried to avoid. It also is a slap in the face of Bethesda about their skills.

I even think when FO5 and/or TES6 comes out creation kit won't be for free any more, or at least you have to subscribe to them and all you try to make with the CK will automatic saved at, and controlled by Bethesda.

I am afraid, I have to wake you up out of this dream. Bethesda don't want SKSE. They did their best to make it unavailable.

SKSE makes things possible which they tried to avoid. It also is a slap in the face of Bethesda about their skills.

I even think when FO5 and/or TES6 comes out creation kit won't be for free any more, or at least you have to subscribe to them and all you try to make with the CK will automatic saved at, and controlled by Bethesda.

Total bullshit

They way how I understand it, they are not allowed to take money because of their normal jobs (legal problems). So it will be not very likely that they will join the Creation Club. That's also why you can't donate to them.

Ah, I should have realized that. Too bad though.

In theory, it is just a recompile on a 64 bit compiler - but theory is often an educated guess, and RL is often completely different? I wonder what happened to slam the brakes on this effort? Being a high level language, I would've expected memory management to be under the hood, for example. It should have been transparent to SKSE, but maybe Skyrim memory management issues are the reason why Skyrim SE took so long to come out.

Apparently it is not so simple to port, or it would have been done already. I know this is just a benign form of trolling, but anyone care to speculate on what kinds of technical roadblocks they could have run into?