[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

Done everything I've read and no more the better, today though. I found a post somewhere that bethesda suggests turning off the Xbox DVR on Win10, through the app on my pc I went to settings and turned it off. FPS isn't 100% as to where I would prefer it, but it has improved to the point to where I can stand to play it. I also have the game in medium setting, but in the settings in-game I have kicked up to max.

Still have an issue with low FPS but again, it's now it's endurable enough to play.

EDIT: So I turned off V sync on both skyrimPREF and on Nvidia, no more lag. What does v. synce do anyway?

Edited by Caideus1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Love and care fix this stupid broken dumbass game
I hate how Bethesda don't give a s#*! about these bad frame drop bug and leave it to community to fix for them mean while they are trying to milk all players with Creation Club
They are living on us, sucking our blood and soul

Thank you so much for this tutorial, this totally help me a lot
I realize Skyrim SE have poor graphic choice which will drop your fps no matter what
With TXAA and MSAA you can use through NVIDIA not Skyrim SE launcher to avoid more lag

What does v. synce do anyway?

Vsync matches your fps to your monitor's refresh rate.

Skyrim's physic engine bugs out when your fps is too high. And not just small glitches, either. Sometimes a mammoth could be seen flying across the plain.

Edited by yian

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, interesting :smile:.. will have to give it a shot, thank you !

I coulda sworn one of my fave things about SSE was the fact that it ran at ~55-60fps, after a long break from playing it I noticed it was dipping below 30fps the other day hehe, made no sense...

The only thing that has changed in the last 6 months is I have swapped the gfx card for another... but it's exactly the same card pretty much, maybe slightly defective since it was driving m8 around the bend crashing his win10 install 2 or 3 times a day, has been running like a champ for every other game in my win7 build though, no crashes for either of us so far after the swap :smile:

Upping the voltage etc has gotten it up to a more respectable 35-40fps in SSE (with increased noise from the 3 fans hehe), but even then it just feels wrong, again I remember near solid 60 .

Well butter my toast. I have a R9 390 8gb graphic card. I have had issues with stuttering and either low fps, high fps or a bit of both. I believe I had tried all the fixes that are suitable for amd cards. So I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and all is good now. A steady mid 50`s fps with smooth game play. No issues starting or playing Skyrim se in windows 10 either. Game even loads quicker. So that was my fix for fps and stuttering issues. Just wondering with these so called windows 7 up dates that you seem to urgently need if micro soft is not making windows 7 redundant by stealth.

Could be updates I guess, definitely wouldn't put anything beyond the shallow and greedy shell of a company that is all that remains of M$ these days :sad:

With the silly combined monthly updates and lack of any real info we get now it will be harder than ever to fix even if someone does figure out exactly which part has changed though, maybe... Last monthly one broke my custom dark UI that I have been using without issue for the last 5 years or so hehe, thankfully rolling it back worked ok, not sure what will happen if I miss a months worth of updates though ? I see no option left to install them one by one to find the culprit, yay progress.

Edit: ah, they do still have the standalone packages, yay... just have to hunt for them individually now I guess (package info for the manual d/l includes all the numbers), and the first update I checked is about "fixing" UI elements in windows, lol, that was lucky :smile:

OK, maybe it's not all doom and gloom for updates, just more of a pain than ever to find out what you are installing hehe.

Edited by spookymunky