[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

Nope! cranking up the power in MSI Afterburner did'nt seem to make any difference.

But as said, trying to enable Vsync or Triple buffer of any kind thru the driver profile or Radeon Pro is a no-no. At least for me :sad:

Edited by goranpaa

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you try to install SSE on a computer that does not currently have the LE installed on it? I have found that having both installed on a computer....ANY computer...seems to cause each to perform at a less than optimal level.

Many will dismiss this suggestion, but it doesn't hurt to test it, provided you have another computer to do so.

Hmm, so how would this happend? Is it thru a messed up registry or some kind of leak between the 2 versions? I'm not at all dismissing this. But I'm curious about how that could happend?

Unfortunatly, I just have one computer at hand.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by goranpaa

Aha! I found out that why the trick with disableing the Vsync in the ini file + the other settings did not work for me! This, was because I needed to start a fresh character. Now, I have around 62 - 71 fps average outside and 90 average inside. :D This with the fps slider in the AMD driver, SSE profile set to 90.

Hurrah! :)

You may want to limit FPS to 60 for reasons. Something something something HAVOC system.

Regarding my previous post, I couldn't even begin to explain why. My only supposition at this time is that some of the software on certain machines may not recognize them as two separate games with two separate sets of minimum requirements and two completely different .ini folders.

All I know is after installing SE, my LE was suddenly plagued by stuttering, low FPS, z-fighting, and input lag, all of which completely disappeared after uninstalling SE. That's purely anecdotal, though, and I'm not keen to duplicate the issue for confirmation.

NCRForever, Use RivaTuner thats what i use, flawless at capping the frames of any game, never failed to do its job once.

No need to request for such an ABSURD! and BLASPHEMOUS! mod....

RivaTuner...

O.o

RivaTuner. I haven't heard of that in ages. Last time I used it was.... Hmmm.... I can't even remember. Maybe 5, 6 years ago. Is it even made anymore?

You may want to limit FPS to 60 for reasons. Something something something HAVOC system.

Regarding my previous post, I couldn't even begin to explain why. My only supposition at this time is that some of the software on certain machines may not recognize them as two separate games with two separate sets of minimum requirements and two completely different .ini folders.

All I know is after installing SE, my LE was suddenly plagued by stuttering, low FPS, z-fighting, and input lag, all of which completely disappeared after uninstalling SE. That's purely anecdotal, though, and I'm not keen to duplicate the issue for confirmation.

Well, I see no problem in uninstalling LE, as I have the SE now. So I will give your tip a try. Besides the old Skyrim was as you said plagued by Z fighting ( wich I was able to cure to 95% ) and then the input lag you did meansion Irrrk! My copy also suffered from crawling, white textures at the edges of bright objects as an icing of the cake. :sad:. This, I was never able to find a cure for. Luckily, SSE have TAA that is efficient for stopping this crawling to happend.

Edited by goranpaa

NCRForever, Use RivaTuner thats what i use, flawless at capping the frames of any game, never failed to do its job once.

No need to request for such an ABSURD! and BLASPHEMOUS! mod....

RivaTuner...

O.o

RivaTuner. I haven't heard of that in ages. Last time I used it was.... Hmmm.... I can't even remember. Maybe 5, 6 years ago. Is it even made anymore?

The last Riva Tuner = V. 2.24 are from 2009. I'm not at all sure if it will work for Windows 10?

But here are the download link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

The latest Steam beta (v1.3) fixes triple-buffered VSync (again!) - I'd suggest people try it with iVSyncPresentInterval=1 and fullscreen mode turned on (disable any driver/Radeon Pro tweaks) and see how it works for them.

(Working great here on an R9 285).