[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

So, uh, I can't find Skyrim SE anywhere in the list on Nvidia Inspector... do I just use the regular Skyrim tag, or something else?

Go back into the Nvidia Cpanel and add it first. Then launch inspector and click the little house icon and it will be there.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did everything that you've said but still got low fps:

my specs:

Intel Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX960M

16GB DDR4 RAM

My Skyrim SE runs at very low fps... 15-25. It doesn't matter if on low or ultra details, modded/unmodded. So what did I do:

- Update GPU drivers

- Set SkyrimSE.exe to run with high performance nvidia card

- Set SkyrimSE.exe in my Nvidia 3D settings to: Single Display Performance Mode, Power mode: Prefer maximum performance, Texture filtering quality: Maximum performance, Trilinear optimization: on, vsync and triple buffering: on, anisotorpic sample options: on.

- Run in both windowed borderless and fullscreen

- Run with mods and without mods, with low settings and ultra settings

- Reboot my laptop...

- Reinstall .exe files from skyrim folder, via steam

- Disable vsync from SkyrimPrefs.ini

Ok I'm running a Radeon R7 370 with 4gb of ddr5 and I suddenly got this issue as well the game was running smoothly until I got to Snowhawk Fort and now the game is stuck in a hole of frame rate hell. Do the ini file fixes work for Radeon? OK wait I saw the link in the initial post leads to AMD info as well. So I guess the ini file stuff should work as well for AMD, if not please clarify.

This worked for me THANKS!! I just edited the ini files and created a profile in AMD Crimson set the preferences as described in the link you gave and turned on Vsync 60fps and good to go!! Don't use the one that's in Scarlett remove it and create a new one. The preset is linked to the launcher not the exe file.

Okay, It worked but my fps just too high now 120 even with performance heavy mods on. even after putting on the fps limiter on the inspector its like it ignores it. What do I do? fps above 60 normally does not bother me but coil whine does.

Okay turns out I edited the original skyrim. How do I add the new skyrim to the profiles list? I went on control panel and 3d, add, Skyrim. But still does not show up

Hi All! :)

I have a slightly different issue, and I can't seem to figure it out. Periodically, my fps will drop from my normal level (I have an older system, so that's usually between 20 - 30 fps outdoors, and between 30 and 35 fps indoors) down to around 5 - 10 fps. All by itself, the situation will normalize again after a few minutes. This happens pretty much like clockwork. FPS up, fps down. Not fun, especially if it goes down when you get attacked.

When I have Task Manager running alongside, I can see that Skyrim is usually taking anywhere between 15 and 30% CPU, but when the fps drop occurs, it goes down to around 5%.

I've tried pretty much every fix and tweak out there. Didn't have this issue with the standard Skyrim edition. I also have ENBoost installed.

Yes, I do have mods installed, but not too many. The issue has been around from the beginning, even before I began installing mods.

I have an older i7-2860 CPU running at 2.5 GHz with 16 GB RAM and a dual NVIDIA GTX 560M with 1.5 GB RAM each. Like I said: older system.

Any thoughts? Any feedback is appreciated!