[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

AMD Radeon R6 graphics card (A10-7300 CPU) with 8GB RAM on Windows 10

I've tried everything listed here, installed RadeonPro to force VSync, installed Fallout 4's ENB and tweaked the enblocal.ini to force VSync, and tweaked the game's settings via AMD Catalyst Control Center. SSE Will barely start for me, it crashes constantly and there is no change in FPS. There was one lucid moment where the game's interface was very smooth but it crashed as it was loading a save. And I've done so much at this point that I don't remember what I did to make that happen. I think it also f***ed with my screen's resolution, as it no longer goes to full screen when the game loads up. Is there something that I'm missing here? Have I done too much? I've gotten to the point where I want to restore SSE to how it used to be before I started tweaking everything but I don't even know how to do that.

EDIT: Alright, I reset my .ini files using BethINI, and that fixed my screen's resolution. Also I'm not sure if this is relevant but SSE for whatever reason is unable to read my graphics card. I get an error that says "Unidentified Video Card" and it automatically sets my video settings for low.

Edited by beastinair

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disabling Vsyn in skyrim.ini resolves the framerate drop issue but creates screen tears instead. Forcing V-Sync on my AMD Crimson settings but to no avail. :sad:

I have the same issue with new AMD card.

Same problem, although I'm using Nvidia.

Riva tuner, Nvidia's V-sync, External caps and so on won't remove the screen tearing unless using borderless windowed. The only way to play without screen tearing in full screen so far has only been with Skyrim's own V-Sync.

• 2 weeks later...

Disabling Vsyn in skyrim.ini resolves the framerate drop issue but creates screen tears instead. Forcing V-Sync on my AMD Crimson settings but to no avail. :sad:

I have the same issue with new AMD card.

Same problem, although I'm using Nvidia.

Riva tuner, Nvidia's V-sync, External caps and so on won't remove the screen tearing unless using borderless windowed. The only way to play without screen tearing in full screen so far has only been with Skyrim's own V-Sync.

Check it: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI/Display

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Very interesting post! Good read. I'm having low FPS with SE and am looking for a few fixes to try. Will definitely give this a go!

NerevarII, I was wondering if you could help me out with your fix? Replacing the textures? This is my first time modding Skyrim and only second time ever modding so I'm a bit unsure how to go about doing what you mentioned.

Thanks guys your help is super appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...