[FIX] To anyone who experiences low framerates, FPS drops in Skyrim: SE

IE33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a low fps and have traced the root to Immersive Citizens, where my fps tanks briefly outside Whiterun stables and at various points from 60fps to about 32fps. In my inintial game I'd enabled Realistic Dialogue Overhaul and Populated Towns and Cities also. My fps would then randomly drop to 29.9 and rise again. I've also noticed the FPS counter is always changing as if cycling between 59fps and 60fps.

I've tried running an ENB, with Verdant, SFO full, Whiterun Forest, SSE Texture Pack and Fantasy Forest Overhaul - with these enabled I get a consistent 58-60fps.

My CPU is an i5 490k and GPU an MSI gtx 1070 X.

Do you think its Papyrus causing the low fps? Is there a way to allocate more resources to the scripting engine?

NCRForever, Use RivaTuner thats what i use, flawless at capping the frames of any game, never failed to do its job once.

No need to request for such an ABSURD! and BLASPHEMOUS! mod....

RivaTuner...

O.o

RivaTuner. I haven't heard of that in ages. Last time I used it was.... Hmmm.... I can't even remember. Maybe 5, 6 years ago. Is it even made anymore?

The last Riva Tuner = V. 2.24 are from 2009. I'm not at all sure if it will work for Windows 10?

But here are the download link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Yeah. It didn't work with my card or Win10. I ran it in WinXP and it then told me I didn't have any supported cards.

• 2 weeks later...

okay. so i have read through all 9 pages here and i have set the ini tweaks for skyrimSE and the Prefs.... i have set the profile in NVIDIA CP and i have inspector downloaded and running FPS Limiter was set for 60.7 and VSYNC force on.... runs a beautiful 60 fps but now i have screen tearing i dropped the FPS cap to 55.4 its still tearing anyone have any tips thanks in advance

**EDIT** My Skyrim SE auto set itself for Ultra in everything so idk if knowing this will help

Edited by DarthSquishy418

Still having a slight issue with the game myself, I really need to bin this 980, absolutely rubbish. Cannot wait any longer for the 1080TI to be released. The odd stutter, frame rate drops in some areas and the fps still tanking all the time when switching weapons with the 1,2,3,4. I thought I fixed it with the Enhanced Blood update, sadly its back again.

Does the beta 1.3 update that seems to have been in beta for about a year improve the fps?

These are my current settings below, I have about 90 mods installed. In all honesty I'm blaming the GPU more than anything. Running the flashy ENB MXAO and DoF and cranking up the settings to Ultra/high again would probably have me sitting at 25-35 frames with exteriors in the more demanding areas which is terrible.

NVIDIA Inspector framerate imiter 105 fps (100 fps in-game) all interiors is 100. Exteriors 40+ to about 80 with the current settings below with Reshade and HDR enabled. The lower end of 40 tends to depend on weather and area.

iPresentInterval=0, bShadowsOnGrass=0, uLargeRefLODGridSize=11, bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1, iMaxDesired=6000, fGrassStartFadeDistance=35000.0000, fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=20000.0000, Bmouseacceleration=0 ini changes

All I want is 60+fps with everything cranked to the max and with mods without dropping the resolution and no stutters :(.

ENB + LODGrideSize = 21 and max Skyrim settings is a pipe dream right now.

Edited by Guest

Hmm, so how would this happend? Is it thru a messed up registry or some kind of leak between the 2 versions? I'm not at all dismissing this. But I'm curious about how that could happend?

Unfortunatly, I just have one computer at hand.

Thanks for the tip.

okay so dumb question on my end.... are all these changes even really gonna show up on a previously started game... lvl 10 or will it only work if i start fresh cuz i already modified my .ini's and did my tweaking in NVIDIA Inspector and im still having screen tearing issues but my fps locks where i set it....

Hmm, so how would this happend? Is it thru a messed up registry or some kind of leak between the 2 versions? I'm not at all dismissing this. But I'm curious about how that could happend?

Unfortunatly, I just have one computer at hand.

Thanks for the tip.

okay so dumb question on my end.... are all these changes even really gonna show up on a previously started game... lvl 10 or will it only work if i start fresh cuz i already modified my .ini's and did my tweaking in NVIDIA Inspector and im still having screen tearing issues but my fps locks where i set it....

Let me get this right you disabled iVSyncPresentInterval=0 or iPresentInterval=0 in the INI files?

You also used NVIDIA Inspector to limit your framerate and you still get screentearing? In that case you should enable Vsync in the NVIDIA control panel, that will alleviate screentearing.

I was told in another thread some weeks ago that I knew wasnt right instantly that if I had a Gsync monitor with 144hz refresh rate I should do the ini tweaks, use the frame rate limiter with NVIDIA Inspector and all will be golden. Still had horrible screentear with that approach.

If you detest screentear they always say disable in-game vsync, set it through the NVIDIA Control Panel and force the fps to the refresh rate. I always hated Vsync especially at 60HZ (sooner have screentear than limit my fps which always caused input lag and all that rubbish) that was until I bought a 144HZ Gsync monitor it all works a bit differently.

Edit

I'm trying to make sense of the previous page write ups... Making changes to the ini, setting tweaks, NVIDIA setting tweaks have always worked lol. Really not sure what that lad is going on about in the previous pages. I am at level 59 in my save and I have made countless changes to the settings in that time.

Edited by Guest