ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43700915. #43701275, #43701500 are all replies on the same post.

preston781 wrote: I first started playing skyrim on xbox360. Then I discovered that you could mod the PC version to make it look amazing. Then I discovered nexus. This was my main motivation for ditching console and going PC. Took me 3 years to save up and slowly build a decent PC. You guys had a hand in turning me, so I'm just posting to say thanks for the site, thanks to all the modders who make nexus what it is, and thanks for giving this sort of old dog some new chuffs every now and then :)
Aglara wrote: Welcome to the dark side. We have graphics cards. . . Or was it cookies?
neamerjell wrote: I too switched from Xbox 360 back to PC because of Skyrim and mods. Halo Reach was pretty much the only reason I bought the Xbox. I eventually upgraded my PC to run Skyrim on Ultra, then I discovered texture mods...

I am to the point now where I have to pick and choose which mods are most important (or compatible) because the game starts to CTD too often. I'm anxiously awaiting the conversion, porting or whatever of my favorite mods to Skyrim SE so I can take advantage of the 64 bit game engine and seriously cut down on the crashes.

Kerbal Space Program also suffered from 32 bit limit related crashes and the upgrade to a 64 bit game engine was the best thing that ever happened to it.

I have a similar story about how I got into modding. I had dabbled in PC gaming off and on for years. When the 360 came out that became my main gaming platform for several years. Then I came across a demo of Gothic 3. On the old PC I had at the time the game ran terrible, but I could tell it was a game I wanted. I built a new PC and spent hundreds of hours with G3. When that started wearing thin I began rebuying Bethesda games. Fallout 3 was the first I played but it ran awful. I did a search for a fix and found the Fallout Stutter Remover. After trying the fix and it working I came back to see what else was here, and I've been here ever since.

In response to post #43700915. #43701275, #43701500, #43702485 are all replies on the same post.

preston781 wrote: I first started playing skyrim on xbox360. Then I discovered that you could mod the PC version to make it look amazing. Then I discovered nexus. This was my main motivation for ditching console and going PC. Took me 3 years to save up and slowly build a decent PC. You guys had a hand in turning me, so I'm just posting to say thanks for the site, thanks to all the modders who make nexus what it is, and thanks for giving this sort of old dog some new chuffs every now and then :)
Aglara wrote: Welcome to the dark side. We have graphics cards. . . Or was it cookies?
neamerjell wrote: I too switched from Xbox 360 back to PC because of Skyrim and mods. Halo Reach was pretty much the only reason I bought the Xbox. I eventually upgraded my PC to run Skyrim on Ultra, then I discovered texture mods...

I am to the point now where I have to pick and choose which mods are most important (or compatible) because the game starts to CTD too often. I'm anxiously awaiting the conversion, porting or whatever of my favorite mods to Skyrim SE so I can take advantage of the 64 bit game engine and seriously cut down on the crashes.

Kerbal Space Program also suffered from 32 bit limit related crashes and the upgrade to a 64 bit game engine was the best thing that ever happened to it.
Kalell wrote: I have a similar story about how I got into modding. I had dabbled in PC gaming off and on for years. When the 360 came out that became my main gaming platform for several years. Then I came across a demo of Gothic 3. On the old PC I had at the time the game ran terrible, but I could tell it was a game I wanted. I built a new PC and spent hundreds of hours with G3. When that started wearing thin I began rebuying Bethesda games. Fallout 3 was the first I played but it ran awful. I did a search for a fix and found the Fallout Stutter Remover. After trying the fix and it working I came back to see what else was here, and I've been here ever since.

Pretty sure it was ram.
hmm 64 bit operating systems so tasty...

Wait Xbone and PS4 are now on 64 bit architectures as well aren't they?
huh...

In response to post #43702645. #43702720 is also a reply to the same post.

bubbafett5611 wrote: The NMM Login Server is down, please follow this guide as a workaround: http://pastebin.com/pPTmC9tF

Figured it might be a good idea to post this here too
NoShotz wrote: only problem with that is it won't have any of the metadata such as mod version, which is kind a pain.

you may update your file : click on "+" or siply drag and drop the file

To all, complaining sarcastic & ironic about the downtime:

At 99,9%, all of you don't have this nice, shiny, green text for saying: "Hey, at least I supported the Nexus and so I can text my sadness about the downtime." This would at least be reasonable & understandable. But the service is for free. No, you don't need to support anyone. But just understand, that there are limits.

Limits, maybe not that fast broken if more people would support them. More servers, better speeds. Well, I stop here. I think, you got the message.