Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43700915.

preston781 wrote: I first started playing skyrim on xbox360. Then I discovered that you could mod the PC version to make it look amazing. Then I discovered nexus. This was my main motivation for ditching console and going PC. Took me 3 years to save up and slowly build a decent PC. You guys had a hand in turning me, so I'm just posting to say thanks for the site, thanks to all the modders who make nexus what it is, and thanks for giving this sort of old dog some new chuffs every now and then :)

Welcome to the dark side. We have graphics cards. . . Or was it cookies?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43700915. #43701275 is also a reply to the same post.

preston781 wrote: I first started playing skyrim on xbox360. Then I discovered that you could mod the PC version to make it look amazing. Then I discovered nexus. This was my main motivation for ditching console and going PC. Took me 3 years to save up and slowly build a decent PC. You guys had a hand in turning me, so I'm just posting to say thanks for the site, thanks to all the modders who make nexus what it is, and thanks for giving this sort of old dog some new chuffs every now and then :)
Aglara wrote: Welcome to the dark side. We have graphics cards. . . Or was it cookies?

I too switched from Xbox 360 back to PC because of Skyrim and mods. Halo Reach was pretty much the only reason I bought the Xbox. I eventually upgraded my PC to run Skyrim on Ultra, then I discovered texture mods...

I am to the point now where I have to pick and choose which mods are most important (or compatible) because the game starts to CTD too often. I'm anxiously awaiting the conversion, porting or whatever of my favorite mods to Skyrim SE so I can take advantage of the 64 bit game engine and seriously cut down on the crashes.

Kerbal Space Program also suffered from 32 bit limit related crashes and the upgrade to a 64 bit game engine was the best thing that ever happened to it.

f*#@ my life....I just went through the site for 15 minutes looking through mods to add to NMM....added like 10 of them, then only afterwards noticed 10 error messages lol.......f*#@. ANyway, np, you guys do what you gotta do, we all appreciate your hard work and commitment!!

In response to post #43701595.

akaboondock wrote: f*#@ my life....I just went through the site for 15 minutes looking through mods to add to NMM....added like 10 of them, then only afterwards noticed 10 error messages lol.......f*#@. ANyway, np, you guys do what you gotta do, we all appreciate your hard work and commitment!!

You can either download them manually then install with NMM.

Or you can download them at a later time using NMM. Your files are still there on pause.

It's OK for me to shut down the services in favor to keep the whole project running. Sure, I love the feature of categorizing and naming all mods via auto-install (yes, there are at least a few without an improper naming after you drag & dropped then manually - or it's just a normal thing. I don't know), but hey: It's like it is.

The biggest thing I thought: "Whoa, also the premium servers are fully loaded? Not bad. High demands, but understandable." :).

In response to post #43701215.

Ballinasloe wrote:

Not quite as easy as designating certain servers to certain levels of people sadly.

Yeah I know, but some levels on access would do, level 1 admins, 2 mod creators, 3 premium, 4 everyone else :)

Yeah. Although I completely understand why they're doing what they're doing, seeing the NMM offline minutes after purchasing a lifetime premium membership is a real bummer...