Creation Kit for Skyrim Special Edition

TerrorFox1234

In response to post #43846695.

bon2x03 wrote: That's great. But where can we find resources? I mean are the basic steps on creating mods will be the same as before? Can we still reference the previous creation kit page?

yep, it's basically identical, sans a few very technical things mostly around custom animations (which they provided tools ton convert), and not using TGA textures.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43815505.

row14 wrote: if only i knew how to make mods ...T.T
cant wait to see all the new amazing mods
im talking about inigo of course

nah, if you have both versions, have one be the 'learn to mod' version, and have at it.

I can do basic quests and scripting, and I've only been at it for a few weeks, it's not too painful.

(cept navmenshing, that sucks)

In response to post #43868385.

ThePaladinOf wrote: Is anyone else having this issue, or insight on it? I've loaded in an ESP that I made in the Creation Kit for Skyrim into the Creation Kit for SE. My issue is that it seems that the bounding boxes on almost all objects are huge. For example, I can't even click on a weapon on the ground because the tree that is ~6ft away from it is overriding it. Is there a setting to ignore bounding boxes or what?

Yeah press 1 a couple times and the object youve selected will disappear. If you want to make all objects visible again press ALT+1.

Doing this just makes it invisible in the render window, the object still exists. But it's a great way to select an object behind another one.

In response to post #43855830. #43872595, #43873225, #43873565 are all replies on the same post.

IXWIND wrote: Do someone have new ck without crashes? Can you send me your .ini files, i am stuck in warnings and errors. I did everything (made creationkitcustom.ini, set options creationkit.ini) but still got a lot of warnings and crashes...
ginkarasu wrote: I'm no expert, So I can't help you with those crashes.
But about those you can safely disable them by simply
changing the line "bBlockMessageBoxes=1" to "bBlockMessageBoxes=0"
You can find this line in the SkyrimEditor.ini under [MESSAGES]
You can find the .ini in your SkyrimSE root folder
IXWIND wrote: U mean CreationKit.ini right, the skyrim editior.ini was from old ck steam version
IXWIND wrote: The line does not exist, when i try to add line bBlockMessageBoxes=0 under messages warning but still get these warnings - here u can get couple screens
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5006465-creation-kit-crashes/

Yes you're totally right, I apologize. Must have suffered from a massive brain fart. And you're also right about adding that line, it doesn't do Jack S###. >.<

Anyway, about those message I always click "yes to all" (though in my native language is I have to choose "cancel"?!? Also loading in just Skyrim.esm and my esp. I had to click yes to all 2 times, not 50 as you stated in your forum post.

tbh, I didn't have any crashes ...yet. *knock on wood*

Edited by ginkarasu

In response to post #43864470. #43873875 is also a reply to the same post.

ghostwalkr wrote: So in order to get the SE CK, you have to install their launcher?
Do we know if they'll release it to Steam, because I really don't need or want another game manager.
DFX2K9 wrote: it is on steam. It's similar to launchers from other games on steam as I understand.

Checked both my library and tools, unfortunately I'm not seeing the CK listed. :(

In response to post #43846695. #43873980 is also a reply to the same post.

bon2x03 wrote: That's great. But where can we find resources? I mean are the basic steps on creating mods will be the same as before? Can we still reference the previous creation kit page?
DFX2K9 wrote: yep, it's basically identical, sans a few very technical things mostly around custom animations (which they provided tools ton convert), and not using TGA textures.

That's great, at least there are a lot of tuts that won't go to the trash can.