[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Youtube terms of service is absolutely broken, morally.

Content owners have to put a claim in to Youtube with proof that its their IP and then they can get a cut of the money. But any profits made before the claim can't be disputed. Bloody sad. I have a very strong disdain for the bigtime mod reviewers, especially that clown MxR or whatever. I find myself very apprehensive about viewing a mod video at all in fact.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youtube terms of service is absolutely broken, morally.

Content owners have to put a claim in to Youtube with proof that its their IP and then they can get a cut of the money. But any profits made before the claim can't be disputed. Bloody sad. I have a very strong disdain for the bigtime mod reviewers, especially that clown MxR or whatever. I find myself very apprehensive about viewing a mod video at all in fact.

Reviewing mods and making money isn't immoral, our broken copyright laws are. In the meantime I'm pretty sure most mod makers could open up a patreon if they really wanted to, or at least they should be able.

Edited by xxt65xx

Can people please get back on topic?

Fair enough. (Also, if anyone needed any more warning that the moderators are watching this thread... -we just got it.)

When SKSE-SE is released, Behippo indicated that SkyUI would also be updated and the code sent to Schlangster for final compiling. My question is: How many of the already ported mods (that used MCM menus in Oldrim) do you believe will quickly be updated? I remember reading a post somewhere from Arthmoor that he would update his ported mods as quickly as he could. Do you think a significant amount of other popular mods will get updated quickly?

Fair enough. (Also, if anyone needed any more warning that the moderators are watching this thread... -we just got it.)

When SKSE-SE is released, Behippo indicated that SkyUI would also be updated and the code sent to Schlangster for final compiling. My question is: How many of the already ported mods (that used MCM menus in Oldrim) do you believe will quickly be updated? I remember reading a post somewhere from Arthmoor that he would update his ported mods as quickly as he could. Do you think a significant amount of other popular mods will get updated quickly?

In my humble opinion only, both the SKSE & SkyUI Dev do their absolute utmost to make sure it backward compatible on each update , but if some code is depreciated, I don't see that as major issues as well, it's a easy fix instead. Because I believe, they will both do their utmost to make it so.

If Authors update or don't, it's their choice, I have no opinion on the matter. I not one to say, I want, I need, my life is over without this... I like to think I have some sort of pitiful perspective on what important to me. Nevertheless I will feel something missing (Phantom Pain), but I'll deal.

Like the Dev's, this is some thing I do in my spare time.

@ Ledd, I really like your post in the other thread. Where the like button? Click, there you go.

@ all Moderators, I have a strong opinion of what you do in your spare time. Click, there you go too.

I certainly plan to update my mods as soon as possible since I created them for my own use first. Not having SKSE64 is painful since I have to play Special Edition without my Storage Helpers, Ring Swapper, Enchantment Swapper, and most importantly the Whistle to Inigo hotkey from InigoMCM. But since I know what it takes to get SKSE64 working I also know there's nothing to do but wait.

Yes, but there will be also some popular Mods, which won't be updated. This is even the case for mods which don't require SKSE64. For example, aMdianBorn Caves and Mines, or Ultimate Fire are very popular. But it seems they won't be ported/updated. Only the authors know why (no time? too lazy? hating se?...)

Edited by COMBATFUN

Yes, but there will be also some popular Mods, which won't be updated. This is even the case for mods which don't require SKSE64. For example, aMdianBorn Caves and Mines, or Ultimate Fire are very popular. But it seems they won't be ported/updated. Only the authors know why (no time? too lazy? hating se?...)

Amidianborn works fine with SSE.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7142/?

may not be Ultimate Fire, but its damn good

Amidianborn works fine with SSE.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7142/?

may not be Ultimate Fire, but its damn good

Ultimate Fire Effects is working fine too - even with the Embers 2048 (old version with exactly this name, so no esp is used. However, probably it's working fine even when resaving esp in Creation Kit SE and run NIF Optimizer through all meshes). I did this with a lot Oldrim mods and it's working very well. Have almost all amidian mods running on SSE, and many others. Graphic mods, specially Textures from Oldrim are not a problem. If they include meshes just run NIF Optimizer - works with most of them. ANd as long as any esp file isn't related to some SKSE functionality, you're able to use it w/o a problem by resaving them in the Creation Kit SE. ;-)

It's giving me a nice Oldrim-like taste on Special Edition, so it's really fine waiting for SKSE64. They're doing great work - as they already did for Oldrim! And they have their private lifes and using their spare time for making us happy :) I developed Android kernels, Arma 3 mods and other stuff, all in my spare time and without getting paid of course. Some nice people donated though.. But what I mean is: I appreciate all their efforts and can totally understand the circumstances for realizing such a project. Be patient and stay nice, guys :)