[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

p.s. Older version of SKYUI works on SE, (some feature like filter and search donsn't work though)

This, along with the so very many popular mods that have been ported with workarounds (like spells) to replace the MCM functionality, is why I now encourage folks to go ahead and play SE. Many mod authors have said (usually in their pinned posts at their mod page) that they will re-tweak their ported mods once SKSE becomes available for SE.

This means you can have your cake and eat it too. Go ahead and enjoy the stability of SE now and then switch over after SKSE has been released and the majority of your favorite mods have been tweaked to get rid of the workarounds and use SKSE instead.

The only problem I foresee is that replacing the mods with the updated ones will probably break saves. So you will most likely have to start a new game.

Chances are that you would finish one playthrough before SKSE64 is released, and then mods are retweaked for that. So yes, people should be playing SSE now, without waiting for SKSE64. Most good mods are now available for SSE. And a truckload of them together don't cause stuttering or CTDs like oldrim. That itself is sufficient to warrant SSE sans SKSE64.

Not really, also people already made one playthrough. and that is on Oldrim, also,i don't play the game withouth some mods, and there are some mods that actually NEED skse. which means i cannot play the game, btw, the search bar on skyui 2.2 does not work, which is a really bother when you have a ton of mods, also, the icons are really bad and the icon mod that some people are using is also really bad in my opinion XD, so no, the game is not playable withouth skse once you play with it, and no, you cannot achieve the same results as Requiem for instance which i do not like, but you cannot achieve the same results with ''various mods'', something will ALWAYS be missing, i am one of those who got boring of the game and waiting for skse and by the time it gets here i will not be the only one, i used to check this foru, 5 times a day, now i check once a week.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, along with the so very many popular mods that have been ported with workarounds (like spells) to replace the MCM functionality, is why I now encourage folks to go ahead and play SE. Many mod authors have said (usually in their pinned posts at their mod page) that they will re-tweak their ported mods once SKSE becomes available for SE.

This means you can have your cake and eat it too. Go ahead and enjoy the stability of SE now and then switch over after SKSE has been released and the majority of your favorite mods have been tweaked to get rid of the workarounds and use SKSE instead.

The only problem I foresee is that replacing the mods with the updated ones will probably break saves. So you will most likely have to start a new game.

Chances are that you would finish one playthrough before SKSE64 is released, and then mods are retweaked for that. So yes, people should be playing SSE now, without waiting for SKSE64. Most good mods are now available for SSE. And a truckload of them together don't cause stuttering or CTDs like oldrim. That itself is sufficient to warrant SSE sans SKSE64.

Not really, also people already made one playthrough. and that is on Oldrim, also,i don't play the game withouth some mods, and there are some mods that actually NEED skse. which means i cannot play the game, btw, the search bar on skyui 2.2 does not work, which is a really bother when you have a ton of mods, also, the icons are really bad and the icon mod that some people are using is also really bad in my opinion XD, so no, the game is not playable withouth skse once you play with it, and no, you cannot achieve the same results as Requiem for instance which i do not like, but you cannot achieve the same results with ''various mods'', something will ALWAYS be missing, i am one of those who got boring of the game and waiting for skse and by the time it gets here i will not be the only one, i used to check this foru, 5 times a day, now i check once a week.

My post was in reply to the poster who was going ahead with another playthrough on SSE, and waiting for his favorite mods (which work with workarounds now) to be later tweaked for SKSE64. In that context, I was saying that he would probably finish his playthrough before that happens. Obviously, my reply doesn't apply to someone who prefers not to play SSE at all for now.

Edited by aymanalz

For SkyUI 2.2 , I was given this guide and it worked just fine: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5awtkm/guide_quick_and_dirty_way_to_remove_skse_warning/

Most of the other mods are already on SSE.

I'm new to the whole SKSE thing, so.. Can someone explain what it does or will do?

It extends the normal scripting capabilities to allow for more functions.

Edited by Tarshana

I'm new to the whole SKSE thing, so.. Can someone explain what it does or will do?

SKSE is short for "SKyrim Script Extender. It is a collection of code that "hooks" into the Skyrim game engine, thus providing modders with a much, much wider range of options that they can execute in their mods than vanilla Skyrim will allow.

Gopher's video (linked at the SKSE page) pretty well explains what it does and how to install it. You'll need SKSE for a lot of the really good mods in vanilla Skyrim to function properly/fully. This is why so many people here are waiting breathlessly for it to be ported to Skyrim Special Edition. It will enable a LOT of awesome mods to be easier to use with better interfaces such as the MCM menus used in vanilla Skyrim mods.

But the latter is their stupid choice and if they'd let the community pay them for their time I bet they'd get enough donations to quit their day jobs and just focus on this and we'd have it in no time.

You seem to assume they work as dishwashers or something. As far as I know, their jobs are way "better" than what they are or could be doing here, even for money. Also, by what I know about the typical donation amounts here, this might maybe feed them for a month or two. A real job feeds them for years or decades.

They gave us an update last month, let me translate it for you: "this is a lot of work, we are doing it, but it will require time. No release date since we can't know when it's done, but it will be done, be sure about it".

The dev gave no reassurance whatsoever, that the project will be completed. He merely stated what has been done and what still has to be done.

Full quote of the statement:

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up.

I'm also taking in account the interviews they did on youtube. They will complite the script extender, it's not a matter of if they complete it or not, it's a matter of when, and they are working on it.

I agree donations are a joke since tapiok mention in one of his tread that in 6 years he got only 30$ for all the fantastic work he done!

Its better than nothing. I'd pay for a quality works if I had to, but I would agree everyone was much happier before we started adding money to the equation

Its better than nothing. I'd pay for a quality works if I had to, but I would agree everyone was much happier before we started adding money to the equation

People are cheap by nature and they all like their entertainment for free and god forbid they will ever work for free! But the real irony in this modding circus is why is it OK for people who have exclusive Youtube channels showing only mods for Skyrim have the right to make money while the hard working modders cannot! That even could be challenge in a court case since when you have a gaming channel that main content is related to one single gaming studio then they are making money on the back of the studio IP. Bethesda is not going to complain since these videos push tons of sale for their games and the only one getting screwed are the modders as usual.