Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

So I'm heading to the Orc Stronghold where you do Malacath's quest. When I get there, a giant is attacking, so I lend a hand. The giant turns its attention to me and Shadowmere, and as I'm hacking at its knees with my Daedric battleaxe, a cave bear and a bear-sized frostbite spider meander out of the woods and decide they hate me too. Shadowmere thankfully keeps them at bay for a moment as I take on the giant, when I get a split second woosh noise and a glimpse of a shadow and a Frost Dragon drops behind me. So now I have a giant in front of me, a bear and a spider to my right, and a dragon whose teeth are about two feet from my backside, while two near-dead orcs and my horse vainly help.

And after all was said and done, a Redguard showed up for the very end to help kill the dragon, then decided to pick a fight with me. :|

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I've done mehrunes quest and I am at the shrine and I think whew that's done, now I'll have a look around. off I go to the right and what do you know.... I find a dragon's nest....with a dragon

and that's when the fight started. well this spot was rather small so there was no place for him to really land so he just kept flying around as I slowly hit him with some arrows.

ya know how when a dragon gets weak enough they do that sort of plow thing into the ground......we get to that point , I hear the sound but wtf...where the hell is my dragon

I look around and look around....can't find him. then I see the tip of his tail waving back and forth, the rest of him is buried in the face of the cliff. I take one more step forward for a better look and OH CRAP! I just fell on his back,

ok, just as I am about to hop back onto the edge of the cliff the damn dragon breaks loose and we both begin to fall and as we fall I start wailing on the dragon, kill him in mid air and absorb his soul.......then my nord and a huge pile of bones

slam into the ground

dramatic death for the win

well, I've done mehrunes quest and I am at the shrine and I think whew that's done, now I'll have a look around. off I go to the right and what do you know.... I find a dragon's nest....with a dragon

and that's when the fight started. well this spot was rather small so there was no place for him to really land so he just kept flying around as I slowly hit him with some arrows.

ya know how when a dragon gets weak enough they do that sort of plow thing into the ground......we get to that point , I hear the sound but wtf...where the hell is my dragon

I look around and look around....can't find him. then I see the tip of his tail waving back and forth, the rest of him is buried in the face of the cliff. I take one more step forward for a better look and OH CRAP! I just fell on his back,

ok, just as I am about to hop back onto the edge of the cliff the damn dragon breaks loose and we both begin to fall and as we fall I start wailing on the dragon, kill him in mid air and absorb his soul.......then my nord and a huge pile of bones

slam into the ground

dramatic death for the win

Did you come back as a white mage?

I ran into Ria and Vilkas of all people WAY out in the southwestern area of the Reach, south of Markarth. Nice to see they do things outside of Jorrvaskr, and are able to go so far away.

Also, I was on my way to meet Delphine and Esbern at Karthspire and decided to go on foot from Whiterun. As I was reaching the border between Whiterun Hold and the Reach, a named dragon (Vuljotnaak, I think?) attacked me and two Imperial soldiers I ran into. Out in the tundra I saw a giant, so I decided to stay close to the road to avoid a confrontation with it once the dragon was dealt with. Dragon killed one of the Imperials, and as I was whittling its health down, the battle had apparently moved farther into the tundra than I thought, because the giant thundered up out of nowhere and finished the dragon off. My first thought was "Damn I'm dead!" since I was all of about two feet from it. But it looked at me and the soldier, shouldered its club, and walked off into the sunset (literally). Giant BFF.

my random moment when i turned werewolf as a companion in underforge instead of creating chaos in whiterun as werewolf i just exited in the back of underforge and met a black brotherhood assassin or assassin and that assassin is my first kill as a werewolf. Too bad i never given a chance to loot the assassin body.

Also i met some random dude i just talk by in some inn and challenge me into a drinking contest and turns out to be a daederic quest too bad i never have much more immersion in that quest because i am just to rush finishing some thieves guild quest. I thought it is just some stupid quest turns out to be awesome quest wish there would be some few flash back in this quest reminded me of hangover. That quest is the best quest i ever done compared to dark brotherhood quest.

There are just so many random events/situations/occurrences in Skyrim, some I can find no information on them anywhere - why they occurred or what supposedly happened. Most I have run across are somewhat humorous, others not so humorous.

I wonder if anyone else has been in The Reach and found the dead girl and her diary.

I do not even remember what I was doing in The Reach (probably some minor quest), but since I never fast travel (I have hired a cart once or twice, but no fast travel otherwise) I usually travel by road or wander the countryside as I go place to place - so here I am wandering through the wilderness of The Reach when I run across a small pond and there is a naked, dead body floating in the water with a couple of forsworn arrows in it. I look around and find some clothes and a diary. Here is some farm girl who likes to go swimming at her favorite place to cool off and her Dad has told her not to go into The Reach because its dangerous - advice she obviously did not take seriously.

For some reason this little scene just made me so angry I could hear my heart pounding. I proceeded to wander The Reach and kill every forsworn I could find and I am sure within an hour or so of play I had killed every forsworn in the game and had finally cooled off a bit.

The worst part was I had no way to find this girls parents or the farm she was from and no way to let her parents know what happened to her - which also made me angry.

I don't know who at Bethseda thought this was a good or interesting little event to put in the game, but I'd really like to punch whomever it was right in the face and then kick them right in the butt a few times for not having a way to finish it. Considering Skyrim is just a stupid game, I really have no specific idea why this made me so angry, but it did and still sort of bothers me that there was no way to end it.

Have two.

When I came out of the mine full of ebony ore which was next to the orc stronghold near Windhelm, I decided to go to the stronghold to see what happens. But a damn dragon attacked and it landed in the Orc Stronghold. It killed like, everyone in the Stronghold. Even the poor Orc Chief died :rolleyes:.

So I fast traveled to the DB Sanctuary near *MINOR SPOILER* Dawnstar*MINOR SPOILER* and I heard a dragon whose roar frightened me when I started approaching but I just ignored it. I then got a contract to talk to some guy in Rorikstead and I just talked to some of the guys for a while, then finally I went out of the other door. When I got out, 2 dragons, 1 Frost and a Regular were waiting for me outside. I was like WTF?! And I died and loaded the autosave. Unfortunately the 2 Dragons came again. I died again and loaded last autosave. Then I finally started sprinting like hell to Dawnstar to get help from the guards and they started killing the dragons. I summoned Odahviing to help me also. And the 2 dragons I was facing were now a Elder Dragon and a Blood Dragon. WTF?! The Blood Dragon was really just a pushover but the Elder Dragon pwned me with his awesome frost breath. I had to use probably about 20 Restore Health potions to survive the battle. After a long and epic fight, I killed the Elder Dragon with my Daedric Sword and a follower. That was a first time fighting an Elder, I can now see why Elders are so hard. :sweat:

Edited by 62firelight

There are just so many random events/situations/occurrences in Skyrim, some I can find no information on them anywhere - why they occurred or what supposedly happened. Most I have run across are somewhat humorous, others not so humorous.

I wonder if anyone else has been in The Reach and found the dead girl and her diary.

I do not even remember what I was doing in The Reach (probably some minor quest), but since I never fast travel (I have hired a cart once or twice, but no fast travel otherwise) I usually travel by road or wander the countryside as I go place to place - so here I am wandering through the wilderness of The Reach when I run across a small pond and there is a naked, dead body floating in the water with a couple of forsworn arrows in it. I look around and find some clothes and a diary. Here is some farm girl who likes to go swimming at her favorite place to cool off and her Dad has told her not to go into The Reach because its dangerous - advice she obviously did not take seriously.

For some reason this little scene just made me so angry I could hear my heart pounding. I proceeded to wander The Reach and kill every forsworn I could find and I am sure within an hour or so of play I had killed every forsworn in the game and had finally cooled off a bit.

The worst part was I had no way to find this girls parents or the farm she was from and no way to let her parents know what happened to her - which also made me angry.

I don't know who at Bethseda thought this was a good or interesting little event to put in the game, but I'd really like to punch whomever it was right in the face and then kick them right in the butt a few times for not having a way to finish it. Considering Skyrim is just a stupid game, I really have no specific idea why this made me so angry, but it did and still sort of bothers me that there was no way to end it.

I know what you mean, I didn't find the same girl as you, mine was up near Dawnstar if I recall and she had a note on her that someone had stolen her amulet and she was going to get it back, or something along those lines, I wanted so badly to find her parents or husband to tell them what had happened to her and give them the note, these could have been little quests rather than random findings.