Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

I was heading to Nocturnal's Santuary where you do the Pilgrim's Path thing at the end of the Thief's Guild questline, and happened upon this gawky youth standing over a wolf carcass yelling "get up! Get up!"

Naturally this piqued my curiosity, so I stopped and talked to him. It turns out he found this staff that had belonged to his grandfather or something and all of a sudden the dead started rising around him. He thought it was his power, even went to the College of Winterhold where they laughed at him and told him it was the staff. So now he was standing out in the middle of nowhere, attempting to raise a wolf from the dead to prove them wrong. Obviously unsuccessfully. I tried to get him to give me the staff, but he would not. So I tried to pick pocket the staff away from him, but he caught me. Annoyed, I killed him and took the rather valuable staff off his corpse.

Then I continued merrily along my way to the Sanctuary.

In my case he gave it to me. Probably you need more skill in speech. LOL.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are awesome, my 5 year old keeps asking 'what are you laughing at?'.

So far i've really come to appreciate the offhand comments you get when you do quest related stuff. A comment about' Keep away from me with that unnatural weapon' when wielding the Staff of Corruption was nice. My favourite so far was after Najmira's quest I went and ate someone, as you do, and the first gaurd I pass in Whiterun says 'Gods, what have you been eating? It smells like something died in your mouth'. Which it kinda had...

I was doing the thieves guild mission at the Goldenglow Estate (I think that's what it's called) and after sneaking inside, clearing out the safe etc. without killing anybody (sneaky Khajit FTW) I then popped out to hear the mercenaries shouting "hah got you now!!". I then start to wonder how the hell they found me.

But I then saw on the subtitles a thug shouting back and I soon enough realised that the Mercenaries in Goldenglow Estate and some Hired Thugs sent to "teach me a lesson" were now fighting each other in a mass battle whilst I sneaked on to burn the beehives.

I then sneaked back to watch as the last mercenary stuck a sword through the chest of the leader of the Hired Thugs.

Plus for all those wondering who sent the hired thugs it was Camilla Valerius after I re-stole the Golden Claw.

Probably one of my favourite moments ever in any game.

My most memorable moment was when I stopped to speak with a reveler and extoll the virtues of his mead, when he suddenly was attacked by a wolf. I'm not kidding, either. Right in the middle of him saying, "Nothing like a good spirit to lift your... well, spirits..." He gets a wolf right in the face. :tongue: Edited by gsmanners

I was going to the cave at the end of the Thieves Guild quest line, when you get your Nightingale power. As I was walking from Falkreath, a guy runs up to me, gives me a glass helm, and tells me to watch it for him.

Another guy comes up, asks if I saw a guy. I realized (this was my first time this had happened) that he'd stolen the helm, so I told the 2nd guy that I hadn't seen anyone.

A few minutes later, I find the first guy hiding in a bush. I try to give him his helm back, but he's busy. So I followed him around for a few minutes.

Then I got bored, finished the quest, and came back out.

The guy never showed up to take his helm back. Free glass helm. :|

My most memorable moment was when I stopped to speak with a reveler and extoll the virtues of his mead, when he suddenly was attacked by a wolf. I'm not kidding, either. Right in the middle of him saying, "Nothing like a good spirit to lift your... well, spirits..." He gets a wolf right in the face. :tongue:

That made me think of American Werewolf in London; just the feeling I got. Scary and kind of funny at the same time, bit sad too.

The revelers and the wolf was so funny I think I had tears in my eyes. I wasn't in any condition to help the poor guys, but they didn't need my help. It was, after all, three guys versus a wolf. They pummeled the poor wolf into submission and went on their way. I honestly feel a little sorry for the wolf. Edited by gsmanners

Mine has to be the dragon fight at Windhelm stables. What to make of it?

The entire stable of horses starts hoofing the poor fella

The lowly stablehand runs right in front of my 2hd power swing and secures me a 1,000 bounty with his corpse

The carriage driver sits there like it's just another day at the office

The guards ignore me even after securing that hefty bounty - instead commenting about my dragon soul stealing prowess

The stable owner, well he actually seemed fine with me offing his help

When that was over, I completely forgot why I went to Windhelm in the first place.

Here's another that happened a while back. I went to the College of Winterhold after becoming Archmage to do that quest to get Keening. I find the guy I'm looking for on the edge of the courtyard near the sleeping quarters. I start talking with him about the quest when mid-sentence an Elder Dragon drops into the middle of the college behind him. Briefly turned into a funny background event, because I'm trying to hurry up and exit the conversation because I'm watching three or four mages attempt -- and colossally fail -- to bring this thing down, and the guy just keeps going on about his experiment. Made all the better by the fact that the dragon is all of eight feet behind him, so it's not really far off; close enough that my character stumbled when it landed.

Managed to take it out without any casualties. In my head I saw my dark elf staring wide-eyed over the guy's shoulder as calmly chatted, thinking "Please shut the hell up so I can make sure we don't all die."