Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

hehe, these topics are great...

I was talking to Esbern about hunting dragons and he's going on and on and all of a sudden a dragon lands right in the middle of the courtyard and starts torching everything...and Esbern is still talking and I cant break the conversation...I can just imagine my character pointing and signalling to the dragon behind Esbern while he rambles on and on...

Aela was my wife with this one character and her and I went exploring and we eventually ran across some Forsworn and proceeded to attack them, she died during the battle(hit by and arrow whilst she was DBNO) once the battle was done I dragged her body all the way to this shrine near old Hroldan...I placed her body on one of the benches, left some flowers, her weapon and shield by the corpse, paid my imaginary respects and left...

I return to whiterun after a very long time of not visiting the companions to find she's alive, sitting at the dinner table in Jorvaskr eating...and not my wife...I'm thinking...what the f***? you were dead!

I was stalking a Thalmor patrol up a road once and I kid you not, 5 werewolves! (Skyrim wars IV mod) ambush me and the Thalmor patrol and try and rip everyone to shreds...I escaped...barely...but the Thlamor didn't :D

I was hunting dragons and Lydia is one of the blades who was sent to help me, with the blades I also had Eric the Slayer with me, Lydia died whilst trying to kill the dragon...when the battle was finished I told Eric to go home because I just wanted to go somewhere alone...he leaves walks past her corpse, bends down, checks her corpse or something like that, stands up and says, "What a shame..." then continues home...

I felt kinda sad when that happened...

My Shadow Ranger character despises the Thalmor, he was an initiate when the great war started, he spent most of the war hunting down Thalmor agents in Cyrodil and helping the legion fight, he never completed his training as the guild went into isolation in the later years of the war, now he kills every Thalmor as soon as he gets the opportunity, anyway to the point, the Thalmor who pace up and down in Markarth died as soon as I could get to them, I literally just pulled out my bow and just let fly my arrows...when the guards approached me for some reason it glitched out and I only got the Cidnha mine arrest line...I couldnt get out of it without fighting the guards so I ran for the gate and now I simply tell myself I'm no longer welcome in Markarth as the Thalmor know who I am now and want to kill me and capture me etc. etc.

I still hang out in Markarth though...I just use an invisbility spell and hang out in the tavern :D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my recent funnies, was letting 3 draugers beat me up to increase my heavy armour skills, which is very boring, to break the monotony I manoeuvred myself up against a wall with them grouped in front of me and their backs to a corridor, when everything was set, I loosed a shout at them. All 3 flew down this corridor and I hadn't noticed there was a pressure plate at the other end, which one of them landed on. This activated one of those swinging cage doors with a load of spikes on it, the door swung round, picked up the 3 draugers and threw them back and me. I shouted "OH CRAP" shut my eyes and ducked, my OH thought this was hilarious.

No, the way you skill up your armor is by letting wild animals attack you. If you can get a bear to attack you, that will skill up your armor pretty quickly, though I do suggest skilling up your block a little every now and then (so you don't accidentally die). One of my memorable armor-skilling moments was being batted around by a couple sabre cats. That was fun, especially when combining that with block practice.

No, the way you skill up your armor is by letting wild animals attack you. If you can get a bear to attack you, that will skill up your armor pretty quickly, though I do suggest skilling up your block a little every now and then (so you don't accidentally die). One of my memorable armor-skilling moments was being batted around by a couple sabre cats. That was fun, especially when combining that with block practice.

Bears weren't doing the job any more, that's why I let 3 draugers, 1 was a death lord which helped, go at it, they were doing just enough damage to keep the slider thing moving steadily up. I did find those dwemer spiders work quite well and yes using block along with this technique does make it go up quite quickly and breaks the monotony, which is more than you can say about using Restore with it. I also like using the shout, Marked for Death on the draugers, once their life bar gets really low they run off and usually drop dead before they get round the corners.

well there are only two memorable things for me.

1. this is not funny. it was at the end of DB quest line and i was in Karia(not sure if its the real name) killing the emperor. when he talked to me and said that he had accepted his death and etc. i was thinking really thinking that how this weak a** could become an emperor and i understood why the altmer won the war.

2. i was wandering the wilderness and i saw a goat running freely for his own. my sadistic side woke up and i killed the goat. then a rabbit came i started chewing the goat! well it was there with its mouth on the goat and wouldn't move. i was like: what the? meat eating rabbit? and because i thought rabbits shouldn't eat meat i killed it to

ok i just saw this and it was pretty strange. in the swindlers den in my time of need i saw a nord mead and when i got it i saw a skeleton. went ahead to search it only to see that its been buried in hay and was trying to reach for the mead!

well there are only two memorable things for me.

1. this is not funny. it was at the end of DB quest line and i was in Karia(not sure if its the real name) killing the emperor. when he talked to me and said that he had accepted his death and etc. i was thinking really thinking that how this weak a** could become an emperor and i understood why the altmer won the war.

2. i was wandering the wilderness and i saw a goat running freely for his own. my sadistic side woke up and i killed the goat. then a rabbit came i started chewing the goat! well it was there with its mouth on the goat and wouldn't move. i was like: what the? meat eating rabbit? and because i thought rabbits shouldn't eat meat i killed it to

hehehe, The Empire actually retook Cyrodill...albeit at a hard price.

point is though, they took it...he gave up because they didnt have much left to fight with, and if they kept fighting the only humans in Cyrodill would either be slaves, or dead...

I respect Emperor Mede...he has the common sense to know when to step down, plus it was time for the Empire to have someone else in charge...that will screw up the Thalmors plans so badly!

I really hope the DLC is about taking the fight to the Thalmor...

but yeah thats not the point of this thread

Edited by Scorch621

The one that really sticks out the most in my mind: I've been playing as a Khajiit Assassin lately but not the "I'll murder you just because I'm a badass" assassin but the type of assassin that holds to the old ways of honor and tradition. He assassinates individuals because there is honor in the art of assassination but I'm getting off topic. Anyway, I had just wrapped up a mission in Markarth and I was traveling (on-foot) to Whiterun. Well, over halfway to Whiterun, a bad mofo Ancient Dragon decides he wants chinese for lunch. So we engage in an epic battle. To this day, it was still a more difficult and epic battle than the one against Alduin. Anway, after about 15-20 solid minutes of combat, I emerge victorious. I'm bloody, beaten to a pulp, completely out of potions and poisons and I only have about 14 Dwarven Arrows left because all my Daedric ones were used against this one dragon. I absorb his soul and the music finally stops playing. I start walking again and I get about 7 steps, literally, down the road and I hear the roar of another Dragon. I look up and see ANOTHER Ancient Dragon coming down for some chinese. Well, I'm pretty much dead at this point anyway, so I say F*** THIS!!! and start sprinting as fast as I can for Fort Greymoor. I manage to keep ahead of the Dragon (barely) and I can finally see Fort Greymoor off in the distance and in my head I'm just screaming I'M GOING TO MAKE IT!!! I'M GONNA LIVE!!! And from behind the dragon just drops out of the sky right in front of me. So, blocked off from my escape route, half dead and out of potions. I decide, Screw it. I'm not going out like a b****. I pull out my Katana and get ready to make my final stand when all of a sudden out of nowhere a giant comes running up to me from the West and just completely destroys the dragon in about 2 hits.

Needless to say, I have a new found respect for Giants and refuse to harm them. Even to the point where I refuse to use Giant's Toes as Alchemy Ingredients.

After installing the dark ages Wars mod, I meet this stray dog who I saved from some random bandits cause you know, why not? He follows and I thought back to my last companion dog who was killed literally right outside of Markarth which was a damn shame 'cause that's where I bought him. Suffice to say I had very little in the way of expectation for this poor fellow. Once again outside Markarth and we get 2 ancient dragons come down as the music starts. I'm L52 with max destruction and conjuration so I figure I'm ok but the dog is roasted. I watched this dog charge in with my dremora lords and he's taking blast after blast full on of dragonfire. In the end, this greasy looking stray dog is happily parting as he sits between these 2 dragon corpses and blowing by goddam mind. I told him to go home after that; I really didn't want to push his luck and he'd done more than his fair share.