[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a tutorial on how to add a race. I think many people would like that. I currently added a race but only the head appears... no body at all, head is fine though. Anyone want to help by making a tutorial? I don't even need custom art I just want a new taller race of breton. but leave the regular bretons alone..

What I did was copy and pasted the "BretonRace" changed the new races name to what I want. left every thing else the same (for now just to see if it would work) and no body. Any help is appreciated. :)

There is a tutorial here for making a new race:

http://www.creationkit.com/Tutorial_Creating_a_Playable_Race

There is an easy step to miss (I was following this tutorial and still skipped it!). In the General Data section, under Copied Data, you need to set Morph Race to an existing race, the one you copied from most likely. Do this also for the Armor Race, unless you want to be naked all the time (I don't know if you'll encounter other errors).

Edited by WildElf

I'm having a major problem. EVERY time I save, the CK tells me that the file is in use, so I either create a new save or over-write a different previous save. Then, NONE of the stuff I've created and saved in "newsave" (for example) appears in the game. It also doesn't appear if I load in that specific data file. The only way to get all my stuff to re-appear in the CK is if I load multiple data files of my previous saved stuff. Am I just being a *censored* or is there a way round this very frustrating problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kebabyuchenko xxx

It's because the file is actually opened in Skyrim. Got to close your game session before you save. Simple.

I would like a tutorial on how to add a race. I think many people would like that. I currently added a race but only the head appears... no body at all, head is fine though. Anyone want to help by making a tutorial? I don't even need custom art I just want a new taller race of breton. but leave the regular bretons alone..

What I did was copy and pasted the "BretonRace" changed the new races name to what I want. left every thing else the same (for now just to see if it would work) and no body. Any help is appreciated. :)

There is a tutorial here for making a new race:

http://www.creationkit.com/Tutorial_Creating_a_Playable_Race

There is an easy step to miss (I was following this tutorial and still skipped it!). In the General Data section, under Copied Data, you need to set Morph Race to an existing race, the one you copied from most likely. Do this also for the Armor Race, unless you want to be naked all the time (I don't know if you'll encounter other errors).

Thanks and kudos this solved the problem.

Can anyone post a tutorial on merging meshes? I want to be able make textures transparent so I can mix and match armor pieces together. I've heard layering meshes can be done in nifskope alone, but I haven't found a decent guide.

I agree and it took me three days to figure out that i need FOMM just to be able to see the mesh files.... I need guidance...