THQ cancels all 2014 projects, is basically dead.

Halororor

ive never seen an episode of doctor who...only know one person who watches it lol

whats MLP?

that said. you kind of have to be living in a cave not to have heard of the commotion South Park caused with the whole Muslim fiasco they caused last year.

Edited by hoofhearted4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Who is a british science fiction TV program who's height was in the late 1960s and continued through until the 1980s, it's recently become exceedingly fashionable to watch the god-aweful new serieses. MLP is an american childrens program featuring... god knows what. For some inexplicable reason, it's wildly popular among certain demographics and a lot more popular among adults than children, for reasons that honestly defy any logic. The hideous, inexplicable pink ponies all over everything are the primary symptom of this bizaar phenomina. I suppose it just proves people really will do anything for fashion and attention. Edited by Vindekarr

i know of Doctor Who, but ive never seen it....and the one person i know who watches is is from England (well born in US, lived in England for 2 years, married, came back to US, and is just now moving back to England...but ya)

and i think MLP (i realized what it was after i looked it up....My Little Ponies) its popular cause its almost like an internet meme. its almost cool (or at least thats what ppl seem to think) if you say youve watched it. i honestly didnt know it was popular until i saw the uproar about it in FONV......its not like an MLP game or a Doctor Who game would fair any better then South Park would. not even close. i think the South Park game could be a nice little game. for fans of the series that is....like me.

people actually watch my little pony?! its a stupid internet meme i doubt people actually watch.

^this. lol its not even an internet meme really. if it was, id see it all over YouTube....and i dont, not even once actually....and im on YouTube, A LOT

Edited by hoofhearted4

I thought THQ were half decent. those UFC/WWE games and what not I always thought were relative cash cows, like Fifa or NFL games, where they can make one every year or 2 and the fanbase laps it up. :unsure:

And they have a bunch of other popular franchises and titles going. I have no idea what the hell is going on there. Have they sunk a ton of money into some flops lately or what?

Edited by Ghogiel

Sigh. No more Dawn of War.

How can a company that makes Saints Row go out of business? Must be very poorly run.

Well, Relic is one of the development houses waiting to be bought up. All we can hope for is that they get a decent publisher to buy them.

I wonder what this does to other games slated for release this year, like Darksiders 2 and the new Metro. Considering THQ is basically bankrupt, they probably can't support any further development, so would that mean the projects are put on hold until someone buys them out and can give funding again?

I thought THQ were half decent. those UFC/WWE games and what not I always thought were relative cash cows, like Fifa or NFL games, where they can make one every year or 2 and the fanbase laps it up. :unsure:

And they have a bunch of other popular franchises and titles going. I have no idea what the hell is going on there. Have they sunk a ton of money into some flops lately or what?

Personally I'm attributing it to poor sales in general and not enough focus on mainstream games. Their Dawn of War series, as an example, was rather good but catered to a very niche market. I remember them saying a few months back that Space Marine didn't sell near as well as they thought it would.

And then there was Saints Row The Third, which I found to be one of my favorite games of 2011, but it also didn't sell nearly as well as people thought. I think mostly due to the fact that a lot of people were put off by what they did with the DLC, like I originally was.

Overall, I think the revenue made from their cash cows like UFC and WWE couldn't cover support their other games. Having your stocks drop from $6 to $0.65 usually indicates that something is very wrong.

Edited by Halororor