[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

That did not fix my issue. The issue was that the quest was not advancing from my discussion with him - what is the importance of "buying the ale" for Atvir? What if the Ale has been modified (ala Imp's complex Needs), ect. After advancing THROUGH the quest with the console he joined and functions properly. I suppose I'll disable/enable mods to try and find the culprit.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm glad you managed to find a short-term solution to your problem.

I'll be interested to hear which mod was conflicting with AD - you say that it had to do with the ale? I can see that happening in mods that completely remove ale (the vanilla food item) from the game, and replace it with a potion or a new food item also called ale. The real needs mods that I've tried haven't conflicted, but I haven't tried Imps (is that what you were running?).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll update the readme and download page with the relevant info. I'll also give Ambarys (the cornerclub barkeeper) a unique drink for Atvir in the next update. That should resolve any conflicts from Needs mods.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Just wanted to mention that an updated version of the alpha (0.26) is now available, removing the potential for conflicts with real needs mods that some users were experiencing. Other small changes include improvements to Atvir's "horse mounting" mechanic and a slight tightening of the follow distance.

As always, you can download the mod by clicking on the logo in my signature.

Also, I wanted to welcome Viltuska to the AD dev team. Vil created the awesome Skyrim Sewers mod, and has volunteered to help develop dungeons for future AD content updates. Glad to have you on board, Viltuska!

Edited by JanusForbeare

I simply cannot get this to function. I disable all mods except for Atvir and Skyim and Update and the opening dialogue is still bugged, and another problem I have is I don't have access to any of his companion-based dialogue (follow, wait, trade) after I use the console to advance the quest. I'm dumbfounded. And yes, even though this should go without saying I have a legal, non-pirated version of Atvir. I'm using SKSE and ScriptDragon, I don't know if that could influence this in any way. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

@Stagger: I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems. I do have a few thoughts about your situation:

-Are you running the 0.25 version or the 0.26 version of Atvir? The update might work better from you.

-Another update will be coming out (probably today) to correct a minor audio-related mod conflict some users were experiencing. I doubt that you're being affected by it, but trying the 0.27 version couldn't hurt if 0.26 doesn't work.

-When you advance through the intro quest, how far do you advance? setstage JFADDialogueIntroStandard 10 (which advances you to the point where Atvir's accepted the drink) should be enough to avoid the problem you were having. Also, try Getstage JFADDialogueIntroStandard after using the console to advance, to make sure it worked.

-You won;t get Atvir's follower dialogue if you complete his quest via console - there's a whole host of Papyrus fragments that run off the last line of the intro quest., some of which add you to Atvir's follower faction.

-Sometimes uninstalling mods isn't enough, particularly if you're running off of an old save. If you make a new character, does he have the same problem? (save this for a last resort)

Edited by JanusForbeare

So I'm just very, very confused.

So am I. I'm running the same version of Atvir that you are (assuming you're running 0.26), and I don't have any problems progressing through the initial dialogue, nor do most other users so far.

Maybe the file was corrupted during download? If you remove Atvir.esp from your Skyrim/Data folder, and the folder Atvir.esp from the Skyrim/Data/Sound/Voice folder, and re-download the mod, does it help?

Also, I loathe to suggest this, but if your game has been heavily modded in the past, sometimes the best thing you can do is re-install Skyrim itself. Of course, that's a last resort, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Just wanted to mention that another quickfix update (0.27) went out today, which has the formerly loose .FUZ files packaged into a .BSA. This was done to avoid conflicts with voiced mods that contain .XWM or .WAV files, which the game engine cannot play in the same session as .FUZ files. Kudos to Emma (our saviour!) and her team of mod testers for bringing this to my attention.

The file is available for download through my signature below.

One very important note: users who are updating from the 0.25 or 0.26 versions are advised to delete the contents of their Data/Sound/Voice/Atvir.esp/JFADAtvirVoice folders before playing the 0.27 version. The game won't crash if you don't, but you may still get conflicts with XWM and WAV-based mods.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Okay, so, time for me to eat crow.

Matchstik23 messaged me and reported that he was also experiencing issues with Atvir's introductory dialogue. Thanks to his detailed account of the problem, I've managed to locate the culprit - a single mis-labelled script which escaped packaging into the archive. The issue has been corrected, and version 0.27 has been re-uploaded.

My sincere apologies to anyone affected by this oversight. I hope you'll all download the latest version of AD, and continue to support us as we work to bring you the highest-quality companion mod we can!