[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran the CK's "Create Archive" function and came up with a few more files (mostly automatically-generated scripts) which I had overlooked in previous versions - these scripts are created by Papyrus fragments, and are given names that are long strings of randomly generated characters. Since they didn't have the JFAD identifier that I use for all Atvir-related IDs, and I didn't package the mod as a .BSA, I neglected to include them up until now.

I'm 99% sure that this is the cause of the issues you've all been having - the elements of Atvir's quests and dialogue that aren't working for you are the parts that are dependent on Papyrus fragments. The newest version, 0.28, has all of these files included. Please let me know if this resolves your issues, and also please accept my apologies for any grief this has caused you over the past few days. This is my first time uploading a mod of this size, and clearly I'm a little rusty when it comes packaging things correctly. :sweat: That being said, I'm fairly certain that 0.28 will be as stable as the version I'm running here on my end.

Boethiah be praised!

@Stagger: Not a problem at all - thank you for your patience, especially doing a complete re-install chasing down a false lead. I feel pretty bad about that. I'm really glad we managed to solve this problem.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Atvir. Might I suggest that you change the "Summon Atvir" to a lesser power instead? And it might also be better to make it use the shout key. Just a thought, as some of us play strict warriors (at times) and it's nice to see no spells in the spellbook. Secondly, I do modding (comprehensive towns, NPC AI, Navmesh, interiors) under a different username (this is the account I feel comfortable looking like I don't know what I'm doing in) and if you need anything built like that I'd be happy to contribute. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I can show you some of the work I've done.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Atvir.

Glad to hear it! :)

Might I suggest that you change the "Summon Atvir" to a lesser power instead? And it might also be better to make it use the shout key. Just a thought, as some of us play strict warriors (at times) and it's nice to see no spells in the spellbook.

Interesting thought. I was originally planning on giving Atvir a "Summon Bellekynd" shout ("Bel-Le-Kynd") that summons the horse just out of sight, and gives it a short package, making it gallop up to Atvir. Due to time and resource constraints, I didn't institute that before the alpha release, but I'm still considering it. I'll look into converting "Call Atvir" into a shout as well, though I can't guarantee a delivery date yet.

Secondly, I do modding (comprehensive towns, NPC AI, Navmesh, interiors) under a different username (this is the account I feel comfortable looking like I don't know what I'm doing in) and if you need anything built like that I'd be happy to contribute. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I can show you some of the work I've done.

I'd be happy to PM you and take a look at some of your work. At the moment, we only have openings for voice actors, but as we rev up to tackle more content updates, there will be an increased call for cell designers. I'll keep your name nearby in anticipation of that day - in the meantime, expect a PM shortly!

Thanks Stagger, and all of you, for your continued support!

Edited by JanusForbeare

This is amazing. I love him.

I'd like to see him interact with other companions like Meeko etc. Early days

I've been waiting for someone to come along and make a real companion.

I was quite Sad to hear that llamaRCA wasn't likely to make another Willow. I need someone I can talk to and who makes themselves heard as I venture about.

Thank you for this.

My pleasure, I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying his company! You must have a thick skin, he can be a bit of jerk sometimes. ;)

There are definitely plans to expand interaction with other companions, both vanilla and modded, in the future. Also, I'm not sure how secret this is (not very, I think), but I hear that the great, great, great grand-daughter of a certain Nord alchemist is on her way to Skyrim. You know how rumors are, though. ;)

Also, this seems like a good time to make a couple of quick announcements:

1) I've got a tentative override for the outfit system working for Atvir. What does this mean for you? Well, it means that the next update will give you much greater control over what your companion wears, be it armor, jewellery, or clothing. He will also keep wearing the clothes you assign him under most circumstances (though I haven't yet been able to stop him from reverting entirely).

2) I am considering pulling and re-posting the mod sometime in the near future. As you may have noticed, comments are disabled on the mod page - not by choice, I assure you. When I created the page, I initially disabled comments while I prepared for the release, with the intention of re-enabling them in the future. However, once the time came for the release, I discovered that disabling comments during the creation of a mod page is a permanent decision. I've contacted the admin about this, but until they decide to change the Nexus' coding, it doesn't look like a fix is forthcoming. I will of course post the link to the new page on this thread.

3) For those who might not have seen this on our website:

Here's a quick breakdown of our plans for the next couple of updates (not necessarily in order of release):

COSMETIC OVERHAUL

-New skin for Atvir

-Custom weapons (sabre and double-bladed knife)

-Custom armour for Atvir

-Audio polishing on previous versions' voice files

-Custom hair (possible)

-Custom eyes (possible)

CONTENT UPDATE #1: ATVIR EXPANDED

-Quest: “A Friend of a Friend” added (with black market contact)

-“Read to me” dialogue option (number of books limited at this stage)

-“Did I ever tell you about the time” dialogue option expanded

-“Let’s talk about our other companions” dialogue option expanded

-Additional banter, combat, and greeting lines

-Tactical orders added

I have to say I am absolutely SMITTEN with Atvir. :wub: You all have more than "gotten off on the right foot". The voice is wonderful and suits him very well I think. The only complaint I have - well it seems you lot are going to fix it with the "-Audio polishing on previous versions' voice files" announcement. I am so excited, I am going to be poised to pounce on the next updates!

I do have one small bug/conflict I found but I don't know in what, if any, manner you're taking in bug reports - also it involves another mod. I thought it wise to inform both parties. :D