[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

No, there are no required mods for AD. Adding Atvir to your party through the console would be a little complicated, but it should be possible. I'll look into it and post the steps soon.

In the meantime, please send me your mod list, when you get a chance. Also, you might want to try uninstalling 0.295 and installing 0.28. I know for a fact that 0.295 works on other people's computers, but the problem you're having (whether a conflict or something else) might not be present in earlier versions.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any conflicts with Ultimate Follower Overhaul? I attempted to install, and I found AD tried to overwrite scripts/source/favordialoguescript.psc.

There aren't any conflicts, although that does sound like something I missed during cleaning (as far as I recall, no changes were made to that script). I would advise you to not overwrite that one, but it probably won't be game breaking if you do. UFO doesn't make any changes to that script either, from what I can tell.

I *love* the depth and scope of this character. I've always hated how one dimensional the usual followers are and how you kind of have to imagine a personality and story for them. I downloaded this one immediately and put him in my game and was laughing loudly from just the intro dialogue when I tested him out with my Nord and his party of elf followers. Very nice. I'll be sending my dark elf necromancer woman to Windhelm as soon as my plot allows. Thank you! I can't wait for the updates. I hope we see more followers detailed out like this start popping up around the Nexus. This is now one of my essential mods. Edited by eternalautumn

@eternalautumn: Glad to hear it! We're all hard at work getting the Cosmetic Overhaul and first Content Update ready for release. Be sure to watch this thread and track the file to make certain that you get future updates as soon as possible.

Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to mention that I've been talking to a professional composer/musician about writing 2-3 unique songs for AD. Currently we're looking at adding a character theme for Atvir and a piano-based "party dialogue" song (inspired by some of the popular piano pieces from the Final Fantasy series, such as

.) Edited by JanusForbeare

Just love to say, LOVE IT! Spoke to him for the first time BUUUUUUT he speaks to me as if I am a non Dunmer in which I am!

i am a male Dunmer but he speaks like I am a nord?

Is that suppost to happen or is there not a race reconision part yet?

@nofear88: I actually mention that in FAQ I included in the readme file. Currently, Atvir does use player race recognition for some of his banter dialogue, but his introduction and companionship dialogue is standardized for all races. The scripts have been written for his interactions with Argonian and most Dunmer players, but I haven't recorded the lines yet. However, they will be included in the first Content Update.

@Calfurius: Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying AD.

Endoresed!! I've been waiting for a follower mod like this!! Reminds me of Ruined Tail and Vilja. Honestly, though...I was sold at "by Azura's tits" hahaha. I love this guy.

I do have a few suggestions or thoughts, since this appears to be in the beta stages, if you wouldn't mind.

I use Convenient Horses, which is a flawless and incredible mod that makes riding horses with followers absolutely seamless. If you're not familiar with it, you might want to take a look at it as it really is a much more convenient way of riding horses with companions. The way Atvir is set up to ride horses becomes a bit repetitive having to open dialogue to tell him to get off his horse or get on the horse. In fact, one time after he got off his horse for a battle, he remounted automatically...except he remounted my horse. If I dismiss him while he is on his horse he just sits there. If I enter a city while he is on his horse, he doesn't follow, he just stays on his horse.

Some ideas I have is a "voice command" lesser power that is used to summon him, or give him basic commands. A "use torch" command would be kind of cool.

Love everything else so far...best follower on Skyrim!