Maharg67

:laugh: :devil: :devil: :laugh: :cool:

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FME: 1.23.1[23.1]

The DocTARDIS easily picked up the approaching five androids because they used a special device, as provided by the Wanderer, to alert DocTARDISmind to their being there.

The androids stood in the big command chamber with Chimerro, Dazanne the Timelordite, Jasmine and Talmine, a newly created clonesister to Jasmine. Two TARDISorbs hovered close at hand as if on guard duty but also being ready to serve anybody.

DocTARDISmind spoke. “The Doctor, and Suzanne, are busy in the DocTARDIScore carrying out a very important task that I am unable to discuss in any real detail. Time passes faster inside the DocTARDIScore than it does in most of the DocTARDIS so they should be back soon even if they take some time there.”

Jasmine snorted. “Your last statement is not truly logical.”

DocTARDISmind: “You are picky! I was just trying to give you reassurance and what I said was rather logical. I have discovered a way that four living individuals, and eight non living ones, could be sent safely back into TechVault101 proper with out compromising security. That is even with the threat of the outsiders. If you must go, that is the best way to do so.”

The big ginger cat strolled up to the others and sat down on her haunches. She began to casually groom herself.

Jasmine nodded. “What is that way?”

DocTARDISmind: “I will not discuss the method with you, as it is classified, unless it becomes necessary to use it. I could not do so, even if I wanted to, thanks to my programming-conditioning. I advise that you keep preparing an expeditionary group while I attempt to improve the suggested mode of escape so that more lifeforms, and nonlifeforms, can be sent.”

FME: 1.23.2[23.2]

Jasmine turned to the android leader. “What do you know about what is really going on in TechVault101?”

The android responded. “I am Andiefree001. It is not much of a name but we will work on them. We know officially know nothing and that was no accident. At least so is the theory. We suspect that this is not the real ServoVault101 of the real TechVault101.”

Andiefree001: “Whether it was truly accidental, or not, we have gained bits of stray data when uploading past instructions from our former masters in this vault. We suspect that it is connected to the real TechVault101 and that instead of serving the real TechVault101 that it actually serves some kind of secret vault area.”

Andiefree001: “Those who live-work here really do keep this place running but for the good of those who have been running an experiment upon you and, more heavily, upon others. We know that there is the Isolationism Research Development Program 101 that is made up of many Isolationism Research Development Projects marked 101/A, 101/B and so on.”

Jasmine frowned. “Is that why our environment is so bleak?”

The android shook his head. “We suspect that the real ServoVault101 is just as bare but is quite larger with a much bigger population. We did only get fragments of extra data though they were fairly large; they beg more questions than they answer.”

Alarms chimed before being quickly turned off.

DocTARDISmind: “That was another probing attack on the DocTARDIS by what are partly Timelordic technologies. It could be the Rani at work but there are other rogue Timelords that could be responsible. The attack was deflected but I easily compute that others will come.”

Which was when a strange lurching sensation went through the DocTARDIS and it dematerialised as DocTARDISmind activated its emergency escape programs. The chamber that it dematerialised in was not empty for there stood a moment a terrible shadowy thing that was very hard to define with eyes or minds.

Edited by Maharg67

:geek: :ermm: :down: :thumbsup: :tongue:

Edited by Maharg67

ME: 1.24.1[24.1]

In the growing darkness of the DCWastelands there was trouble but that was hardly new or unique. Yet one of the two threats, facing each other, was not typical of the Wastelands.

Clawdragons came from such as deathclaws, or so most Wastelanders believed, but the Wanderer knew better. Clawdragons were like flying versions of deathclaws, as wingclaws were, but bigger, more lethal, with some nasty extra tricks. Like the varied types of clawbeasts, dragons had come through a transdimensional rift caused by exotic, experimental, unstable technologies triggered on Doomsday. Other things had come through on that day.

The Wanderer squatted in the shade of a smartconcrete building as clawdragons circles overhead. They were agitated because something dangerous was too close to their communal nest, their nest and hatchlings, for their liking. Clawbeasts lived with, worked with, the clawdragons.

The Wanderer held his tall wooden staff, at least it looked like wood, tipped by a glowing crystal. From it shot a pulse of glowing yellow-white energies, vanishing quickly towards the nest and the monstrous evil threatening it.

The sounds, smells, other effects of the Wastelands were an amazing pattern of intertwining impressions, a patchwork with areas often having their own distinct patterns. The local one, there in former District of Columbia, was quite unique with some disturbing extras to it. To those, like the Wanderer, there was obviously an increasing intensity of that 'disturbance' as powerful forces gathered in the DCWastelands but they were drawn there largely by what had existed there since Doomsday.

Something screamed out in alien sounding fear and pain. The lightburner pulse had struck it, causing it both damage and pain. The Wanderer sent another lightburner pulse, carefully calculating so as not to do too much harm while doing enough to drive the entity off.

It was the deformed victim of a monstrous entity that was itself a victim. Then the thing came into view, the blended abomination of a deathclaw and a megamoth supermutant or so it looked to be; the deathemoth three back its great deathclaw like head, opened its jaws to expose rows of huge fangs, and howled out its rage. It had come seeking that which had attacked it, going where the brightly glowing lightburner pulses had come from. The Wanderer had meant for this to happen.

The deathemoth saw the Wanderer and charged, great claws extending out as the deformed humanoid thundered across the area dotted with crumbling bits of building, clumps of tough radgrass and some chunks of machinery that it easily kicked to one side.

From the Wanderer's staff spat a thin pulsebeam. Abruptly the abomination halted, frozen in status, as a shimmering energy field enveloped it. For a few seconds it remained there, even as the pulsebeam did, but then both vanished away.

FME: 1.24.2[24.2]

The Wanderer turned to look at the curious form of the Mysterious Stranger, also known as MrWalker. In his suit he was known as the Phantom or the GhostWhoWalks. He was dressed like a 1940s American private detective.

The Mysterious Stranger smiled coolly. “So, the Wanderer wanders our way once more. I got the message in the Skull Caverns and the resources, for my people, arrived as you promised that they would. I have encountered supermutants before, and big clawbeasts, but that was something new for me.”

The Wanderer responded. “Fools have been playing at being God yet again. The renegade criminal Timelord, the Rani, is involved but so are the Genneg. The 1Gen1 is here!”

MrWalker responded coolly. “That is far from welcome news. The 1Gen1 is here and so here are you. Who else has shown up?”

Wanderer: “The Timelord known as DocWho or just the 'Doctor'.”

MrWalker: “I have heard of him but have never met him. Where did the abomination come from?”

Wanderer: “That is a question that I am still trying to find the answer to but it is linked with TechVault101 as it really is, not as it officially is. I suspect that there is a real TechVault101 proper and that unofficial vaults are linked with it. I wish to introduce you to the local clawdragon queen for I wish to persuade her to move her nest to a safer, less disturbing location, which will mean bribery with a goodly amount of clawdragon type resources.”

MrWalker: “This will be quite fascinating to observe.”

It turned out to be an easy task for the nest had been increasingly bothered by close encounters of which the abominations were but a small percentage. Power armoured humans, supermutants, raiders from off the east coast, heavily armoured-armed gangers, big game hunters from TenPenny Towers and other threats had been increasingly present. With surprising speed, and efficiency, the whole lot of clawdragons, and other creatures that dwelt with them, were gone.

The Mysterious Stranger staid in the area, watching some BGHs arrived from 10PT where the richies dwelt in secured luxurious, by Wastelands standards, comfort while being served and guarded by many underlings and robots.

With the BGHs came two young arrogant dandies with big fancy hunting-rifles. MrWalker soon had the whole group leaving the area in a big hurry, the dandies having learned a valuable lesson about their limitations and the real dangers of the Wastelands.

Edited by Maharg67

FME: 1.25.1[25.1]

The Doctor, and Suzanne, waded knee deep through a heavy writhing fog through which darted glowing flashes of yellow, white or red. The fog, itself, that was not truly fog, expressed all of these colours and more.

The hallway was opening up yet again as the pair carefully pushed aside coils of glittering silvery cable hanging from a pitch black ceiling. The walls were, surprisingly enough, standard ones for the DocTARDIS and that alone made them seem odd there.

Then they were in her 'studio', were looking a massive sculpture-paintings floating in the air as they were ever shifting-changing 4D-artworks. The artist was easy enough to spot as she was a seminaked youthful woman lying prone on-in a big curious appearing couch. The piece of furniture floated just above the marble tile floor. DocTARDISorbs moved around the chamber, or hovered, or were in their own kind of bays.

Losoona was sleeping but awoke as the newcomers entered one of her studio-galleries. She sat up with her cut away golden silken Gallifreyan robe type garb leaving her left breast exposed and going only a third way down to the knees. She could easily have been Suzanne's mother by her appearance.

She spoke tiredly, eloquently. “The painting is there, yes over there, if you dare look at it.”

In swirling, ever changing, 3D patterns holographic style images appeared, changed and vanished. There were views of TechVault101, the DocTARDIS from both internally and externally.

There were flashes of Gallifrey, the city of London where the TARDIS gained its police telephone box appearance. Most of it was of the fake ServoVault101 and an unknown type vault that was generally the same but with multiple small, important, differences.

Then there were the flashes of disturbing blood red splashed pitch blackness and dull greyness. There were also glowing flashes of whiteness and one bobbing rainbow one. There were glimpses of multiple entities including a few that the Doctor knew well and not all were welcome sights.

The Doctor frowned. “Dalekata, Cybermarna and Massmarkia from the WarWorld also known as Skaro that are all monstrously evil. Thals, Kaleds and Spiritens from the same who are far more welcome. Related to the Thals are the massmans, related to the Kaleds are the daleks and related to the Spiritens are the cybermen. Indeed all departed from Skaro except for small enclaves. Most of Skaro is of a kind of Wastelands just as bad as the Wastelands of this world and also caused by a terrible war. Skaro is an Alternative Earth to this one.”

The Timelords found the '4D painting' disturbing to look at but less so than mortal humans would have done.

The more that they looked at it, the more that they saw.

FME: 1.25.2[25.2]

They heard, felt, the ancient booming tones of alarm coming from the DocTARDISmind's deep subconscious core. Then they felt the DocTARDIS make an emergency dematerialisation.

Losoona had fallen back to sleep and did not even stir a little at the emergency.

DocTARDISmind: “Normally I would not talk to you in this horrible place but the time has come to change that. We have rematerialised in a large chamber where there are many humans along with a few robots. They need our assistance.”

Suzanne: “What caused you to make the DocTARDIS make an emergency dematerialisation?”

DocTARDISmind: “The darkest dark entity glimpsed in that rather troubling artwork being the same entity that Lasanna encountered here in the DocTARDIScore and which she defeated in a battle that cost her greatly. When that confrontation took place, you were not in the DocTARDIS and this TARDIS was inside this very TechVault101 but perhaps not in this fake ServoVault101. I remember assisting Lasanna and being attacked by the evil anomaly.”

The Doctor nodded. “Thank you, my sweet, for daring to confront your inner nightmares to give this vital information. There is much to do.”

DocTARDISmind: “One of you will need to go and talk to Lalsata next for she had been compiling what one might call a set of 4D memoirs related to what took place and to multiple other matters.”

Plans were made and were soon being carried out.

Edited by Maharg67

FME: 1.26.1[26.1]

Around the DocTARDIS swirled a misty substance that was moving down the sloping metallic tunnel; it was only of moderate steepness in its tilt. The environment almost looked like a part of any standard TechVault except the colouration was different as were many minor details. Then there were some pronounced oddities such as transparent tubes running horizontally along both walls along which ran purple-green tinged water; along these fairly big tubes came, at times, strange tadpole like creatures flicking their tails to drive themselves along even faster than the currents would otherwise take them.

The DocTARDIS had emergency rematerialised there but only seconds later it dematerialised again but for good reason.

The great boulder, of glowing purple-green-black substances, rolled down the tunnel and right through the area where the amazing Timelord transport had been. The great ball filled up most of the space as it came rolling down through the slowly flowing misty substance. Then it was gone out of sight.

FME: 1.27.1[27.1]

Jasmine gave the dull silvery metallic, softly glowing, cube a dubious look. It was big enough, and otherwise able, to carry five adult humans/androids and four K9 robots along with a fair amount of gear. Then she gave an internal shrug. It was the best that the DocTARDISmind could do, under the circumstances, so it would have to do.

The quasiTARDIS was double bigger inside than outside and would be transported, by the true TARDIS, to its destination where it would become a much smaller version of itself after emptied. It would continue to be of limited usefulness in that state. Under the right conditions the quasiTARDIS would be returned to its full form and be used to return to the DocTARDIS.

DocTARDISmind: "I suggest that you take two K9 robots along with both your claptrap robots."

Jasmine nodded. "At least two Exterminators will be remaining in the DocTARDIS for now."

DocTARDISmind: "The sick one and the medic, who does not kill, yes of course."

The big ginger cat came up and gave Jasmine the privilege of holding the feline in her arms. The young woman found herself feeling more at peace and she began to come up with new ideas about the mission that would soon be starting.

Edited by Maharg67

FME: 1.28.1[28.1]

Amata aimed, and fired, her autorifle so that a burst of three bullets struck a roachman and killed her. The distorted figure fell, in her strange body-armour, and dropped her own gun. Superroaches were coming on fast, and hard, in waves as the Exterminators kept up a stead shooting. Arrows were shot by archers, bullets by gunners and also lasers. There were relatively few laserguns in ServoVault101. The attackers were being brought to a halt but already they had pushed the defenders back twice.

At least this time the new overseer was sending reinforcements, including more robots, along with more equipment-supplies. Vaultfolk were waking up to just how great the threat was to all in ServoVault101. Bolt-action rifles were being used with deadly effect. Hand-grenades were being carefully thrown.

Five defenders had died and two were badly wounded. The attackers would fall back, seemingly greatly reduced in numbers, and new waves would come rushing forward.

Suddenly, Jasmine was there in power armour and was hammering away with a powerful minigun, barrels spinning as it sprayed the enemy with hundreds of bullets. The last of the enemy turned and fled, dragging along their wounded with them. Then the attack was over!

Amata looked at Jasmine, at those with her being both Exterminators, including two claptrap robots, that she knew and the Timelordite plus three K9 robots. "Five are dead and two are badly wounded but it is good to see you; just where have you been?"

Jasmine smiled at her life long friend. "I am not sure you would believe me."

Amata smiled back. "Looking at your new friends, I think that I would."

Jasmine nodded. "The dead can be quasiressurected and the wounded healed but we must get to them as quickly as possible."

Then she turned to greet other Exterminators, most of which she knew, along with non Exterminators who had come with the search-rescue party. Amata was one of them!

So it was that Jasmine told all there, apart from those who had come with her from the DocTARDIS, of how that ServoVault101 was not the real ServoVault101. Understandably enough not all were ready to believe in what she said for it threatened to turn their whole existence on its head. Yet after a while all came to believe, thanks to proof she had brought with her; resistance changed to shock and shock became anger at the way that so many vaultfolk had been deceived, manipulated and exploited.

Edited by Maharg67

:down: :dry: :cool: :turned: :smile:

Edited by Maharg67

FME: 1.29.1[29.1]

Agnes Taylor threaded along tunnels, of a maze beneath the normal level of ServoVault101 that was turning out to be a fake. A dead body, one of a scattered few humans in jumpsuits, had been holding a document satchel that held in it some highly classified, and damning, papers. Except that the documents only gave limited information to what had been going on there.

There was the shallow isolation research development program of people being isolated, in TechVault101, from ever leaving no matter how long passed. There was another program to do with what was known as the IsoVault101 that sounded chilling. Yet something else, the Totality Isolation Program, seemed somehow to be far worse than even that. Other programs, also with many projects, were listed but not really spoken of. The documents were suspiciously like those of somebody investigating the vault.

Taylor spoke to her husband, of a security officer. "Out in the Wastelands there was a troubling sense of desolation, of hidden horrors, and now I sense 'hidden horrors'."

Oversized roaches had only been mentioned in the documents as one of a list of possible extra pressures to be put on test subjects in order to throw variables into the research. Along with radroaches were other oversized insects, rogue robots, flooding, fumes, hallucinogenic gas and moving maze like features causing confusion. In that network, of chambers and tunnels, were found mostly storerooms full largely of clutter dumped there, semiuseful equipment-supplies and some quite odd stuff.

Lieutenant Harold Taylor frowned. "Agnes, I know that new treatment fixed up your heart, a good deal, thanks to that professor who was born outside of the vault, but you still need to take care of that heart of yours."

Agnes smiled at her husband who could be overbearing at times even if he meant well. He was in a full security guard outfit including body-armour and had a big-powerful caseless cartridge using autopistol. There was a sergeant, a corporal and three constables there who were also of TechVault101 Security; except that, of course, that was not truly the case.

She smiled at him. "Thank you, dear! Professor James Anderson accidentally let it slip, while he was treating me with the assistance of Doctor Jonas Palmer, that he was born in another vault; he refused to tell me more and I got the impression that it was something that he never wanted to even think about. Perhaps it was no accident that he came here and was allowed to live here by a past PrimeOverseer."

Harold frowned. "Vault born, or not, he is still an outsider and I don't trust either him or that daughter of his."

Agnes suppressed a desire to hit her husband with the electric shockbaton that she carried. Trouble was he merely reflected the view of over half of the vaultfolk in that false ServoVault101. They did not even know if there was more than one fake ServoVault101.

Three other humans were there being a Supervisor, his assistant and his bodyguard geared up like a security guard. Two vaultdroids, basic androids, and two vaultbots moved with them.

Supervisor Aldiwin Hanz Koch spoke. "The new overseer wants all resources listed in such a way as to make them more easily sorted later but I think there should be no harm in taking a few items for ourselves."

Harold snapped. "Say anything like that, again, you corrupt fool and I will shoot you."

Aldiwin shrugged. "Your loss! I will take a few items for the boys and myself."

Then Harold's wife spoke. "You try to take anything and I will stick this shockbaton up your arse."

Aldiwin scowled and then shrugged again but he said nothing more; this was literally true for he abruptly fell over and what was soon revealed was a neat bullet hole in his forehead. Yet there was no sign of any shooters, of any kind including some kind of concealed turret, and no more shots followed.

FME: 1.29.2[29.2]

A robot carried the dead supervisor, in a thin but strong bodybag. The bodybags were there because of the prior discovery of bodies in the network.

Then they found the big chamber and in it a shocking surprise. The very big tank centered machine was some kind of incubator and inside the transparent tank were young radroaches. They scuttled around the place, fed from automatic devices or drank pristine water from others. There were over a dozen of them. One area was dotted with obstacles where the smallest radroaches could seek refuge from the bigger ones so as not to be eaten. The big shock was that inside the tank was the skeletal remains of a human, or so it seemed, that had been devoured by radroaches in the past. It seemed that somebody had wanted the radroaches to have garnered a taste for human flesh or was there more to it than that?

The place was robotically cleaned but there were some patches of dirt indicating that nobody living had been there for a while.

Harold scowled. "We should kill them right now!"

Agnes shook her head. "No! There is too good a chance that the machine has been booby trapped. The Vaultgov will also want there to be a close investigation done of the chamber and the machine."

There were some autorobotic workbenches and one, more sophisticated, workshop. Then there was a NukaCola vending-machine that still had a couple of drink bottles in it of standard NukaCola. In one corner was a kind of kitchenette, dining area, set up.

Thankfully there were no more bodies in that chamber.

They sat and had some of the okay tasting coffee there, sometimes having it with canned condensed milk and-or boxcanned biscuits. They updated floor layout maps of the network using piptablets and pipboys. Noted down were doors that had proven to unlocked, locked but openable and firmly locked so as to be unopenable.

There were the 20 suspect vaulttrons in one chamber that could be deeply programmed to go rogue after being put to use. Then there was the armoury of exotic devices, some of them weapons, having been apparently designed for a special task. There was another big chamber about a third full of oddly adapted standard hardware and firmware.

Edited by Maharg67