502 Bad Gateway errors

Rabbit1251

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been experiencing the same 502 problems. They do need to be remedied because it can't be encouraging to people who, you know, pay for memberships to the site, and these problems are the reason why I have abstained from going premium. I'm not thrilled about paying for something only to find myself unable to use it. That being said I'm more than happy with the site when it's working, gotten plenty of awesome mods for Skyrim and Oblivion over the years, I can't play vanilla anything anymore xD

I've been experiencing the same 502 problems. They do need to be remedied because it can't be encouraging to people who, you know, pay for memberships to the site, and these problems are the reason why I have abstained from going premium. I'm not thrilled about paying for something only to find myself unable to use it. That being said I'm more than happy with the site when it's working, gotten plenty of awesome mods for Skyrim and Oblivion over the years, I can't play vanilla anything anymore xD

couldnt have said it better myself

I think the best remedy here is that NMM just needs an independent server. Combining NMM and site traffic together is causing all these 502 problems as we now know. If NMM was updated to use its own independent server that uses daily updates, be it manual or automatic, and on a completely different pipeline that doesn't interfere with the Nexus site network, the problems would go away. It may be somewhat inefficient cost- and resource-wise, but until whatever networking problems it is causing are ironed out it should probably be isolated to its own network for the time being.