502 Bad Gateway errors

Rabbit1251

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was trying to use skyrim nexus for the last hour, cause I reinstalled windows etc pp. 80 percent of the time I got "502 - Bad Gateway"-Errors. It's horrible today. Did this a few weeks ago about the same time and same amount of page loads, but it was just like...5 percent(?) of the time that I got that error.

I tried to reduce the amount of pages I open simultaneously (from 10 to 2), but things got worse over time anyway. Opening a page on skyrim nexus was impossible for the last 10min.

I'm just curious if it's us users who bring the server down with the amount of requests, or if it's the server itself (hardware- /connection-issues).

Look at the post above according to Dark0ne its a DOS attack though I'm sure all the people going to the skyrim page slow it down some.

from Tunisia, i get 502 95% of time for last few days. Maybe i try in wrong time..

I wonder..could it be Steam-DOS? as they have Steam Workshop..

If any company tried pulling a stunt like that and got found out they'd be ruined, so no - I don't think Valve would resort to that sort of thing.