We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

In response to post #51645852.

ScrollTron1c wrote: Definitely looking forward to this.

MO was a huge revolution for Skyrim, unfortunately it doesn't work properly under Win10 (programs like Bodyslide not using the Overwrite folder for some reason) and MO2 seems too unfinished for stable use in FO4 / SSE.

So right now i'm back to using NMM in FO4, and besides the mod un/installation being painfully slow compared to MO - there still are the mentioned problems with uninstalled files either not being deleted at all, or not being restored properly when uninstalling an overwriting mod.

A Lot of people keep flipping back n forth between the two. They need to make one good one :P

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like if possible a merge icon , bash patch , Auto SKSE script cleaner , I now use GOM .com via its settings , they so improved my games. the other if possible when games suddenly go to desktop can that be fixed instead of having to press alt control delete to bring up windows task manager to continue game play. A search bar would be help. ( PS ) Nvidia have released a patch in their driver latest up date that fixes Bethesda games stutter , works very well on Skyrin original have not tried it on SSE or Fallout yet .I will not play games with out using Beth ini, tedit, skse, bash patch, PTD wrapper , using note book for my saves , c++ notebook , save tool , Also an auto update that will delete old mods when updating to the new version would be help full . Thank you all .

In response to post #51673207.

Tehmedic101 wrote: I'm sure you guys are putting in tons of work onto the project, just wondering though are we any closer to a solid ETA? Or any chance for a follow up discussing were you guys are currently at? Thanks :)

Seconded

In response to post #51673207. #51805567 is also a reply to the same post.

Tehmedic101 wrote: I'm sure you guys are putting in tons of work onto the project, just wondering though are we any closer to a solid ETA? Or any chance for a follow up discussing were you guys are currently at? Thanks :)
Reidlos wrote: Seconded

According to the last part of the interview it looks like they're hoping to release a public alpha sometime between August and October.

Cannot wait for the new manager. I had to rebuild my PC recently and a new copy of NMM had to be installed over the footprint of the old, which wiped out all my profiles even though nothing changed. Ugh! All my mod info lost!

Having a tool that can rebuild that profile simply by seeing what is in my directories is a godsend.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm actually waiting to play Skyrim Special edition just to be able to mod it with Vortex. I thought that by then there should be enough new mods out and I would not have to bother with Bethesda's own system.. ^^ Gonna be fun testing the public alpha, hopefully it will be released by October. October is always Skyrim month for me! ^^