We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

Okay...I was just kidding about the logo'd blazer and Beta tester Magazine subscription...really, I just need the link. Now. Or , tomorrow, because, uh, I really need it. Thank you folks for what you do. I was just stopping by to check in and say hello. Sending positive thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been roughly *edit* 4 months, would love to hear if there's a new potential timeline for this. MO was fine for Skyrim, never had too much trouble with NMM except for randomly crashing and not actually removing things like I told it, but for SE MO2 isn't working well and NMM isn't seeming to be much better. Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

In response to post #52383093.

Bonechip wrote:

Feature Requests. These may have been requested before, but they are on my wishlist :thumbsup:

1) Website - There are many cases where when you do a "Files/New Recently" and see a mod you have installed, but the mod was not updated. It was actually just a Mod Description update.

• Solution: Give us the option to exclude Mod Description only updates from "Files/New Recently".

2) Website - When perusing, there is nothing to denote you have a particular mod installed.

• Solution: Show (via icon, etc) that you have that mod installed. Also show what version of that mod you have installed (ie: next to the mod's latest version number).

3) On the Manager itself:

• Highlight entire row when there is a new mod version available after you run a "check for mod update".
  • Add the ability to be able to rearrange the columns as you wish.
  • Remember column widths when you adjust them.
  • Add the ability to hide/show columns (ex: Hide the Download ID column if you want)
  • Separate columns for "Online Version" and "Installed Version" for the mods you have installed.

4) Make it mandatory to change the version number when adding a new/updated mod. There are cases where mod authors upload a new version of a mod, but leave the version number the same. According to the manager, it does not see the new version on a "check for mod update" because the version number did not change.

:smile:

i agree with all that he has said but want to add some.
1: create a standard version scemeing for mods. tired of a mod having a date for the version and MO not being sure whether there is a newer version because of one being not universal.

2: if there are multiple downloads in the main files section than if one is updated than the version is updated for the rest because of if you get Main File B but Main File A has been updated to new version than MO believes that Main A is the most recent update for what you use even though you use a different main file...or require a FOMOD all-in-one package if there are multiple main files.

In response to post #52419873.

Ethreon wrote:

Is it possible for vortex to install files that need to be installed outside data directory like script extender or enb/reshade files? It would be handy to switch enb without manually delete files or using tools such as enb manager or something like that.

Please no. That's not a feature any mod manager should have.

I disagree. Because the ENB files are hosted on Nexus a lot, and now a lot of people are including a special .exe with an auto-installing mod, I feel that I more robust approach to handling mod files is required.

Limiting files to a "data" folder really only functions well in games which there is one localized folder containing all mod files, but not all games do that.

Honestly, a new mod manager should have access to the root folder of the game, for many mods that require it. Mods like the HRTF sound plugin would benefit from access to your root folder, and having a manager to handle mods that change the root folder would allow the user to return that folder to a clean slate if they purge their files.

Also, take note of what they stated. They want to be more than a mod manager.

The ability to manage wrappers and plugins would also benefit a range of software that is plugged into games. Reshade, GTAV's mod plugins, Skyrim Script Extender, Fallout 4 Script Extender. Imagine a mod manager with built in compatibility for Skyrim Script Extender, and automatically updates the script extender or notifies you if your current executable version isn't compatible with the script extender.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been putting off rebuilding Skyrim for about six months to take advantage of the new capabilities of VORTEX. I would like to get a copy as soon as possible.

If it would be useful for an average experienced Skyrim gamer to provide feedback to your alpha release, please consider my request to participate in the alpha testing.

I understand you are barraged with similar requests and the only thing I have to offer is the uncanny ability to prove an app is not fool-proof.

At the very least, please let me know how much longer we need to wait for a public release of Vortex.

Thank you for any consideration you may give my request.

Edited by ThD17gj692

While trying to find a Mod Manager to work an play well with Xcom2 War of the Chosen,

I stumbled onto this Thread, Not enough Said about VORTEX on the Nexus,

Especially a Release Countdown Timer.

Those working on this Need More Attention, Praise, and Help. Ya got +100 Votes from me.

Not being a programmer, and pulling my hair, just trying to get Mods to work.

I need to ask, why not use a Virtual Hard Disk like what "DAEMON Tools" uses,

to put all the Programs, Files, and Directories Needed for both Vortex, and each Game to be Modded?

Then just save a copy of the ISO wherever for a Backup.

Last but not least, if you need a virtual Noob, as a tester, I am willing to try.

And Please give us a ET for a public release of Vortex.

Thank You for all your work and Time, for the Benefit of us Gamers

I stumbled onto this Thread, Not enough Said about VORTEX on the Nexus,

Especially a Release Countdown Timer.

It's already been explained it will be released when it's ready.

To be fair, it's been a year. Not really a surprise that people are keen to get more than "it'll be ready when it's ready".