Paid modding is back

Hexxagone

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the hundred of thousands of copies of Skyrim Bethesda have sold on all platforms including DLC over the last few years, haven't they made enough money out of an old game? Shouldn't they concentrate on a Skyrim sequel?

They are using Skyrim as a testing ground. If the creation club is profitable and the community are happy with it, then most likely a polished version will appear in the next Elder Scrolls/Fallout game from the very start. I doubt the creation club is taking many staff away from work on the sequels either.

EDIT: After more time to think about it, if the sequel does have creation club from the start, then the prices will need to be lower than whatever they set for Skyrim. Otherwise a 100+ mod load order would get expensive, since most of the best mods will be on creation club (unlike Skyrim, where they started out as free).

Edited by grimper12341

2 of the biggest problems with the last paid mods scandal has been worked out

1. Modders getting attacked for making paid mods

2. Modders setting their own prices for anything they make.

Now we wont know who the modders are since Bethesda uploads it to their site and they dictate what price its going to be. The old Bethesda is gone.

After the hundred of thousands of copies of Skyrim Bethesda have sold on all platforms including DLC over the last few years, haven't they made enough money out of an old game? Shouldn't they concentrate on a Skyrim sequel?

Because modders want to extend the life of the game with mods, Bethesda are muscling in this territory to make money too. I don't believe for a minute they are going to get their devs to test and polish everything in the Creators Club and kid us all into thinking it is like official DLC. It is just a way to exploit modders and coax them the their new platform where they can use modders to create for them for peanuts and make Bethesda even more money, and at the same time, kill off Nexus. I would rather continue to donate here so the modders get 100% of the money.

Everyone should boycott this. There is now way the Creators Club could survive without external modders.

All modders should stay well away and starve this thing of oxygen so it dies a horrible death. As soon as we buy into this, there will be no way back and all game developers will go down this path and it will destroy the modding scene for all games.......and if Steam get wind of this, don't think that they won't do something similar on their platform. This is a wake up call to us all.

This man speaks the truth. Freaking listen to him. This is exactly what Bethesda will do and those are the exact consequences that will arise from it, no matter how much you want to hope or believe otherwise. Thankfully most modders already know and understand what Bethesda's agenda is these days and won't put up with this f**king scam. There's no deep conversation to be had here. We either fall for their scam, or we don't. Simple as that.

This man speaks the truth. Freaking listen to him. This is exactly what Bethesda will do and those are the exact consequences that will arise from it, no matter how much you want to hope or believe otherwise. Thankfully most modders already know and understand what Bethesda's agenda is these days and won't put up with this f**king scam. There's no deep conversation to be had here. We either fall for their scam, or we don't. Simple as that.

yeah but dont all the mods on bethnet support their idea?

if anything mods being pulled from bethnet would immediately

show how loathing the idea of creation club is. i think if mods

keep on piling there it reinforces the CC ideas

Edited by fireborn404

It's most definitely a way to bring back paid mods and Beth knows its being shady. Did anyone else see the "Horse Armor" below the power suit during the presentation? What a giant middle finger to the playerbase.

i honestly wouldn't worry. i don't see it working out with major overhauls the way the plugins are structured right now, given the claim that everything will be compatible. likewise, i don't see an elder scrolls game in the works that's so great that it couldn't do with a few nice overhauls.

unless pc users would rather experience the joys of modding on a console right from their home computer, i can't imagine an official mod store as being the future of jack squat.

the endless possibilities of mods more than likely account for a majority of beth's game sales, and i really doubt they'd throw away a huge chunk of their bottom line on the single-player equivalent of a micro-transaction scam. it looks like an attempt to crowd-source better content than they'd normally be able to produce, kinda' like they already do.

Edited by ymf331