Now can we say "no more wait for skse"

VulcanTR

Should i wait for SKSE?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should i wait for SKSE?

• Yes it will release soon
    • Yes but don't expect it's release soon
    • No they cannot release because of reverse engineering, sorry.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably a dumb question, but Google is failing me on this one...

Would it be possible to play a modded SE now and just install SKSE64 when they're done working on it on that existing save?

Quite likely. SKSE doesn't change anything in game, in just adds more powerful scripting functions. So, unless you added mod that REQUIRED starting a new game, you could go on about your business without trouble.

This is probably a dumb question, but Google is failing me on this one...

Would it be possible to play a modded SE now and just install SKSE64 when they're done working on it on that existing save?

Quite likely. SKSE doesn't change anything in game, in just adds more powerful scripting functions. So, unless you added mod that REQUIRED starting a new game, you could go on about your business without trouble.

Thanks! :)

I guess I need to start looking into comparable mods in SE to my favorite 32 bit ones now.

There goes another 500+ hours of my life.

My wife hates you.

SKSE64 will re-ignite the modding community for sure. But for now, I am playing and having a blast. Just get in there and have fun. You're missing out. Stop waiting.

If you use mods that do not require SKSE then yes. Some mods that require SKSE will still work but not all functions will be present. But if you use a mod that requires the current version of SKSE and we ever get SKSE64 you will have trouble. The new SKSE64 will have elements of the old which the mod may recognize and attempt to use, only to discover it can't.

Have to say most of the useful and immersive mods that had the convenience of SKSE have been ported with some change surely but not game breaking or annoying. I recently realized I had Skyrim Se for free havign bought each version and installed it blind without really seeing if the mods I used in the past were available. Since I have had no issues and had really enjoyed the impressive graphics changes and redo that is SSE. Runs really well and I have since installed 49 mods. not many compared to others but they all work well and im having a great time with this revisit.

Alternatives

banknotes: Exchange Currency SE

I will look into it now.

Edit: Hmmm i have checked but it seems they are available only 3 cities? That means my character need to focus on 3 cities and it breaks all of my scenario.

Paper world map: A quality World Map (paper world map version in downloads)

Invisible player marker: Directionless Player Map Marker (edit the marker image and make it transparent)

I was just looking for the invisible map marker actually but it can't be done without paper map this is why i was asking for it. Now i will go check and try to make it transparent i don't know how to do it actually

Edit: I was tried to edit swf file but it seems i can't do.

Item degradation is indeed hard to replace as it really makes use of SKSE.

I know i know i was already giving it up :smile:

Alternatives

SkyTweak is something you can replace with a lot of little mods, or with SSEEdit with the benefit of creating 1 extra custom esp if you know which values you want to change.

Maybe i will create another topic for the ask "how can i change this values without skytweak"

And thank you for your help. I will go try to make it transparent and check the currency.

Edited by VulcanTR

I must be the only one who actually broke his SE and went back to Oldrim because I managed to make my Oldrim more stable. That, and I couldn't get mod organizer to work with my SE at all, and nexus mod manager is a real pain in the ass to manage.

Nope, youre not the only one. I too used MO 2 and broke my SSE. I had a problem (not sure if with a mod or MO) and now am back on Oldrim. The SE game won't even start.