CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been said (Since I couldn't be bothered reading more than the first page and a half) but CBBE can be fully customised in Bodyslide to your preference. This means no "melons for breasts" (There's a slider for melon breasts, which actually uses the word "melon" and you can slide it to 0) and you can scale body parts to as "realistic" as you like. There is also a "Slim" option for CBBE which is to the benefit of those who do not want large breasts and/or butt.

To my knowledge, UNP can also be changed in Bodyslide (Correct me if I'm wrong) so there's not really any difference in "realism" or "oversexualising" due to body scales. People claim UNP has better normal maps, but I haven't seen any noticeable difference in screenshots (I've never even used UNP), and it seems like an almost insignificant thing compared to the fact that there are more mods available for CBBE. That said, UNP armour mods seem to work fine even if you use CBBE - from my experience, anyway. This may hold true in reverse as well.

The normal maps of CBBE can also be improved through retexture mods which may change the texture and the normal map. Yet again, the same could be said for UNP.

In the end, neither is really better; it's just about personal preference. They're both equivalent and the only advantage of one over the other is that CBBE has more armour mods.

CBBE.

The *bleeps* that moan about breasts being too large clearly can't be bothered to RTFM. I even tried CBBE 'curvy' and those boobs were no bigger than anything I see irl. *shrug* Anyway, I picked and continue to use CBBE because it seems better supported and more recently updated.

I don't know if this has been said (Since I couldn't be bothered reading more than the first page and a half) but CBBE can be fully customised in Bodyslide to your preference. This means no "melons for breasts" (There's a slider for melon breasts, which actually uses the word "melon" and you can slide it to 0) and you can scale body parts to as "realistic" as you like. There is also a "Slim" option for CBBE which is to the benefit of those who do not want large breasts and/or butt.

To my knowledge, UNP can also be changed in Bodyslide (Correct me if I'm wrong) so there's not really any difference in "realism" or "oversexualising" due to body scales. People claim UNP has better normal maps, but I haven't seen any noticeable difference in screenshots (I've never even used UNP), and it seems like an almost insignificant thing compared to the fact that there are more mods available for CBBE. That said, UNP armour mods seem to work fine even if you use CBBE - from my experience, anyway. This may hold true in reverse as well.

The normal maps of CBBE can also be improved through retexture mods which may change the texture and the normal map. Yet again, the same could be said for UNP.

In the end, neither is really better; it's just about personal preference. They're both equivalent and the only advantage of one over the other is that CBBE has more armour mods.

:yes: I agree 100%

• 2 months later...

I use CBBE.

It has a lot more customization options especially if using Bodyslide. If you think it looks too much like a Barbiedoll you can easily make a custom preset in Bodyslide that matches your personal expectations better.

In addition using Bodyslide you can add custom morph files to use the Sliders for CBBE in Racemenu, so you don't have to quit the game to adjust body settings. There is even bodies available in Bodyslide specifically tailored to be closer to the UNP body.

All that being said, in connection with Bodyslide CBBE is THE body mod for me personally.

(At the moment I use a CBBE preset that is based on the UNP - Imitation Body available in Bodyslide)

FYI I also use 2 different mods for body textures. One for the diffuse map and another for normal and specular map.

I'm also a Mod Organizer user so I got different mod settings installed for my various characters I play. One settings mod has an abs normal map for my fighter character...another has a normal map without abs for my mage character.

It's highly customizable!

UNP versus CBBE don't have to be a contradiction if you learn how to use Bodyslide.

Edited by metaforce

I chose CBBE .

UNP body is so common and realistic that I normally see that kind of body in real life like my gf, my neighbors' wives (little bit fatty but its OK), and some girls at the beaches. I got little bit bored and wanted different stuff.

I personally chose CBBE because I probably will not able to get a woman with CBBE like body and also no matter how much realism you put into those 3D CGI characters, they will never be real as a the real life human beings.... Real women... Which is why I placed female characters with super hot body with nice looking b0oty/ G cup racks to stimulate my fantasy.

I chose CBBE .

UNP body is so common and realistic that I normally see that kind of body in real life like my gf, my neighbors' wives (little bit fatty but its OK), and some girls at the beaches. I got little bit bored and wanted different stuff.

I personally chose CBBE because I probably will not able to get a woman with CBBE like body and also no matter how much realism you put into those 3D CGI characters, they will never be real as a the real life human beings.... Real women... Which is why I placed female characters with super hot body with nice looking b0oty/ G cup racks to stimulate my fantasy.

Yeah, i don't get you CBBE guys. I have a friend who also complains that my UNP custom body is too boring and "not hot enough", because it lacks the "CBBE curves", but i really like UNP... I don't get what's wrong with it! It's much more anatomically correct than CBBE and it's curvy enough for me! UNP all the way!

http://i66.tinypic.com/14jp3r7.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/taorqg.jpg

Edited by Legedur

I chose CBBE .

Yeah, i don't get you CBBE guys. I have a friend who also complains that my UNP custom body is too boring and "not hot enough", because it lacks the "CBBE curves", but i really like UNP... I don't get what's wrong with it! It's much more anatomically correct than CBBE and it's curvy enough for me! UNP all the way!

I use CBBE because it's the closest to my own body shape. Also, a lot of women use CBBE, and two of the three authors (myself and Caliente) are female, so it's not just 'guys'.

As for UNP...The shoulders are too wide, the waist too thin and too high, the upper-torso too top-heavy, and the breasts are just...eh. Look at your own images. Breasts do not stick out a foot from the body like that. Gravity exists, so anything bigger than an A-cup will have at least some sag. When you get to the D-Cups the UNP and CBBE bodies have at the highest weight, CBBE is more realistic because they do actually sag. That's why I have and will always pick CBBE over UNP and any of its 60+ variations, and get confused whenever people say UNP is realistic. The only thing it has over CBBE are more polys and a better leg shape (which was fixed in the FO4 version).

I use CBBE because it's the closest to my own body shape. Also, a lot of women use CBBE, and two of the three authors (myself and Caliente) are female, so it's not just 'guys'.

As for UNP...The shoulders are too wide, the waist too thin and too high, the upper-torso too top-heavy, and the breasts are just...eh. Look at your own images. Breasts do not stick out a foot from the body like that. Gravity exists, so anything bigger than an A-cup will have at least some sag. When you get to the D-Cups the UNP and CBBE bodies have at the highest weight, CBBE is more realistic because they do actually sag. That's why I have and will always pick CBBE over UNP and any of its 60+ variations, and get confused whenever people say UNP is realistic. The only thing it has over CBBE are more polys and a better leg shape (which was fixed in the FO4 version).

My own images is modified UNP, so the characters have "boob boost", cause a friend of mine was complaining that UNP has small boobs (now they 've silicon implants and workout a lot). The normal UNP does have gravity. I am not female, but i 've seen more nude females than most in the forum and studied anatomy. I don't remember now the details, because 2 times i installed CBBE in Bodyslide and both times i changed my mind because something was feeling very off. That was 2 years ago. UNP isn't perfect, but it felt more natural to me.

The boobs, is a very variable factor. The overall gravity effect, depends on muscle development (grand pectoral) and gland to fat ratio. The gland, is more compact. The fat, the more there is, the more causes the breast to sag. These variables change with age (the muscles get weaker, the gland eventually gets atrophic and its space replaced by fat -> more sag).

Edited by Legedur