New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54671943. #54672703, #54677478, #54678053, #54681883, #54683388, #54683578, #54686488 are all replies on the same post.

Pegasix wrote: Can we please just have an option to stick with old layout? I personally just don't like the looks of this design.
SharraShimada wrote: Maintaining 2 Designs is a waste of time, because its work, that wont repay in any way. So, the old design will perish some day. And yeah, its always hard to change to something different, and leaving style, used, and attached to, behind. And yes, the new design looks... boring? Just another flat, tile-design, as seen on nearly every other crap-site in the internet the last 2 years.
But i must admit, the primary function of a mod-page is to deliver info. And they come in form of pictures most of the time.
You may explain, what your armor-mod does, how it looks, and where are the belt is attached... but no one will really imagine int. Put a picture on it, and kabooom.
And thats, what this design is made for.
Personally, i would had made some stuff the other way. But i´m not in charge. If have to, and i can, live with that.
pintocat wrote: I don't mind if they don't maintain the old one, I'll use a buggy one until the new one is fixed
Jokerine wrote: I personally understand that maintaining two different versions of the site may be too much work, and this will probably be an "adapt or die" situation. But, well, if the site is switched over for good and we're all forced to use the new redesign I'll most likely stop using the site altogether, or only visit very, very rarely. I have a choice in this matter, thankfully. I'll just take death :laugh:
kn1ghtfall wrote: Once again I have agree with Jokerine.
Foxia wrote: HEAR, HEAR!!! I must agree with Jokerine myself. Death it will be as well for myself.
HomicidalGrouse wrote: YEAH! Everyone over to Bethesdanet!

Oh wait...
Crimsomrider wrote: I feel the same way Jokerine.

I spoke to a few friends about this design and not one of them likes it. One actually hates it so much he threw a tantrum.

I really hope for some visual and design improvements until the final launch day which reduces the cluster**** of ugliness and information and scales down the UI, which I offered my suggestions on, otherwise I'll just go away because I really can't stand this new design. I am really trying hard forcing myself to suffer through it, but it's just impossible and frustrating. On a mobile the site is PERFECT! It looks good, it feels good... except the mod pages which are ugly as hell no matter where you view them from. But it's just not worth sacrificing something that was perfect in order to make a mobile version more better.

I'll keep on surviving until the final launch day and see what changes happen from now till then. All I can do until then is just offer my opinion on the matter and like you said... adapt or die.

I am forced to death however because I really can't stand another Bethesda.net lookalike.

I am under no illusion that my opinion or me quitting matters at all, after all I'm just another random peon who already got milked for money and will be forgotten after a day of departure... but I would like to remain on this site... hopefully... :(

#SaveNexus

I had thumbs up yesterday - today I feel like I lost my best friend.

Changes are OK to me but then you have to show up something entirely new - some braver stuff than this.

Come on guys and gals you are a resourceful site with millions of fans contributing.

What happened?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54671943. #54672703, #54677478, #54678053, #54681883, #54683388, #54683578, #54686488, #54686998 are all replies on the same post.

Pegasix wrote: Can we please just have an option to stick with old layout? I personally just don't like the looks of this design.
SharraShimada wrote: Maintaining 2 Designs is a waste of time, because its work, that wont repay in any way. So, the old design will perish some day. And yeah, its always hard to change to something different, and leaving style, used, and attached to, behind. And yes, the new design looks... boring? Just another flat, tile-design, as seen on nearly every other crap-site in the internet the last 2 years.
But i must admit, the primary function of a mod-page is to deliver info. And they come in form of pictures most of the time.
You may explain, what your armor-mod does, how it looks, and where are the belt is attached... but no one will really imagine int. Put a picture on it, and kabooom.
Personally, i would had made some stuff the other way. But i´m not in charge. If have to, and i can, live with that.
pintocat wrote: I don't mind if they don't maintain the old one, I'll use a buggy one until the new one is fixed
Jokerine wrote: I personally understand that maintaining two different versions of the site may be too much work, and this will probably be an "adapt or die" situation. But, well, if the site is switched over for good and we're all forced to use the new redesign I'll most likely stop using the site altogether, or only visit very, very rarely. I have a choice in this matter, thankfully. I'll just take death :laugh:
Foxia wrote: HEAR, HEAR!!! I must agree with Jokerine myself. Death it will be as well for myself.

Oh wait...

I spoke to a few friends about this design and not one of them likes it. One actually hates it so much he threw a tantrum.

I really hope for some visual and design improvements until the final launch day which reduces the cluster**** of ugliness and information and scales down the UI, which I offered my suggestions on, otherwise I'll just go away because I really can't stand this new design. I am really trying hard forcing myself to suffer through it, but it's just impossible and frustrating. On a mobile the site is PERFECT! It looks good, it feels good... except the mod pages which are ugly as hell no matter where you view them from. But it's just not worth sacrificing something that was perfect in order to make a mobile version more better.

I'll keep on surviving until the final launch day and see what changes happen from now till then. All I can do until then is just offer my opinion on the matter and like you said... adapt or die.

I am forced to death however because I really can't stand another Bethesda.net lookalike.

I am under no illusion that my opinion or me quitting matters at all, after all I'm just another random peon who already got milked for money and will be forgotten after a day of departure... but I would like to remain on this site... hopefully... :(

#SaveNexus
fredlaus wrote: I had thumbs up yesterday - today I feel like I lost my best friend.

Changes are OK to me but then you have to show up something entirely new - some braver stuff than this.

Come on guys and gals you are a resourceful site with millions of fans contributing.

What happened?

Ha, I went to bed last night thinking what the hell have they done that for, then I get up this morning to my son asking what the hell have they done that for.

It's not that people don't like change, it's more, people don't like change when unnecessary or makes thing's worse.

In response to post #54677498. #54680143, #54686903 are all replies on the same post.

menathradiel wrote: Have had a look at the new design and have to say: Why did you bork my description page? Why are you forcing every image to display on a new line even when in bbcode and wysiwyg editors they are not? It looks absolutely horrible, and makes me look like I put no thought or effort into my mod page. If I put two images on the same line, I do that for a reason. Yes, it's nice that the video is bigger, but you have every single one of my NPC pictures on a separate line, and they do not need it - this would be why I didn't do what you've essentially forced me to do.

Take a look at my nexus page for my mod on the old layout, and then the new layout, and then explain to me why you've made it look so excruciatingly bad on the new one, and why I can't fix it?
Battlestar1965 wrote: I did look at the two versions of your mod page. And i have to agree with you. It looks horrible now.Clearly, the designers had only mobile phone users in mind when doing this pointless redesign.
menathradiel wrote: ikr. Ugh. I'm probably going to have to spend time redoing the images to get it to display properly again.

mena, I feel sorry for you and all others experiencing this travesty.
It is not only the images but the layout that is totally wrong - seems to have been made for the wrong site.
Decisions need to be taken I guess - it is extremely difficult to run two wagons at the same time - especially if you like to win the race.

What the bloody hell is with the relentless spam pop up ad on the new layout? I cannot even log into the new layout due to it having one single overlay covering the entire page that is a link to spam ads.

Does this need to be reported as a bug too? Or should I just add y'all to ABP's list?

EDIT: RE: the new layout. I know Win10 is nothing more than a huge phone app commercial, but did you guys really have to make the new layout look just like every other lame, shitty phone app out there? Seriously. Have some innovative thought.

Edited by Mr. Dave

In response to post #54687313.

Mr. Dave wrote: What the bloody hell is with the relentless spam pop up ad on the new layout? I cannot even log into the new layout due to it having one single overlay covering the entire page that is a link to spam ads.
Does this need to be reported as a bug too? Or should I just add y'all to ABP's list?

EDIT: RE: the new layout. I know Win10 is nothing more than a huge phone app commercial, but did you guys really have to make the new layout look just like every other lame, shitty phone app out there? Seriously. Have some innovative thought.

Can you provide a screenshot? We don't use pop-up ads at all.

In response to post #54671943. #54672703, #54677478, #54678053, #54681883, #54683388, #54683578, #54686488, #54686998, #54687253 are all replies on the same post.

Oh wait...

#SaveNexus
fredlaus wrote: I had thumbs up yesterday - today I feel like I lost my best friend.

What happened?
goatsnatcher2 wrote: Ha, I went to bed last night thinking what the hell have they done that for, then I get up this morning to my son asking what the hell have they done that for.

It's not that people don't like change, it's more, people don't like change when unnecessary or makes thing's worse.

@SharraShimada: It is normal for a website to have a desktop and mobile version - and I know this because I maintain several - so your point is rather invalid.

In response to post #54671943. #54672703, #54677478, #54678053, #54681883, #54683388, #54683578, #54686488, #54686998, #54687253, #54687418 are all replies on the same post.

Oh wait...

#SaveNexus

What happened?
goatsnatcher2 wrote: Ha, I went to bed last night thinking what the hell have they done that for, then I get up this morning to my son asking what the hell have they done that for.

menathradiel wrote: @SharraShimada: It is normal for a website to have a desktop and mobile version - and I know this because I maintain several - so your point is rather invalid.

@menathradiel
Yeah, it was perfectly normal, back in 2010 before responsive design really took off and became a standard.

Ironically enough, 2010 was right about where the Nexus' previous design was stuck.