New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54694898. #54696133, #54696328 are all replies on the same post.

Decoy1975 wrote: Once the add redirect is corrected, I will using the new version. I had a day on it before the bug, and its very great.
Mr. Dave wrote: If you keep yourself logged in via cookies, it shouldn't hit you again. It seems to only happen when clicking on the page while logged out.
Dark0ne wrote: We've pushed something that is supposed to fix the annoying ad issue. Can anyone confirm whether they're no longer getting the "click anywhere, get taken to an ad site" issue now?

Reset browsing data (history/cookies), turned off ad blocker. restarted browser in private viewing just to be extra sure, reloaded several several times. No cursor indication that a link was taking over the whole screen. I'm near Mr. Dave geographically.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI, great work and modern looking, but just a few thoughts.Thousands of YouTube mod review and tutorial videos have links in the description to mods that will bring to the modders page using the old domain links i.e nexusmods.com/link to mod. This new site currently has a domain name rd.nexusmods.com/link to mod. I suspect RD stands for redone The existing YouTube links will of course link to the old design URL not the new. So, should YouTube folks put a link to both sites in YouTube descriptions meantime, or will the old site be discontinued in future and the old links match the current links in thousands of YouTube descriptions. I am assuming the domain for the new design will revert back to nexusmods.com when everything is finalised, and domain links to mods will match the previous URLs.

cheers and kudos to this new design, well done.

Jim McCambridge

Edited by Guest

In response to post #54700358.

JimBourneSmith wrote: HI, great work and modern looking, but just a few thoughts.Thousands of YouTube mod review videos have links in the description to mods that will bring to the modders page using the old domain links i.e nexusmods.com/link to mod. This new site currently has a domain name rd.nexusmods.com/link to mod. I suspect RD stands for redone The existing mod reviewers links will of course link to the old design not the new. So, should mod reviewers put a link to both sites in YouTube descriptions meantime, or will the old site be discontinued in future and the old links match the current links in thousands of Youtube descriptions. I assume the domain for the new design will revert back to nexusmods.com when everything is finalised.

cheers and kudos to this new design, well done.

Jim McCambridge

RD will soon be moved to nexusmods.com. As such, people should NOT link to rd.nexusmods.com on a permanent basis.

I love the new design. It scales much better and uses more screen real estate. It has a modern look and everything is generally better. The files section of mod pages though has alot of unused space. That could definitely use some work. Other than that it's great and I like it's at a new URL so people can go back to the old one for now if they want.

In response to post #54694978. #54695053, #54696068, #54697353, #54697718, #54697833, #54697973, #54698608 are all replies on the same post.

bchick1 wrote: Everyone on this forum complaining needs to get a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese" and read it thoroughly. For goodness sake, you are acting like 12 year olds! or like our Government, which is worse.
You would think the Nexus site(s) were somehow crucial to your existence ..... snowflakes!
Ethreon wrote: Riiight.. people shouldn't raise concerns or criticism, they should shut up and take it. Way to go there mate.
Mr. Dave wrote: Weabos are everywhere. :D Sad, sad little 50 cent brigade.
abc123guy wrote: @bchick1
Take a break from the internet bud lol.
seba1337 wrote: That's beacuse they probably have 12. Altough I support the government (don't make this a political thing please) I agree with you that nobody can take change. I, for myself, love it already.
abc123guy wrote: Well the first thing some people will go to is "people can't take change". It's typical.
But maybe it's better to have an actual rebuttal to people rather than trying to broadbrush and shut down.

News flash. People will disagree with you about the new design. Get over it.
AGreatWeight wrote: It's almost as if this poster and others of their ilk believe constructive criticism of flaws in something is somehow a bad thing?
Mr. Dave wrote: AGreatWeight, yeah, that's straight out of the communist handbook. We need senator McCarthy back. :)

It is in need of some changes, but minor ones. The design overall is really good and functional, but instead of trying to use it and accept the old design is way out of date, lots of people just bash it and go "this is bullshit, it ruined my perfectly made mod page (which is all done with images btw)". Well sorry, that can be solved, I just don't think that all has to be discarded because "my page looks bad". Well then, make it look good!

Here are some of my suggestions: https://imgur.com/a/PvRw4

The reason why the old design was so good was because it was compact and comfortable to use. This new design has a lot of crucial areas empty, instead placing information all round. This causes the user to scroll around and search for something that's supposed to be in one place.

Tags should be moved over to a new tab.

"About this mod" section should be removed from main description as it's just a short version of the full description. It should only show up in mod preview.

Share button should be moved over to the front header.

OK, new layout worked today, it's too flashy for my taste, i've spend an hour on the new layout and i was tired of tons of pictures, it kinda tires me a lot more then the old layout, so i switched back.

Sure hope you guys keep that available in the future, much easier on the eyes, easier to find stuff rightaway, i'm sure that will even hold up after one gets used to the new layout.

Don't get me wrong, the new layout looks good, modernized, but all those pics and hundreds of colors and a lot of small descriptions on the screen at once is just very distracting, that's actually becoming a trend on the internet, to shove as much links into a page as they can.

Edited by Guest

In response to post #54698908.

Rigmor wrote: Loving the new sleek design, already changed over fully to accommodate the new site. However...ONE THING
change the word "Trending" back to "Hot Files" this isn't youtube, it's the Nexus.

"Trending mods" is so bland and cheesy. It has to be HOT FILES ;)

(bows to audience)

Well the entire design is trendy. Like every website is starting to copy eachother.

In response to post #54698908. #54700933 is also a reply to the same post.

Rigmor wrote: Loving the new sleek design, already changed over fully to accommodate the new site. However...ONE THING
change the word "Trending" back to "Hot Files" this isn't youtube, it's the Nexus.

"Trending mods" is so bland and cheesy. It has to be HOT FILES ;)

(bows to audience)
abc123guy wrote: Well the entire design is trendy. Like every website is starting to copy eachother.

I concur, although its a minor and cosmetic thing.