New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878, #54726463, #54731733 are all replies on the same post.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.

Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?

CNR4806 wrote: Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.

slash197 wrote: Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.

Zaldiir wrote: The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.And what about the name? It stays the same.

Xhelius wrote: Well, that's unfortunate. Cannot stand the new version.

phoenixfabricio wrote: Unfortunatelly I know I will be forced to use the new layout. But I really hope the you (page owners) fix the size of the videos on mod description, to make possible to put 2 videos in the same "line".....

I won't grow to love something just because I'm forced to use it, that's not how it works, unless Stockholm Syndrome kicks in something fierce. Especially when it's a mobile-focused redesign of a website devoted almost entirely to PC games.

And the name change is just...why? Why change the name at all? And to a word that doesn't even have the same meaning?

There is no name change. Vortex is a mod manager. Nexus mods is and always will be the site.

Not really sure how people are getting this misconception.

P.s. more than one video in mod descriptions is a train wreck on both old and new layouts. Maybe people will learn that one day...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878, #54726463, #54731733, #54745193 are all replies on the same post.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.
Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?
CNR4806 wrote: Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.
slash197 wrote: Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.
Zaldiir wrote: The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.

And what about the name? It stays the same.
phoenixfabricio wrote: Unfortunatelly I know I will be forced to use the new layout. But I really hope the you (page owners) fix the size of the videos on mod description, to make possible to put 2 videos in the same "line".....
slash197 wrote: I won't grow to love something just because I'm forced to use it, that's not how it works, unless Stockholm Syndrome kicks in something fierce. Especially when it's a mobile-focused redesign of a website devoted almost entirely to PC games.

And the name change is just...why? Why change the name at all? And to a word that doesn't even have the same meaning?

The new design is not mobile-focused, it is mobile-friendly. It is still designed with PC as focus.

And again, the name is not changing...

This new design is so much better, and that's coming from somebody that is high in conscientiousness only problem is the favicon which everytime I see it I freak out and think I've just downloaded abunch of non-SE skyrim mods. other than that the 24hr trending tab is awesome, way better discovery for low profile very well made mods. cudos.

Do Nexus have plans to utilise wide screen for layouts at some point? I do like the new format but it could have been improved by using the full screen and getting rid of the image borders. How many even use 4:3 screens these days? Anyhoo, just a suggestion.

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878, #54726463, #54731733, #54745193, #54746903 are all replies on the same post.

There can only be one.
Zaldiir wrote: The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.

slash197 wrote: I won't grow to love something just because I'm forced to use it, that's not how it works, unless Stockholm Syndrome kicks in something fierce. Especially when it's a mobile-focused redesign of a website devoted almost entirely to PC games.

Zaldiir wrote: The new design is not mobile-focused, it is mobile-friendly. It is still designed with PC as focus.

I saw something that might help at least for me:

Resize the images under "Trending Mods" and let them fill the entire area.
Drop the shade from grey to dark in the background.
Both the biggies and the smaller ones.

Will calm down the page immensely.

Resizing the site with ctrl and +/- doesn't help for me, it only gives too much space around the (smaller) images.

I checked it out and am not a fan of this 'telephone' layout lol

I use a PC for everything and this is certainly not as conducive as the "old" layout.

I understand that functionality, cleaning and tightening things up moving forward is and always should be paramount, but aesthetically-speaking....No Please.

In response to post #54747908.

ilkhan8 wrote: I checked it out and am not a fan of this 'telephone' layout lol

I use a PC for everything and this is certainly not as conducive as the "old" layout.

I understand that functionality, cleaning and tightening things up moving forward is and always should be paramount, but aesthetically-speaking....No Please.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! :)

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878, #54726463, #54731733, #54745193, #54746903, #54747523 are all replies on the same post.

There can only be one.

Zaldiir wrote: The new design is not mobile-focused, it is mobile-friendly. It is still designed with PC as focus.

fredlaus wrote: I saw something that might help at least for me:

Resize the images under "Trending Mods" and let them fill the entire area.
Drop the shade from grey to dark in the background.
Both the biggies and the smaller ones.

Will calm down the page immensely.

Resizing the site with ctrl and +/- doesn't help for me, it only gives too much space around the (smaller) images.

Again stupid question ^-^
How about stay on 2 version, like it now.
Or make something like this: rd.nexus and desktop.nexus with current old skin?
:D

In response to post #54659738.

ZOMKILL wrote: Nice cool new desing (win 10 Style)

For my taste: It´s terrible! Sorry, to big and the obligatoric trending smartphone stile.

I have pain in my eyes, i can´t look at it for long time. Sorry