New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

Hi there Team;

Respecting all the hard work and in honor to the truth, i must say that i don't like it at all the new design.

I think it would be better to have the possibility of to use the new or the old, just like now, and the old for me would be the best. This layout obligates to change a lot of graphics and codes for the profile creators like me (mod creators and/or translators), and the file sections are not so clear as before and you need to see all with extreme careful to see it all, when downloading a file from a mod profile. Even for an experienced user like me and very much others. There will not pass very much time till the newbies start to ask even more things as never before because they are like confused or so, just let the time pass for it. Even the 'posts' tab from any mod profile looks uglier than the old one.

Pease, let the users to have the posibility to use the old layer or the new, not obligate us to use the new one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108, #54660288, #54660308, #54660578, #54660638, #54661128, #54661208, #54661358 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
TheMagician16 wrote: It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.
pra wrote: Well, I can't remember the last time I actually found anything using the nexus search function.

After testing it again it seems to work, at least if you remember exactly how the mod was called, since only the title is being searched by default.
I have no idea on which logic search by description works, but "settler rename" brings up exactly one result, despite there being several mods which do that, one of which I uploaded myself. It seems like the order of words is actually important, since "rename settler" brings up 8 results.
MrMason wrote: If you're seeing incorrect search results then please post the specifics in the bug tracker and we will investigate: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues
ScrollTron1c wrote: I'm pretty sure that you have certain tags blocked.

IIRC when the "XBone Version available" tag was added, this was not enabled by default and thus every mod with the tag was filtered out from searches.
Jeir wrote: I've never had an issue with the Nexus search, and every time someone's said they couldn't find something in particular, it's always been because they're blocking tags.
The tag system is very flawed. It's best not to block anything to make sure you actually get accurate results. See something you don't like that used to be blocked? Just don't click on it and move on. =)
pra wrote: Hm, I indeed had the tags "xbone available" and "ps4 available" blocked. Okay, we'll see if that improved anything.
TheMagician16 wrote: Well many of the mods I was searching for already is avaliable for X1, so that's not the issue, and I did remove the tags. MrMason, I will take a look and sumbit something if I manage to figure out how that website works.

Edit: i will double check to make sure

The two console version tags need to be enabled though. Otherwise all mods with the tags are filtered out from your search results (old and new version confirmed).

In response to post #54661388. #54661458 is also a reply to the same post.

RomulusAugustulus wrote: When I middle-click a nexus link, I get the old design on the newly opened tab (Chrome)
Apart from that, I really like the new design.
ScrollTron1c wrote: Don't know about Chrome, but the new version is only live under the address "rd.nexusmods.com" so all links made to the original address (without RD) will lead back to the old site.

There is some code that tries to catch any www.nexusmods.com links if you're already on rd.nexusmods.com and should attempt to keep you on rd.nexusmods.com

This shouldn't be causing any issues with tabs. Please can you provide any information related to this problem on our bug tracker: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues

From my limited use so far I like the new design :) makes more use of widescreen monitors than the old design which is good, however I would like to see the front pages for each game to change a little, instead of scrolling all the way down to see the news, maybe provide 3 buttons at the top to switch between "More Mods", "Media" and "News&Updates" rather than forcing us to scroll all the way down just to reach the news. I personally liked going to the front page and instantly seeing any new articles or news without the need for any scrolling.

One other suggestion from me would be to improve the visibility of replys in the comments section of a mod page, the indentation is far too subtle in my opinion and makes it harder to distinguish between a new post and a reply to another one. Either increase the indentation and/or use a different color to make replies more visibly distinguishable.

Aside from that I really like the new design, especially the images section of a mod page is far better now and I'm sure with some of the feedback you are getting this design will improve even further :). Keep up the good work!

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108, #54660288, #54660308, #54660578, #54660638, #54661128, #54661208, #54661358, #54661548 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
TheMagician16 wrote: It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.
pra wrote: Well, I can't remember the last time I actually found anything using the nexus search function.

After testing it again it seems to work, at least if you remember exactly how the mod was called, since only the title is being searched by default.
I have no idea on which logic search by description works, but "settler rename" brings up exactly one result, despite there being several mods which do that, one of which I uploaded myself. It seems like the order of words is actually important, since "rename settler" brings up 8 results.
MrMason wrote: If you're seeing incorrect search results then please post the specifics in the bug tracker and we will investigate: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues
ScrollTron1c wrote: I'm pretty sure that you have certain tags blocked.

IIRC when the "XBone Version available" tag was added, this was not enabled by default and thus every mod with the tag was filtered out from searches.
Jeir wrote: I've never had an issue with the Nexus search, and every time someone's said they couldn't find something in particular, it's always been because they're blocking tags.
The tag system is very flawed. It's best not to block anything to make sure you actually get accurate results. See something you don't like that used to be blocked? Just don't click on it and move on. =)
pra wrote: Hm, I indeed had the tags "xbone available" and "ps4 available" blocked. Okay, we'll see if that improved anything.
TheMagician16 wrote: Well many of the mods I was searching for already is avaliable for X1, so that's not the issue, and I did remove the tags. MrMason, I will take a look and sumbit something if I manage to figure out how that website works.

Edit: i will double check to make sure
ScrollTron1c wrote: The two console version tags need to be enabled though. Otherwise all mods with the tags are filtered out from your search results (old and new version confirmed).

I could not find those tags and when I went to "Browse all mods" to look at the top list of mods, some of them were missing, such as the unofficial patch.

I even used clear filters, disabled some tags, re-enabled and in the end just went back to my content blocking setup. Even the "refine search" function didn't mention anything about mods not being found because I had used the "clear filters", only thing it possibly could hide is mods from blocked authors, but none of the mods I am looking for has authors I have blocked.

https://imgur.com/a/WhZ89

In that picture the Unofficial Patch is missing for some reason.

Edit: Ok, so to actually see some of the mods that I could not find I had to separately disable them from the profile settings and not just from the "Refine Results". And for some reason the Unofficial Patch counts as either; Save games, translation, Anime, Skimpy content because when I unlocked those tags it showed up suddenly. So I guess the problem is with the tags?
Edited by TheMagician16

In response to post #54661388. #54661458, #54661573 are all replies on the same post.

RomulusAugustulus wrote: When I middle-click a nexus link, I get the old design on the newly opened tab (Chrome)
Apart from that, I really like the new design.
ScrollTron1c wrote: Don't know about Chrome, but the new version is only live under the address "rd.nexusmods.com" so all links made to the original address (without RD) will lead back to the old site.
MrMason wrote: There is some code that tries to catch any www.nexusmods.com links if you're already on rd.nexusmods.com and should attempt to keep you on rd.nexusmods.com

This shouldn't be causing any issues with tabs. Please can you provide any information related to this problem on our bug tracker: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues

Can confirm. Even if I have an rd.nexusmods page open, opening a link on a modpage (if a mod author is linking his other mods for example) sends me over to the old website.
Same thing happens when I open a modpage through NMM. But that's different

When checking mod images, the drop down menu to choose between author images and user images, is imo not an improvement over the 'old' situation with the side by side buttons for author images or user images. It just adds one unnecessary click.

If to be honest.. A new disign is not good. Not useful. weak sharpness and contrast.

But the images now are biggest it's cool!

But downloading and searching is a violence)

Edited by nibiros13