Shezarrine: The Fate of Tamriel (Spoiler thread)

anbeegod

This really is a great mod, thank you for all the work that you've put into it. I've run into a (probably) gamebreaking bug in your most recent build though. During "Eye for an Eye," Onmund and I looked through the two caves in the south, after which he reports that something big and magical is heading towards the village, and that you should go look there. However, after that, he won't follow me out of the Hidden Den. He follows me perfectly while inside the cave but won't leave it. I've tried waiting, entering the cave and exiting again (tried several times), going to the village and beating the magic thralls, and the "player.placeatme" command. When the last one was used, he would just stand around doing nothing, not following me, though his dialogue indicated that he was he was a follower. He also wouldn't follow the "wait" option so that i could try and get him to follow me again. I tried reloading from before the quest, and this time searched Hidden Den before the other cave. The same thing happened, still in Hidden Den.

Hi , the same issue happened to me , you got to ignore the fact Onmund disappears and head right to the Magicka Realm ater beating the Magicka Thralls , he should appears at your side once you reach Ingvi as it was for me .

If you get to Ingvi and Onmund stll not here / here but not talking ,then you'll have a bigger problem , but you should just give it a try , just to know

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk if I did something wrong, I started a new game and the first thing I did was travel to Winterhold. Onmund hasn't said a word and I'm like more than halfway done with the questline. He did say something at the beginning when you put up a ward for that old guy in the college at the very beginning of the questline. Other than that he doesn't talk to me when I approach, am I a loser and Onmund doesnt like me?

Do you play with Alternate Start ? I don't know how it works but before entering Winterhold i came to Helgen to start the main quest , then to Whiterun to be sure , I started the CoW qustline only after getting the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow" to be sure , and after doing "Under Sarthaal" , Onmund talked to me (to be more precise , I was able to engage a diaoogue with him) .

If this isn't related to your issue at all , then sorry

PS : Onmund doesn't think you are a loser . If he did , you'll know that ^^" (not sure if this sentence is really english, not my main language , sry)

Your english is very well. I have Alternate Start installed but its not active. I restarted my games for different reasons for this mod bc I know I was doing something wrong, but I am not sure what Im doing wrong this time.

Idk if I did something wrong, I started a new game and the first thing I did was travel to Winterhold. Onmund hasn't said a word and I'm like more than halfway done with the questline. He did say something at the beginning when you put up a ward for that old guy in the college at the very beginning of the questline. Other than that he doesn't talk to me when I approach, am I a loser and Onmund doesnt like me?

Do you play with Alternate Start ? I don't know how it works but before entering Winterhold i came to Helgen to start the main quest , then to Whiterun to be sure , I started the CoW qustline only after getting the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow" to be sure , and after doing "Under Sarthaal" , Onmund talked to me (to be more precise , I was able to engage a diaoogue with him) .

If this isn't related to your issue at all , then sorry

PS : Onmund doesn't think you are a loser . If he did , you'll know that ^^" (not sure if this sentence is really english, not my main language , sry)

Your english is very well. I have Alternate Start installed but its not active. I restarted my games for different reasons for this mod bc I know I was doing something wrong, but I am not sure what Im doing wrong this time.

This is weird , I don't know what to say to help you , but the mod author surely will

Have you checked the "post" section of the mod's page ? I've seen similar issues if I remember well

To anyone who encounters this issue : music disappearing after "an eye for an eye"
It may be because you choosed to fight and the batlle music has finished but didn't restarted,
open console and type "removemusic ingvibattlemusic"
If nobody encounter this issue , this may be caused by Vilja in Skyrim (installed yesterday) or an incompatibility issue between the two mods .
Just wanted to warn if somebody else runs into this , Skyrim is much less fun without music ^^

EDIT : You'll have to type removemusic ingvibattlemusic everytime you load a save or close and launch the game , do someone knows a way to permanently remove a music , or is it game-breaking ?

Edited by ibrawane

WHY WONT GAVROS PILINIUS TALK TO ME???? I know its not something that has to do the with mod but I cant continue if he doesnt talk/die. Also, I have no more issues after the latest patch. Thanks devs! This is a really great mod that I have been anticipating since I got the Caesia mod over a year and a half ago. You guys are really good in what you do, your dreams for this mod deserve more respect that we can give. It feels like this mod will be top in no time.

Edited by SotouShinobi

Ok, so I killed Gredul and thus activated the dark brotherhood questline, and I have chosen to destroy the dark brotherhood. I have killed Astrid and onmund came to where I was and started asking about if I was going to join them...I found the choices to his question to be odd since I had already killed Astrid. The choices to his response were to ignore the invitation and the other two options were to join but in various phrasing. I have chosen to kill and had already done so as well as release the hostages, so I found this to be very jarring. I have now gone to the sanctuary to complete this task. I have done this before so I know who should be there and who should not be. I saw there was someone new called greigor and I spoke to him at first and he talked to me as if I had joined the brotherhood when I had killed everyone else already...Again jarring. I exit out of this dialog and decided to kill him which to my surprise he is essential. On the mod page, it seems noted that either or choices regarding the brotherhood are acceptable, so I'm not sure how to handle this. The quest does complete as normal regardless of the matter but yeah...I'm going to continue to post what is happening threw my playthrew, or rather the things that seem off. Please let me know if this is intentional or if bugs. Thank you again for the mod and hard work.

Ok, so I killed Gredul and thus activated the dark brotherhood questline, and I have chosen to destroy the dark brotherhood. I have killed Astrid and onmund came to where I was and started asking about if I was going to join them...I found the choices to his question to be odd since I had already killed Astrid. The choices to his response were to ignore the invitation and the other two options were to join but in various phrasing. I have chosen to kill and had already done so as well as release the hostages, so I found this to be very jarring. I have now gone to the sanctuary to complete this task. I have done this before so I know who should be there and who should not be. I saw there was someone new called greigor and I spoke to him at first and he talked to me as if I had joined the brotherhood when I had killed everyone else already...Again jarring. I exit out of this dialog and decided to kill him which to my surprise he is essential. On the mod page, it seems noted that either or choices regarding the brotherhood are acceptable, so I'm not sure how to handle this. The quest does complete as normal regardless of the matter but yeah...I'm going to continue to post what is happening threw my playthrew, or rather the things that seem off. Please let me know if this is intentional or if bugs. Thank you again for the mod and hard work.

I will fix this dialogue topic for Onmund. Gregoir isn't from my mod though.

Alright, I don't like critiquing the writing that goes into a mod especially in this case as I adore a lot of it. However, I just finished or rather endured a monologue of a conversation with Onmund That irritated the hell out of me, not only for what felt to me to be short sidedness but lack of options for the player.

The dialog in question is on the thalmar topic tree and you can ask why the thalmor despise the phijis. I found the flow of this conversation to be very one-sided and not thought threw. I choose two ways to approach this topic, the first time around I noted that magic indeed is something that should be treated with caution as to who has full access to it. Or rather the concept of everyone using magic as default I do not agree with and this was the closest choice to support that logic.Onmund's counter-arguments sounded very one dimensional or rather extremely bias to me.

Dismissing the dangers of magic and comparing it to swords and politics, which I found absurd. I then choose the next dialog available to counter that view which brought up two magic users that caused great destruction, and again it was met with this logic that sounded like "There will always be evil people and if magic was not the means of there violence something else would be." I find this type of stance to have a huge flaw in its argument. It's not about whether bad people will do bad things. It's about not ignoring threats and removing severe consequences and preventing mass loss of life.

Wars, you see coming, politics you see coming, swords you see coming, but magic can be hidden or invoked be on purpose or accidentally and can and HAS cause such chaos mass slaughter and destruction that can be hard fought let alone prepared for. Its impossible to stop every threat, but that doesn't mean add more numbers to the already poorly handled situation.

Making a potential killer or destructive accident a needle in a haystack is not a good ideal. Not to mention not everyone is blessed with the ability to use magic in the first place. So right out of the gate, there are people with a disadvantage in protecting themselves from would-be abusers. Prioritizing the right to use magic over the loss of life is not a logic I can support. Ignoring the already mass loss of life due to magic without any means to address or even lessen the chances of such things happening again..I can not support such a logic.

People need to know that there are consequences to mistreatment of magic, they need to know that there is a standard to what is ok and what is not.They need to know that they can be safe.They have that right to know those things and dismissing that is illogically and cold. I find Onmund's stance to bias and disregard the tragedies and catastrophic damages caused by those that abuse magic to be gross and ignorant. However, this surprises me not as he seems quite ok with the mass slaughter his sister does in their village, Putting their hate aside when his sister did what she did. The village labeled them demons from birth, considered them curses to the village and bringers of doom...

Thanks to his sister's action....They were right. You can't wish for magic to be accepted then turn around and commit an act that justifies its restrictions. Then be outrage when people hate you when you ignore mass slaughter. The hypocrisy of it all is beyond damning and you have to find a middle ground. I wanted to say all this to Onmund, to paint a different perspective then thalmor good phijis bad that he seems fixed on.Onmund only seems to understand things from a magic user perspective and bias.

This is ok to feel when it only applies to your life, but the moment your in a role that effects masses, you can't be biased like that.That's what creates tyrants, people that can't see things from another perspective aside from their own. I felt his dialog and my options in response to it did not provide room for a middle perspective and that annoyed me because that is where I stand. I want magic and magic users to be embraced, but not without consequences to those that abuse it, and certainly not ignore life already lose or prioritizing magic users over nonmagic users. Onmund says it's not black and white yet only offers a black and white answer.All or nothing is not the right answer...I can not agree.

There was a dialog to just blow it over and say whatever, but I do not wish to be flimsy in my morals when challenged but instead to stand firm. I hear Onmund's stance and I have a firm stance on it. At the very least I would rather agree to disagree.

Edit: I try and will continue to try and edit what I'm trying to say here, as I love this mod so far but wanted to challenge the logic behind some of the things Onmund says and what the player can say in term or what they can not. This comment is to provide a conversation and wish to apologize for entering real-life subject manner to the conversation as a reference. I do not wish to aggravate a political debate but more a critical thinking challenge due to my love for the dialog and deep meaning already displayed in the mod. So my apologies to any this may of offended.

Edited by Yueviathan