⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Trump

TheMastersSon

Considering ... sense of decency (or lack there of).

This is really the crux of our polarization isn't it ?

Using our sense of it , instead of actually agreeing upon what decency means (or lack there of)

Would a good start be a top 10 ? I'll bet everybody could find a common top 10 with anybody else.

Everybody else ... of freaking course not. Hmmm having a top 10 list of what is decent kinda sounds familiar ... did we do this before ? Maybe the list has become just to long for the scope of people it is suppose to encompass ? And that cycle of event sounds familiar too .

Trouble is, the definition of what is 'decent' keeps shifting, and sliding further and further away from what it once was. Things that at one time were taboo, and never, ever spoken of in public, have now become 'accepted behaviors'. At least, by some..... and some of the issues you will simply never get both sides to agree on a solution. Not to mention some of the 'solutions' proposed by one side or the other, won't make a bit of difference, yet they still push those views. Government isn't in the business of SOLVING problems in any event. They use stop-gap measures to postpone the need for a real solution until some indefinable future time...... Lather, Rinse, Repeat. If they SOLVED the problem, they wouldn't be able to use it as a political football any more, and wouldn't be able to beat up the 'other party' for not fixing it when THEY were in power.

Politics in the US just suck. The government is owned by the corporations. The folks in government are NOT there for the betterment of the country. They are there to make sure they get re-elected, and get as much money from the public trough as they can. If you aren't rich when you go into congress, you most certainly are by the time you get out. IF you ever get out.

Something needs to change. Trouble is, the folks that have the power to change it, are the very same folks that benefit the most from NOT changing it. The inmates are in charge of the asylum. Peachy.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using our sense of it , instead of actually agreeing upon what decency means (or lack there of)

Would a good start be a top 10 ? I'll bet everybody could find a common top 10 with anybody else.

Everybody else ... of freaking course not. Hmmm having a top 10 list of what is decent kinda sounds familiar ... did we do this before ? Maybe the list has become just to long for the scope of people it is suppose to encompass ? And that cycle of event sounds familiar too .

Trouble is, the definition of what is 'decent' keeps shifting, and sliding further and further away from what it once was. Things that at one time were taboo, and never, ever spoken of in public, have now become 'accepted behaviors'. At least, by some..... and some of the issues you will simply never get both sides to agree on a solution. Not to mention some of the 'solutions' proposed by one side or the other, won't make a bit of difference, yet they still push those views. Government isn't in the business of SOLVING problems in any event. They use stop-gap measures to postpone the need for a real solution until some indefinable future time...... Lather, Rinse, Repeat. If they SOLVED the problem, they wouldn't be able to use it as a political football any more, and wouldn't be able to beat up the 'other party' for not fixing it when THEY were in power.

Politics in the US just suck. The government is owned by the corporations. The folks in government are NOT there for the betterment of the country. They are there to make sure they get re-elected, and get as much money from the public trough as they can. If you aren't rich when you go into congress, you most certainly are by the time you get out. IF you ever get out.

Something needs to change. Trouble is, the folks that have the power to change it, are the very same folks that benefit the most from NOT changing it. The inmates are in charge of the asylum. Peachy.

Well it seems pretty obvious you have given up on humans discussing as a means to betterment.

So what do you propose from this point then ... or are you willing to just wait and see what others are going to do ? And not to suggest there is something wrong in that ... especially now.

I predict a tri section of the country. First trying a split down the middle , (maybe we already have)

Then the vast middle majority realizing they would rather be in a country with some lefty righty without those extremes. And then in American fashion ... letting those extremes go off and realize they are now worse.

Cuz there ain't no getting around something being created that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

All the money wasted in the political struggle could pay for all sorts of things we the people need.

Hence coming to the conclusion we would be better off as allied nations than fellow countrymen may be the only way to get some economy out of what it costs to run a government.

And when your party runs for the job for president I'm voting for you.

Thanks for the nomination :smile: On a side note ... how much of a budget do you think we should have ?

Budgeting is not an issue. The issue is getting everyone involved to accept the rules of budgeting for them self, maintain a house bank, and maintain the budget in all departments.

No one can borrow from another whose budget has gained money; like, when the wheat grower suddenly has a better crop bringing in more money, they have to keep the extra money for the opposite event when they need more seed one year, or another, then they might need more money for. No one can change their budget plan. If they forget to follow their budget plan by one day it will effect the weeks budget, the months budget, and the whole year's budget.

It's getting the people to spend on their needs, not desires or wants, no frills or fun, AT LEAST not until they have secured a yearly profit budget for the rest of their life. Normally to succeed with a budget the first Profit is put back into the individual department and kept there, like for wheat.

No other agency should be allowed to borrow, beg, or steal from another department's budget. That's what is causing home family failure, home family business failure, and government failure. It's all because departments share money they made, or lose it trying to save another department, so they lose the money they have and made need next session, or next Spring farming or animal feed. Health department, job department, Department of Justice, etc., etc., etc.. All have to either keep their budget controlled or fail at keeping a budget and losing their department to the failure.

So you are saying that all budget groups should be separate.

No more concept of insurance pools ?

no more people coming together , creating something greater than the sum of their parts /?/

All budget groups are like parts of a gear. A group of departments is one total toothed gear. Each department group is another and another. When all the gears have full toothed gears the the peoples parts, community parts, the school system parts, the military parts, the government parts with justice, DoD, and such all work together forming a perfect union. They all come together right (correctly) now.

Like a clock all the gears keep time. And if you've ever seen one of the mechanical marvels that make some watches even more then just a time piece you can see how a well balanced budget works in many united parts that support the others equally well. If a whole department, one gear of departments needs to be replaced with a new bunch of budget managers, we've got plenty of people who could do it.

Just getting someone to hire them, instead of a weaker management tooth. You know, someone who likes to gamble when they don't have any profit and they take the money out of petty cash with one mistake that causes budget managers head aches to no end.

The people taking the money out of petty cash forget to sign the chit so it comes out of their paycheck when the budget is tallied up for payday.

Well it seems pretty obvious you have given up on humans discussing as a means to betterment.

So what do you propose from this point then ... or are you willing to just wait and see what others are going to do ? And not to suggest there is something wrong in that ... especially now.

I predict a tri section of the country. First trying a split down the middle , (maybe we already have)

Then the vast middle majority realizing they would rather be in a country with some lefty righty without those extremes. And then in American fashion ... letting those extremes go off and realize they are now worse.

Cuz there ain't no getting around something being created that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

But no one is discussing. One side makes statements, accuses the other of all sorts of rude things. The other side then does the same thing. The party in power seems to have the end goal of making sure the minority party doesn't get ANY of their programs implemented, even if it WOULD be good for america as a whole. The minority party does their best to paint the other guys as catering to some special interest group or other, at the expense of some other group. Of course, that is true for BOTH sides. They each have their pet groups they cater to, (simply because they are owned by them.....) and while "our" groups are 'good guys', THEIR groups are evil, money-grubbing, pedophiles. Or some such. There is no discussion, only accusations.

I really enjoyed reading all this debates finer points. I wrote some words for you, only I found my mind feeling bloated by repetitive passages and only found that I felt I have fallen in with academics who were given the new ways of discipline at schools which was considered successful at reducing drop outs, drug abuse, and social dysfunction. Paper Tigers.

I would have been a lot better student if the system that Walla Walla, Washington a school had implemented for all schools and had been around when I was a student.

'Paper Tigers' chronicles a year in the life of Lincoln High School in the community of Walla Walla, Washington. The kids who come to Lincoln have a history of truancy, behavioral problems and substance abuse. After Lincoln's principal is exposed to research about the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), he decides to radically change the school's approach to discipline. With the aid of diary camera footage, the film follows six students. From getting into fights, grappling with traumatic events in their lives, and on the cusp of dropping out, they find healing, support and academic promise at Lincoln High.

You deserve him a second term for electing him in the first place. Enjoy.

Still like him better than Hilary.

At least with Hillary we would have a somewhat idea of what direction things was going.

But I actually don't care, America was a bully long before Trump, and will be bullies long after, and side with them, just a question if SA , NK ,China or Russia.

Same goes for Britain, Germany, France,and a few other European countries, they are, if nothing else, opportunistic turncoats.

America has not fought a justified war since the Japanese dragged them into ww2 kicking and screaming, and have f***ed over impoverished peasants ever since to attain dominance, and dragged my simpleton government into it.

So yeah, i'm pretty much done with any of them.

They are bullies, and i hate bullies.

Edit.

I'm talking about the vampires you vote into power and not you as an individual.