Is there a way to back up all mods with Vortex?

Skorpeun

• 4 months later...

I'll echo this.

I'm getting a new computer and am hoping to be able to just copy everything over from my old computer. I'm really not looking forward to reinstalling 270+ mods!

Unless I hear anything different, my plan is to install Steam, Skyrim, and Vortex and then copy to the new computer the SSE My Docs folder, the entire Vortex App Data folder, the Vortex staging folder, fire SSE up and pray that it works!

More likely I'll have to completely redo everything, but I'm going to try.

I'll echo this.

I'm getting a new computer and am hoping to be able to just copy everything over from my old computer. I'm really not looking forward to reinstalling 270+ mods!

Unless I hear anything different, my plan is to install Steam, Skyrim, and Vortex and then copy to the new computer the SSE My Docs folder, the entire Vortex App Data folder, the Vortex staging folder, fire SSE up and pray that it works!

More likely I'll have to completely redo everything, but I'm going to try.

It looks to me like you've got a good plan. I've never done a Vortex transfer, but you've included all the items that I would include in such a transfer. You didn't explicitly mention it, but I assume your downloads folder is located in one of the folders you've already mentioned (AppData folder?). Also, before you transfer are you going to purge your game data folder and then redeploy after the transfer?

Good luck. Please let us know how the transfer turns out. I'll need to transfer to a new computer soon, and I'm eager to find out how well your approach works.

My downloads folder is actually on a local NAS, so I just need to point Vortex to that on the new computer.

Great point purging beforehand. Didn't think of that. That'd probably be safer.

I will post my results here. Although it's still about a week and a half until I'll receive my new computer (custom order).

Thanks, Augusta!

You know, it sure would be cool if we could have Vortex save a copy of our Nexus install and load order on the Nexus server, then allow us to automatically start downloading the whole bundle from the Nexus upon recalling the saved order on a new computer.

It would put a strain on the Nexus servers, but maybe make this a bonus feature available to all Lifetime membership subscribers or something, so as to throttle it's use a bit. Would be a really cool feature.

You know, it sure would be cool if we could have Vortex save a copy of our Nexus install and load order on the Nexus server, then allow us to automatically start downloading the whole bundle from the Nexus upon recalling the saved order on a new computer.

It would put a strain on the Nexus servers, but maybe make this a bonus feature available to all Lifetime membership subscribers or something, so as to throttle it's use a bit. Would be a really cool feature.

We certainly aim to head in this direction, though it would have to be Premium only.

We certainly aim to head in this direction, though it would have to be Premium only.

Even if such a feature/service would incur an extra fee on top of my premium membership, I'd pay (within reason, of course) because being able to just download a bunch of pre-selected mods would save a LOT of time and headache.