Bullet Sponge BS

SirGalahad

Oh...well script extender has been updated since then. I just get the current one and then roll it back so I don't get messed with lol.

How do you do that? You still need the latest version of the game, don't you? You copy the exe. and then download the latest version and copy/ paste the old exe. over it?

Here check out this post from back in April when I had just gotten F04 for PC lol: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6540926-how-to-rollback-fallout-4-version-steam/

Man was I friggen pisssed cause I had a 150 hour game on survival ruined.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am at level 50. I've not been playing as much as I had, but I must say that Better Locational Damage, Better Explosives, and to a lesser extent Super Mutant Redux and Raider Overhaul WIP have improved my game a thousand times over.

I die all the time, and I love the challenge. I no longer feel like the Hulk—the game suddenly has something to offer. I can shoot enemies in the head one time and kill them, and they can do the same to me. I can use explosives, which I had given up on early during my last play through. In fact, explosives are great, and there are times when you damn well better have a grenade! It's fantastic!

I play at Very Hard difficulty, because I want fast travel and don't want to be bothered with food or water right now.

The only thing I feel I'm missing is something that makes the AI less handicapped. I'm done with "The jet will make you jittery" "Musta been the wind" lunacy. I would prefer enemy NPCs were less oblivious, and more likely to use something resembling tactics.

I get many gamers don't want AI that might outsmart them, but flanking and diversion shouldn't be out of the question. Really wish difficulty settings affected AI.

I will post my feelings again when I reach level 100.

Edited by SirGalahad

Well, I am at level 50. I've not been playing as much as I had, but I must say that Better Locational Damage, Better Explosives, and to a lesser extent Super Mutant Redux and Raider Overhaul WIP have improved my game a thousand times over.

I die all the time, and I love the challenge. I no longer feel like the Hulk—the game suddenly has something to offer. I can shoot enemies in the head one time and kill them, and they can do the same to me. I can use explosives, which I had given up on early during my last play through. In fact, explosives are great, and there are times when you damn well better have a grenade! It's fantastic!

I play at Very Hard difficulty, because I want fast travel and don't want to be bothered with food or water right now.

The only thing I feel I'm missing is something that makes the AI less handicapped. I'm done with "The jet will make you jittery" "Musta been the wind" lunacy. I would prefer enemy NPCs were less oblivious, and more likely to use something resembling tactics.

I get many gamers don't want AI that might outsmart them, but flanking and diversion shouldn't be out of the question. Really wish difficulty settings affected AI.

I'm going to have to try, at least, Better Locational Damage next time I play.

Take a look at Arbitration , Advanced AI Tweaks , or Immersive Fallout. I haven't used any of them, but they all claim to make the enemy AI more tactical.

Edited by jkruse05

Take a look at Pack Attack NPC, extremely clever dynamic combat AI (but intense on the CPU).

One overhaul that is proving rather interesting is 'Perks and Companions' at:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32239

It is pretty large, and the author is trying to cover several areas that add good success and challenges to the game. It also includes a couple unique weapons. The original version is in French, so this is an English translation.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to have to try, at least, Better Locational Damage next time I play.

Take a look at Arbitration , Advanced AI Tweaks , or Immersive Fallout. I haven't used any of them, but they all claim to make the enemy AI more tactical.

Pack Attack is also is also quite good https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30140

What? You don't like it when you snipe a raider, and the one standing three feet away from them is completely oblivious their friend is laying on the floor in a gory mess?

The best one I've seen: The first time you enter Back Street Apparel, the two raiders at the other end of the room are having a conversation (and its usually pretty humorous if you stop to listen to it). I sniped one of them - they are literally facing each other maybe five feet apart - and blow the head off the one. The other probably got sprayed with blood. She just went right on talking. Funny thing is, only her half of the conversation kept playing after the kill - she was responding to someone who was no longer even there. LMAO