i have a question, what over all is better Skyrim, or Skyrim SE since it it later in SSE lifespan

thunderlord2200

i was just wondering befor i download one into my computer, im back into the mood and i god SSE as a free game threw steam (since i own the old game all DLCs, )

So i just did not know at the date of this post what one is better not just in over all old-new mods but also quality of game life;

from optimized better, to graphics and everything this the new game might do, or do better.. or if it is even worth it in the end.. because more mods on the older skyrim or so..

i have a 7 yr computer with a high enhanced GTX 970 ti GPU (i think i paid more at the time because it was better and it was a upgrade.. ) my processor is intel i5-3500 with 3300 with 12 gb of ram <--- this i know i need to upgrade, but i was also asking because i play this in a 55inch HDTV UHD 4k (i dont use 4k in most games unless graphics are worth it or my 970 cant handle it, but i think... it will with this, i just dont know any help plz and thank you

64 bit means more available RAM for the game.
I truly have a crash-free Skyrim SE game set up with about 189 mods currently.

A lot of the Oldrim mods have been ported, I was hesitant to leave Oldrim behind because of mods, but after switching to Skyrim SE, I'm not going back to the crashy Oldrim, and AFAIC, the mods I used in Oldrim have already been ported to Skyrim SE,

64 bit means more available RAM for the game.

I truly have a crash-free Skyrim SE game set up with about 189 mods currently.

A lot of the Oldrim mods have been ported, I was hesitant to leave Oldrim behind because of mods, but after switching to Skyrim SE, I'm not going back to the crashy Oldrim, and AFAIC, the mods I used in Oldrim have already been ported to Skyrim SE,thquality

thats so true.

i think thats what has hurt me at the start my self because alot of the older mods i used (years ago) at the time where never ported, i liked the heavy wolf sword (i cant remember the name but it was a great (2h) sliver sword i think and some older female armors... and followers that where truly voiced.. so i thought i would drop it and here i am, dont help the SEdit was not finished at the time to work with more heavily scripted mods and MCM at the time i dont think ported over.. (last i knew is was it going paid... =/ )

I've ported a few mods myself from Oldrim to SSE where the authors permission allowed me to do so. With that said, I STILL play Oldrim simply because I can't be bothered to install SSE and use up double space for both versions of the same game lol

If I had to start from absolute scratch,no back up files of altered and or fixed mods,maybe I would go to SE? My oldrim,minus minor hic ups,has always been very stable. I do accept that I could get a little bit more with SE. Maybe wouldn't get that 5-10 fps drop,down to 50+,in dense,heavy modded areas,idk. On my end it boils down to a lot work,fewer mods,small upside,sticking with oldrim.. .for now.

I'm playing SE at the moment with arround 280 active mods of which 210 plugin files.

I've find out today that you can only have 256 active plugins maximum on oldrim and SE.

Majority of the mods was ported to SE by now, because I remember arround a year and a half ago there was hardly any.

If some author aren't active anymore there's always somebody willing to port their mod on permission to SE.

From my personal experience I'd never go back to oldrim again because my current sse installation is stable AF. I can go for hours without CTD.

It all depends on how/why you mod your game. I really enjoy setting Skyrim/Fallout up with a balance of exceptional graphic quality and game playability at 60 fps. I want to be able to take a screenshot in the middle of a playthrough without having to change a bunch of textures/settings. I've spent the weekend making my first attempt at modding SE. Most of the mods I find necessary been ported. Yes, the game (with several 2k/4k retextures) seems to run a bit smoother, however, I am struggling with the way the game looks. Skyrim SE looks blurry and cartoony to me. SE has quite a ways to go before it can compete graphically with a heavily modded LE setup. In my defense, I have the latest Nvidia drivers, several HD texture packs, tree/landscape overhauls, correct ini settings, Obsidian weather, etc installed. I have also tried a few ENB presets (Intrigued and Organic for Obsidian Weathers) but cannot get the same visual quality that I have achieved with my LE setup.

I still only play Skyrim LE. Yes it's true that SE is more stable than an unmodded Skyrim, but once you fix the memory issue in Skyrim LE it has more mods available and also got stuff I like more. SE implemented small changes that I don't like for example the system page is not opened when you press esc, and there is now a big quicksave button in the menu, sprint is now a toggle and the save system is really weird, so you have seperate menus for different chars, but they did that system worse than the mod for LE that does the same but better. There's no Creation Club for LE and this is gonna be a very unpopular opinion, but I don't like the new esl files, I prefer having esp's that I can merge on my own. I currently have Skyrim LE 500 mods + enb and it is the most stable setup I ever had.

Edited by morogoth35