Vortex not showing mod updates

TheBaconOverlord

(Not sure if anyone still checks this topic)

When checking for updates under the Mods tab (Vortex separates mods into "Plugins" and "Mods" for some reason) everything updates correctly, but there's no button at all under the Plugins tab to check for updates, that I can find anyway. For players like me, with 60+ mods that are all fairly recent, this means our only real way to check for "Plugin" updates is to manually find every one of our mods and manually check to make sure the versions match up. I don't know why Vortex splits mods into Mods and Plugins, a majority automatically place themselves under Plugins, which seem much more restricted compared to those that appear under the Mod tab, which I've only noticed mods start doing recently. In fact it almost broke my entire modding system a while ago, because FNIS for some reason tried to install its own data twice when it didn't need to, so I had to figure out which FNIS data set was duplicating itself in order to fix the problem.

If anyone knows an easier way to update Plugin mods, or maybe transfer all Plugin mods to the Mods section (thus allowing to check for updates through Vortex) I would really appreciate it.

That's because all updates are from MODS, therefore the MODS Tab

There's never an option to just update a plugin, there wasn't with NMM there isn't with Vortex.

MODS are the BSA, BA2, Textures and Meshes

PLUGINS are the ESPs, ESLs, ESMs etc.

The MODS tab allows you to sort the BSAs, BA2s, Meshes and Textures, which is far more important than sorting the ESPs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed an apparent inconsistency, either with Vortex or with the Nexus website reporting. My fiance and I each have Nexus accounts. On my Vortex, the mods page currently shows updates are available for the CBBE body and for Racemenu. On my fiance's account (separate computer), neither update shows as available even after the check for updates button is clicked. My fiance discovered (by searching via web browser on the Nexus site) that there are also updates available for Landscape Fixes (#9005) and Remodeled Armor (#22168). Neither update shows as available on either of our Vortex accounts. Is there something we can check on our configuration/installation?

• 5 months later...

Bumping a semi-old thread. I, too, am trying to update my mods. I understand that mod creators are not necessarily consistent in their versions, but can't the Vortex client call a Nexus API to check if there has been any recent upload activity by the creator? In Vortex, add a LastUpdateCheck date field on the local mod record and compare that to a LastUploadDateTime value on the Nexus mod record. This wouldn't necessarily be accurate as mods have different components that may not correspond to the mod version you have installed, but it would at least serve as a useful flag to prompt the user to go look at the mod page.

Edited by nexodexo

Bumping a semi-old thread. I, too, am trying to update my mods. I understand that mod creators are not necessarily consistent in their versions, but can't the Vortex client call a Nexus API to check if there has been any recent upload activity by the creator? In Vortex, add a LastUpdateCheck date field on the local mod record and compare that to a LastUploadDateTime value on the Nexus mod record. This wouldn't necessarily be accurate as mods have different components that may not correspond to the mod version you have installed, but it would at least serve as a useful flag to prompt the user to go look at the mod page.

Submit a feature request through Vortex. The upper three right dots. That way it will be tracked.

What you are asking would be way too interactive for me - and most of my mods are not from nexusmods. But whatever - it is important to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time Nexus user, long time NMM user and I've finally decided to jump to Vortex, starting with SSE (I'm delaying FO4 for the time being). So far, I'm digging it a lot, but the update notification issue described here is my current conundrum. I did NOT use the import function, instead opting to copy all of the mod archives from the NMM (from \Game\Nexus Mod Manager\SkyrimSE\Mods per the instructions), and have gone through the installation from scratch method (disable\delete from NMM, drag\drop into Vortex, install individually and resolve file conflicts\order). I have done no manual installations and have taken the stock suggestions that Vortex listed in each conflict state. All is goodness, and I've stated a new game, with no noticeable problems so far.

The only problem I noticed as I did the installations of the individual mods was that just about every one kicked up a "cannot update masterlist" error, and I'm assuming that this is the locus of my update issue. At one point, a suggestion popped up to "Reset Masterlist", which since this was a first time run through, I went ahead and did. This solved the pop-up for a while, but eventually came back.

So my question is this: Could my problem with Vortex recognizing a new version is available (and I've checked my downloaded files against last updated, finding 3 in the first 20 or so that have a new version which Vortex hasn't identified) by a result of my masterlist? Any advice\input would be helpful. Oh, and I'm going to submit a case as recommended above as well.

Long time Nexus user, long time NMM user and I've finally decided to jump to Vortex, starting with SSE (I'm delaying FO4 for the time being). So far, I'm digging it a lot, but the update notification issue described here is my current conundrum. I did NOT use the import function, instead opting to copy all of the mod archives from the NMM (from \Game\Nexus Mod Manager\SkyrimSE\Mods per the instructions), and have gone through the installation from scratch method (disable\delete from NMM, drag\drop into Vortex, install individually and resolve file conflicts\order). I have done no manual installations and have taken the stock suggestions that Vortex listed in each conflict state. All is goodness, and I've stated a new game, with no noticeable problems so far.

The only problem I noticed as I did the installations of the individual mods was that just about every one kicked up a "cannot update masterlist" error, and I'm assuming that this is the locus of my update issue. At one point, a suggestion popped up to "Reset Masterlist", which since this was a first time run through, I went ahead and did. This solved the pop-up for a while, but eventually came back.

So my question is this: Could my problem with Vortex recognizing a new version is available (and I've checked my downloaded files against last updated, finding 3 in the first 20 or so that have a new version which Vortex hasn't identified) by a result of my masterlist? Any advice\input would be helpful. Oh, and I'm going to submit a case as recommended above as well.

Double click on each mod, a panel will open up on the right, pick NEXUS MODS as the Source, then click "GUESS", now Vortex should have all the info it needs about your mods, and will check for updates when you tell it to.

In future, if you download the mod with Vortex, Vortex will have all the metadata that goes along with it.

You only need to do what I described if you downlaod manually of copy the file over manually.

Vortex-Mod-Source.jpg

Double click on each mod, a panel will open up on the right, pick NEXUS MODS as the Source, then click "GUESS", now Vortex should have all the info it needs about your mods, and will check for updates when you tell it to.

In future, if you download the mod with Vortex, Vortex will have all the metadata that goes along with it.

You only need to do what I described if you downlaod manually of copy the file over manually.

Vortex-Mod-Source.jpg

Way cool HTR, thanks!! This will take a little work since I used the copy\install process for my first go, but better than having to start over. (Not a complaint about Vortex, mind you, just a comment on my own learning curve.)